You are not connected. Please login or register

The State of discussions at GMHockey

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 28  Next

The State of discussions at GMHockey

The State of discussions at GMHockey Vote_lcap215%The State of discussions at GMHockey Vote_rcap2 15% [ 3 ]
The State of discussions at GMHockey Vote_lcap250%The State of discussions at GMHockey Vote_rcap2 50% [ 10 ]
The State of discussions at GMHockey Vote_lcap215%The State of discussions at GMHockey Vote_rcap2 15% [ 3 ]
The State of discussions at GMHockey Vote_lcap220%The State of discussions at GMHockey Vote_rcap2 20% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 20

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 28]

1The State of discussions at GMHockey Empty The State of discussions at GMHockey on Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:29 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
People seem to want to talk about this and as such I have created a topic. This is what we all should do when a thread goes off on a tangent that seems to take on a life of it's own. So, for those interested, have your discussions regarding this topic in here.

Thanks,

Clutch.

Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:40 am; edited 2 times in total

- Unknown Author

2The State of discussions at GMHockey Empty Re: The State of discussions at GMHockey on Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:48 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Tough not to admire a guy who went out on his own terms.

The State of discussions at GMHockey S_07b8234e9ffd2bc8cb1b53ffebf2eca3

Fare thee well, old friend.

3The State of discussions at GMHockey Empty Re: The State of discussions at GMHockey on Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:53 am

Is this where we dicuss Ottawa's 37th best prospect?

4The State of discussions at GMHockey Empty Re: The State of discussions at GMHockey on Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:54 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I really wish Cam Neely was still playing. Oh wait. Wrong thread.

- Unknown Author

5The State of discussions at GMHockey Empty Re: The State of discussions at GMHockey on Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:57 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran
This thread is idiotic.

6The State of discussions at GMHockey Empty Re: The State of discussions at GMHockey on Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:57 am

Neely retired?

7The State of discussions at GMHockey Empty Re: The State of discussions at GMHockey on Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:58 am

TheAvatar wrote:This thread is idiotic.

point?

8The State of discussions at GMHockey Empty Re: The State of discussions at GMHockey on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:01 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Source?

9The State of discussions at GMHockey Empty Re: The State of discussions at GMHockey on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:07 am

I'd argue that this post is more applicable then the who is the better GM debate.

10The State of discussions at GMHockey Empty Re: The State of discussions at GMHockey on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:09 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Jesus Christ, I can't believe there's an entire thread dedicated to this - and I was a quasi-friend of his. Facepalm

He left because he 'couldn't be bothered' doing the ignore thing to the four or five people he didn't care for.

That's lame - and I told him that yesterday.

As I've said before, there are enough strong posters on here to keep things going just fine. Perhaps with a LOT less tension/bad blood too.

11The State of discussions at GMHockey Empty Re: The State of discussions at GMHockey on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:44 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
The more frustrating part is that people on this site insinuating that its the users that pushed neely of the website. And all of a sudden, we're all talking 'Dung' about neely behind his back and its a sad day that we've lost neely, and none of us realize what a great person he was for this site....

People please! No one went out of their way to drive him off the website. He's done this before, and he's done it now. So what if he mellowed out? He still had his own issues with the users, and quite frankly acted immaturely by just leaving because of some stupid argument with a user who's barely around this site, especially compared to Neely's participation. That's his choice. We think its a poor choice, and we wouldn't be saying that if we didn't like him. instead we'd all be saying 'good riddance' but no one is saying that at all, so stop pretending like that's whats happening.

Now that he's left, so many people are coming to his aid about how great of a perspective he brought to this website and how we really need him otherwise our quality of discussion will blow. Well I don't care how great he was, it doesn't mean he didn't have his flaws. can we stop ignoring this now?

BOTTOM LINE: it was HIS choice! No one on this site wanted him to leave, and we're all disappointed he left...we wouldn't be if we really wanted him off the site. What is so friggin' difficult to understand about this? No one is hating on him, and yes I'd love to have him back on the site because he does bring great discussions to the forefront. But, he's not the only one on this site that can bring perspective.

12The State of discussions at GMHockey Empty Re: The State of discussions at GMHockey on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:51 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
By putting this thread up I'm saying don't ignore it if you really want to talk about it. I personally liked his hockey related comments in isolation but did not appreciate the added insulting tone he put to some of his posts.

- Unknown Author

13The State of discussions at GMHockey Empty Re: The State of discussions at GMHockey on Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:23 am

SpezDispenser wrote:Jesus Christ, I can't believe there's an entire thread dedicated to this - and I was a quasi-friend of his. The State of discussions at GMHockey 489887

He left because he 'couldn't be bothered' doing the ignore thing to the four or five people he didn't care for.

That's lame - and I told him that yesterday.

As I've said before, there are enough strong posters on here to keep things going just fine. Perhaps with a LOT less tension/bad blood too.

you're just happy cause he'd almost have as many posts as you if he didn't leave a few times before The State of discussions at GMHockey 159628 The State of discussions at GMHockey 805406

14The State of discussions at GMHockey Empty Re: The State of discussions at GMHockey on Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:24 am

Cap'n Clutch wrote:By putting this thread up I'm saying don't ignore it if you really want to talk about it. I personally liked his hockey related comments in isolation but did not appreciate the added insulting tone he put to some of his posts.

Cap - his insulting tone was my favourite part.

Everyone - when posting to people you can't see their expressions and manuerisms.. so if you take something negetively, get overourself, time to get some self confidence

15The State of discussions at GMHockey Empty Re: The State of discussions at GMHockey on Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:21 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
DirtyDave wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:By putting this thread up I'm saying don't ignore it if you really want to talk about it. I personally liked his hockey related comments in isolation but did not appreciate the added insulting tone he put to some of his posts.

Cap - his insulting tone was my favourite part.

Everyone - when posting to people you can't see their expressions and manuerisms.. so if you take something negetively, get overourself, time to get some self confidence

that's easier said than done. And you're right, you can't see ppl's expressions and mannerisms, that's why its all the more important to not be a jerk or engage in immature rants about each other. Not necessary, and really no good can come out of degrading someone. And while we're at it, let's destroy someone's self-confidence even more if they can't handle internet talks. The State of discussions at GMHockey 821277

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 28]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum