GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Breaking Rumours!! » This Just In! » Breaking News: The Sens sign Corey Locke

Breaking News: The Sens sign Corey Locke

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

61Breaking News: The Sens sign Corey Locke - Page 5 Empty Re: Breaking News: The Sens sign Corey Locke on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:30 pm

PKC

All-Star
All-Star
shabbs wrote:So, does anyone think he'll crack the NHL for real? Popular opinion seems to be he's a great "tweener". Great AHL player but will never stick in the NHL.

Martin St Pierre didn't stick last year and he's a great AHLer. Don't see why this will be an exception.

62Breaking News: The Sens sign Corey Locke - Page 5 Empty Re: Breaking News: The Sens sign Corey Locke on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:47 pm

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran
shabbs wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:Any, don't we have a bit of a history in doing that; Carkner, Shannon (to a lesser extent) ... who knows.
HA! Hopefully it doesn't take as long as Carkner did...

Wink

Wasn't long ... after we got our hands on him ... Wink

63Breaking News: The Sens sign Corey Locke - Page 5 Empty Re: Breaking News: The Sens sign Corey Locke on Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:42 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
shabbs wrote:So, does anyone think he'll crack the NHL for real? Popular opinion seems to be he's a great "tweener". Great AHL player but will never stick in the NHL.

I don't think he has a snowball's chance in hell. He might get a game or two, but in the end, he's here to get the B-Sens to the playoffs and beyond! Ahhhhh!

64Breaking News: The Sens sign Corey Locke - Page 5 Empty Re: Breaking News: The Sens sign Corey Locke on Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:14 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SpezDispenser wrote:

I don't think he has a snowball's chance in hell. He might get a game or two, but in the end, he's here to get the B-Sens to the playoffs and beyond! Ahhhhh!

He's our next Hamel.

- Unknown Author

65Breaking News: The Sens sign Corey Locke - Page 5 Empty Re: Breaking News: The Sens sign Corey Locke on Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:34 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
He's our next Hamel.

That's a pretty good comparison.

66Breaking News: The Sens sign Corey Locke - Page 5 Empty Re: Breaking News: The Sens sign Corey Locke on Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:01 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
comments removed by Dash

Last edited by Dash on Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

67Breaking News: The Sens sign Corey Locke - Page 5 Empty Re: Breaking News: The Sens sign Corey Locke on Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:08 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SensChirp Breaking News: The Sens sign Corey Locke - Page 5 555492

68Breaking News: The Sens sign Corey Locke - Page 5 Empty Re: Breaking News: The Sens sign Corey Locke on Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:58 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
From SC:

captain-cowen,

Yep he did give me the heads up on that one. Never
said I broke that signing. I actually read it over on GMhockey.com
before I even spoke to spez. He was all over it.

69Breaking News: The Sens sign Corey Locke - Page 5 Empty Re: Breaking News: The Sens sign Corey Locke on Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:59 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Big Ev wrote:From SC:

captain-cowen,

Yep he did give me the heads up on that one. Never
said I broke that signing. I actually read it over on GMhockey.com
before I even spoke to spez. He was all over it.

Not good enough.

70Breaking News: The Sens sign Corey Locke - Page 5 Empty Re: Breaking News: The Sens sign Corey Locke on Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:05 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
Who is Captain Cowen btw? I saw him keeping on it too. Good job.

And no you are right that is not good enough. He should have given him the credit as the source . EDIT: He has since done so.

Last edited by Dash on Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

71Breaking News: The Sens sign Corey Locke - Page 5 Empty Re: Breaking News: The Sens sign Corey Locke on Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:07 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
That captain-cowen sure is a great guy. Breaking News: The Sens sign Corey Locke - Page 5 54934

72Breaking News: The Sens sign Corey Locke - Page 5 Empty Re: Breaking News: The Sens sign Corey Locke on Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:27 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
Big Ev wrote:That captain-cowen sure is a great guy. Breaking News: The Sens sign Corey Locke - Page 5 54934

its you isn't it

73Breaking News: The Sens sign Corey Locke - Page 5 Empty Re: Breaking News: The Sens sign Corey Locke on Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:30 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Dash wrote:Who is Captain Cowen btw? I saw him keeping on it too. Good job.

And no you are right that is not good enough. He should have given him the credit as the source. He's pretty classless.

Maybe if someone had posted "Source?" in the comments section this whole ugly episode would not have taken place at all.

74Breaking News: The Sens sign Corey Locke - Page 5 Empty Re: Breaking News: The Sens sign Corey Locke on Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:42 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
Kudos to SensChirp for putting a link to GMhockey in the Locke post. I was too hard on the guy and the site. His followers are as loyal as ours here, though not as classy.

Last edited by Dash on Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

75Breaking News: The Sens sign Corey Locke - Page 5 Empty Re: Breaking News: The Sens sign Corey Locke on Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:01 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
Just let it go, ppl on those forums are idiots as it is. Both sites have links to each other, so maybe no need to take links down due to other ppl talking smack

76Breaking News: The Sens sign Corey Locke - Page 5 Empty Re: Breaking News: The Sens sign Corey Locke on Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:19 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
Apparently I am not well liked over on Sens Chirp now. I thought I was pretty civil in my dealings, can't say the same about the other people's comments. I have done plenty of freelance reporting on the internet and have always given credit to the person and website I got the news from. Plus you all know when I interviewed Lehner and asked for your questions I never passed them off as my own and gave every contributor credit. Maybe I made too big a deal about it, and obviously SD has no issues with it, being the type of guy he is, and certainly I didn't intend to make trouble for myself, this site, or him.

I was probably too hard on SC as well. I know these two sites are affiliated and he comes by here every so often, so I apologize to him.

77Breaking News: The Sens sign Corey Locke - Page 5 Empty Re: Breaking News: The Sens sign Corey Locke on Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:08 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Don't know when he added it, but Chirp's initial post links to here.

78Breaking News: The Sens sign Corey Locke - Page 5 Empty Re: Breaking News: The Sens sign Corey Locke on Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Yeah, I love that you guys fought for it, but it's really not a big deal. I've been talking to SC via e-mail the last couple of days - and again, he's a really good guy.

He'll always give us a plug whenever he can, so it's all good.

Again though, I appreciate your efforts guys! I really do, but it's all good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum