You are not connected. Please login or register

» The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » POLL: Dumb or Dumber

POLL: Dumb or Dumber

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

POLL: Dumb or Dumber

POLL: Dumb or Dumber - Page 2 Vote_lcap280%POLL: Dumb or Dumber - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 80% [ 8 ]
POLL: Dumb or Dumber - Page 2 Vote_lcap220%POLL: Dumb or Dumber - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 10

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16POLL: Dumb or Dumber - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: Dumb or Dumber on Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:43 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star
Then why did Calgary take him back? Surely if he was a real problem Iginla would have spoken up and they would not have brought him back against their captain's wishes.

17POLL: Dumb or Dumber - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: Dumb or Dumber on Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:58 pm

hemlock

All-Star
All-Star
Dash wrote:Then why did Calgary take him back? Surely if he was a real problem Iginla would have spoken up and they would not have brought him back against their captain's wishes.

Or perhaps Sutter realized that he was going to miss the boat and be stuck with the same dreadful offence he had to end last year.

Aside from the fact that there were off ice problems with Jokinen in the dressing room, the on ice experiment failed, quite miserably.

This and the Tanguay signing just reek of desparation on Sutter's part. He knows he's under the gun to get that team back in the playoffs. He should have been fired before last season.

18POLL: Dumb or Dumber - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: Dumb or Dumber on Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:47 pm

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star
It's a tough one. While Sather handed out boneheaded contracts and handcuffed the Rangers for years he at least got rid of Gomez, Kotalik and got Gaborik.

Sutter is just spinning his wheels. Acquiring Jokinen for that draft pick, letting Cammaleri go, Boumeester flopping, trading Phaneuf, signing Stajan, re-acquiring Jokinen and Tanguay. I can't really think of any positives he did except maybe acquiring Rene Bourque.

I have no idea what he's doing over there and I don't think he does either.

19POLL: Dumb or Dumber - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: Dumb or Dumber on Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:06 pm

hemlock

hemlock
All-Star
All-Star
Hoags wrote:It's a tough one. While Sather handed out boneheaded contracts and handcuffed the Rangers for years he at least got rid of Gomez, Kotalik and got Gaborik.

Sutter is just spinning his wheels. Acquiring Jokinen for that draft pick, letting Cammaleri go, Boumeester flopping, trading Phaneuf, signing Stajan, re-acquiring Jokinen and Tanguay. I can't really think of any positives he did except maybe acquiring Rene Bourque.

I have no idea what he's doing over there and I don't think he does either.

He started out well, having acquired Kipper for peanuts and some of the pieces of the 2004 finals team, but yeah, it's been downhill ever since. One season it's about more offence, then the next it's a renewed committment to defence....it changes every year. This year is obviously offence.

20POLL: Dumb or Dumber - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: Dumb or Dumber on Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:43 pm

Essentially he has given up Matt Lombardi, 2010 1st round pick, Brandon Prust, Kotalik's buyout, and 3M of cap space for Ollie Jokinen. It's unbelievable.

21POLL: Dumb or Dumber - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: Dumb or Dumber on Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:51 pm

hemlock

hemlock
All-Star
All-Star
RobbyJ wrote:Essentially he has given up Matt Lombardi, 2010 1st round pick, Brandon Prust, Kotalik's buyout, and 3M of cap space for Ollie Jokinen. It's unbelievable.

That pick was Brandon Gormley too. Yikes. It's like going back to an abusive husband. Everyone else sees what a bad idea this is. POLL: Dumb or Dumber - Page 2 270956

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum