You are not connected. Please login or register

» Alphabet soup + Anouncements! » Random Thoughts - NON Hockey talk » The State of discussions at GMHockey

The State of discussions at GMHockey

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 28  Next

The State of discussions at GMHockey

The State of discussions at GMHockey - Page 15 Vote_lcap215%The State of discussions at GMHockey - Page 15 Vote_rcap2 15% [ 3 ]
The State of discussions at GMHockey - Page 15 Vote_lcap250%The State of discussions at GMHockey - Page 15 Vote_rcap2 50% [ 10 ]
The State of discussions at GMHockey - Page 15 Vote_lcap215%The State of discussions at GMHockey - Page 15 Vote_rcap2 15% [ 3 ]
The State of discussions at GMHockey - Page 15 Vote_lcap220%The State of discussions at GMHockey - Page 15 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 20

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 28]

211The State of discussions at GMHockey - Page 15 Empty Re: The State of discussions at GMHockey on Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:58 am

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star
This is still the best hockey forum I've seen. Major props to the fact
there's actual Sens' fans (in Ottawa) here as well ! The State of discussions at GMHockey - Page 15 43150

Neely was one of my favorite posters, sad to see him go.

212The State of discussions at GMHockey - Page 15 Empty Re: The State of discussions at GMHockey on Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:25 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
SpezDispenser wrote:... - and I'm starting to enjoy coming here less. ...

< rubs hands >

I have a chance! Less than 9,200 to go!

213The State of discussions at GMHockey - Page 15 Empty Re: The State of discussions at GMHockey on Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:28 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:... - and I'm starting to enjoy coming here less. ...

< rubs hands >

I have a chance! Less than 9,200 to go!

Haha, just because it's not as fun to come here now as it will be once training camp starts, doesn't mean I won't be coming around.

I think there's a few issues to iron out personally - and once those situations come to a head, everything will be fine.

214The State of discussions at GMHockey - Page 15 Empty Re: The State of discussions at GMHockey on Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:15 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Laughing3 For God's sake there's an IGNORE feature.

The State of discussions at GMHockey - Page 15 62136 How is that apropos to anything I just said? Really. Are you trying to say it would be alright if Notch came back? That the whole site would be expected to put him, and his clones, on "ignore"? Great solution.

Well, what would you suggest? This is an openly free hockey talk forum. There's no charge to join, the Admins make $0 out of the deal (in fact, we put a little in, but that's fine).

In this perfect world where every poster who comes to this free site is a Bob McKenzie, but the truth is, this is a site where people can come and express themselves. If you don't like what someone is saying, or you don't like their insights, then there's nothing you can do but put them on "Ignore".

I don't understand if it's laziness, or just the need to constantly complain, but the ignore function takes...all of about 5 seconds to utilize. And don't tell me you didn't know about the feature, back when Neely was being a *real* arse, I was PMing the entire membership base explaining how easy it was to do.

But no, you all choose to *not* utilize it - and then complain when there are four or five (or more, I have no idea) posters you don't like ready, or you feel brings down the site.

Well that's handy if you're looking for a way to continually kick this site whenever there's the smallest issue.

I re-iterate:

1.This is a free forum to discuss hockey on the internet. For Heaven's sake, obviously you take the good with the bad.

2.Use the ignore function. There are *plenty* of great posters here. If you can't find enough you like...then we'll refund your money (oops...wait...)

People who come on here and complain - and delete their accounts - certainly don't appreciate the amount of work that goes into continuously making sure the site runs smoothly. Ask Clutch, ask Prager, there's constantly something these days, whether it's NL4, Gohan (aka cash), or you Rooney.

Try giving us a bit of a break and giving some positive contributions - instead of what I perceive as constant complaining. You'll say that you've talked to posters on here that feel the site will die without Neely, well the other side of the coin is: I've talked to many, many posters who've come back to this site after a long time away - just *because* Neely's gone.

That's all I have on this. I'm not mad at anyone, it's starting to wear on me though - and I'm starting to enjoy coming here less. And it's not because Neely's gone, we still have some of the best posters around, it's because of threads exactly like this.

Kick the site? Complain? That's really all your hearing? You think that everyone who speaks up is a Wing Dang Doodle whiner? Seriously, that's sad.

I speak up because I care about the site. I speak up because I notice a number of alarming trends, which the site mods and owners don't seem to be doing anything about. I do and I have always applauded the work you and the mods do. What concerns me is that you seem to be letting a good thing slip through your fingers.

Man. This makes me more sad than anything.

215The State of discussions at GMHockey - Page 15 Empty Re: The State of discussions at GMHockey on Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:47 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore
rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

The State of discussions at GMHockey - Page 15 62136 For God's sake there's an IGNORE feature.

The State of discussions at GMHockey - Page 15 62136 How is that apropos to anything I just said? Really. Are you trying to say it would be alright if Notch came back? That the whole site would be expected to put him, and his clones, on "ignore"? Great solution.

Well, what would you suggest? This is an openly free hockey talk forum. There's no charge to join, the Admins make $0 out of the deal (in fact, we put a little in, but that's fine).

In this perfect world where every poster who comes to this free site is a Bob McKenzie, but the truth is, this is a site where people can come and express themselves. If you don't like what someone is saying, or you don't like their insights, then there's nothing you can do but put them on "Ignore".

I don't understand if it's laziness, or just the need to constantly complain, but the ignore function takes...all of about 5 seconds to utilize. And don't tell me you didn't know about the feature, back when Neely was being a *real* arse, I was PMing the entire membership base explaining how easy it was to do.

But no, you all choose to *not* utilize it - and then complain when there are four or five (or more, I have no idea) posters you don't like ready, or you feel brings down the site.

Well that's handy if you're looking for a way to continually kick this site whenever there's the smallest issue.

I re-iterate:

1.This is a free forum to discuss hockey on the internet. For Heaven's sake, obviously you take the good with the bad.

2.Use the ignore function. There are *plenty* of great posters here. If you can't find enough you like...then we'll refund your money (oops...wait...)

People who come on here and complain - and delete their accounts - certainly don't appreciate the amount of work that goes into continuously making sure the site runs smoothly. Ask Clutch, ask Prager, there's constantly something these days, whether it's NL4, Gohan (aka cash), or you Rooney.

Try giving us a bit of a break and giving some positive contributions - instead of what I perceive as constant complaining. You'll say that you've talked to posters on here that feel the site will die without Neely, well the other side of the coin is: I've talked to many, many posters who've come back to this site after a long time away - just *because* Neely's gone.

That's all I have on this. I'm not mad at anyone, it's starting to wear on me though - and I'm starting to enjoy coming here less. And it's not because Neely's gone, we still have some of the best posters around, it's because of threads exactly like this.

Kick the site? Complain? That's really all your hearing? You think that everyone who speaks up is a Wing Dang Doodle whiner? Seriously, that's sad.

I speak up because I care about the site. I speak up because I notice a number of alarming trends, which the site mods and owners don't seem to be doing anything about. I do and I have always applauded the work you and the mods do. What concerns me is that you seem to be letting a good thing slip through your fingers.

An alarming trend is that this damn thread won't die, it almost made it 24 hours without a post and then this.

Yes it is my choice to click on this thread, and I haven't had the time to be around this site as much as I want to, but Rooney buddy, this thread staying alive should be an issue to you if you are truly concerned about the direction of this site.

And yes I realize I am being a hypocrite by posting in the thread.

I vote to have this be the last message, and we put to rest 'the state of discussions at GMHockey."

The State of discussions at GMHockey - Page 15 155853

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

216The State of discussions at GMHockey - Page 15 Empty Re: The State of discussions at GMHockey on Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:44 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Personally, I don't care if this thread continues or not. I also don't mind if the conversation continues or not -- and *that* is the more tangible thing; whether it's this thread or another, what's the difference.

Rooney, you talk of alarming trends. Care to point one out? Is the trend that members objected to being ridiculed and unnecessarily put down? Or that long-standing members (mods and others) would jump in and say "That's enough" when silly banter turned to childish playground fights? Or that, increasingly, people are getting a bit fed up with the elitist attitudes exhibited by a few -- the elite?

217The State of discussions at GMHockey - Page 15 Empty Re: The State of discussions at GMHockey on Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:48 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:Personally, I don't care if this thread continues or not. I also don't mind if the conversation continues or not -- and *that* is the more tangible thing; whether it's this thread or another, what's the difference.

Rooney, you talk of alarming trends. Care to point one out? Is the trend that members objected to being ridiculed and unnecessarily put down? Or that long-standing members (mods and others) would jump in and say "That's enough" when silly banter turned to childish playground fights? Or that, increasingly, people are getting a bit fed up with the elitist attitudes exhibited by a few -- the elite?

Yep, this is all about elitism and being a pain in the Donkey. Thanks for tuning in and paying such careful attention. The State of discussions at GMHockey - Page 15 457303

218The State of discussions at GMHockey - Page 15 Empty Re: The State of discussions at GMHockey on Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:10 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star
M_Christopher wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

The State of discussions at GMHockey - Page 15 62136 For God's sake there's an IGNORE feature.

I re-iterate:

An alarming trend is that this damn thread won't die, it almost made it 24 hours without a post and then this.

Yes it is my choice to click on this thread, and I haven't had the time to be around this site as much as I want to, but Rooney buddy, this thread staying alive should be an issue to you if you are truly concerned about the direction of this site.

I vote to have this be the last message, and we put to rest 'the state of discussions at GMHockey."

Yes, I agree, bringing a problem to open light and discussing it is an unhealthy thing do. We should ignore things and let fester, or better yet, attack the people who fail to pretend along with us and shut down the threads (posted in innocuous, appropriate forums such as "miscellaneous") while we're at it. That's the recipe for a healthy, democratic exchange of ideas! The State of discussions at GMHockey - Page 15 42833

219The State of discussions at GMHockey - Page 15 Empty Re: The State of discussions at GMHockey on Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:38 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Democratic exchange of ideas does not need to include sarcasm. Or do you disagree that your last two posts are dripping with it?

220The State of discussions at GMHockey - Page 15 Empty Re: The State of discussions at GMHockey on Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:00 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:Democratic exchange of ideas does not need to include sarcasm. Or do you disagree that your last two posts are dripping with it?

I guess we should have banned SSF about 7000 posts ago, then.

And I employ satire, ala Swift, not sarcasm. The State of discussions at GMHockey - Page 15 54934

221The State of discussions at GMHockey - Page 15 Empty Re: The State of discussions at GMHockey on Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:45 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore
rooneypoo wrote:
M_Christopher wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I re-iterate:

Yes, I agree, bringing a problem to open light and discussing it is an unhealthy thing do. We should ignore things and let fester, or better yet, attack the people who fail to pretend along with us and shut down the threads (posted in innocuous, appropriate forums such as "miscellaneous") while we're at it. That's the recipe for a healthy, democratic exchange of ideas! The State of discussions at GMHockey - Page 15 42833

The State of discussions at GMHockey - Page 15 78488

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

222The State of discussions at GMHockey - Page 15 Empty Re: The State of discussions at GMHockey on Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:19 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
rooneypoo wrote:
wprager wrote:Democratic exchange of ideas does not need to include sarcasm. Or do you disagree that your last two posts are dripping with it?

I guess we should have banned SSF about 7000 posts ago, then.

And I employ satire, ala Swift, not sarcasm. The State of discussions at GMHockey - Page 15 54934

First, I didn't say anything about banning.

Second, SSF is almost always facetious, not sarcastic.

Third, did you just call me a Yahoo?! Dammit!

223The State of discussions at GMHockey - Page 15 Empty Re: The State of discussions at GMHockey on Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:26 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
What use is it getting into a peeing match with Rooney? Come on, we're all in other threads having, what I would like to think of as a nice hockey chat. Join us in there and let this thread do what it should have done a long, long time ago - die.

I've said it before and been baited into commenting in this thread. No more, this is the last time I'll say it or comment on it:

I will not enter this thread or comment in it again. Life's too short. Lalalala

224The State of discussions at GMHockey - Page 15 Empty Re: The State of discussions at GMHockey on Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:36 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
SpezDispenser wrote:What use is it getting into a peeing match with Rooney? Come on, we're all in other threads having, what I would like to think of as a nice hockey chat. Join us in there and let this thread do what it should have done a long, long time ago - die.

I've said it before and been baited into commenting in this thread. No more, this is the last time I'll say it or comment on it:

I will not enter this thread or comment in it again. Life's too short. Lalalala

(humpf) Obviously, you haven't read Gulliver's Travels. The State of discussions at GMHockey - Page 15 28

225The State of discussions at GMHockey - Page 15 Empty Re: The State of discussions at GMHockey on Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:21 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star
M_Christopher wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
M_Christopher wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I re-iterate:

The State of discussions at GMHockey - Page 15 78488

I can play that game, too.

The State of discussions at GMHockey - Page 15 95132

Irony, you are so delicious!

"Yeah there's one or two who are dynamite then another 3000 that
are useless.
"

http://www.gmhockey.com/minnesota-wild-f25/koivu-extension-7-years-4725-in-minnesota-t4754.htm#190607

The State of discussions at GMHockey - Page 15 822944

226The State of discussions at GMHockey - Page 15 Empty Re: The State of discussions at GMHockey on Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:33 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
He's talking about HFBoards...that's not ironic at all.

227The State of discussions at GMHockey - Page 15 Empty Re: The State of discussions at GMHockey on Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:36 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star
Big Ev wrote:He's talking about HFBoards...that's not ironic at all.

Ah, so only some boards can suffer from this problem, and others are exempt? Gotcha.

228The State of discussions at GMHockey - Page 15 Empty Re: The State of discussions at GMHockey on Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:45 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
rooneypoo wrote:
Big Ev wrote:He's talking about HFBoards...that's not ironic at all.

Ah, so only some boards can suffer from this problem, and others are exempt? Gotcha.

No, but I don't feel this board has the problems that HFBoards has, like M_Christoper was saying.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum