Total Votes: 20

rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 7422
    Registration date : 2008-08-11

Re: The State of discussions at GMHockey

Post by rooneypoo on Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:46 pm

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have beer to drink, and an old friend to catch up with. Cheers.

TheAvatar
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 2728
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by TheAvatar on Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:54 pm

Prags and Rooney.

Enough. You are bickering back and forth; arguing your points (both quite eloquently) but enough's enough.

I think you both need to get into fight club and "iron it out" or something but you're both kindda polluting the discussion with what appears to be strictly a personal vendetta.

Although I think you are both tremendous contributors to this site (each in your own way), I wonder if this might not be a good time to take a step back.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47614

Post by wprager on Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:27 pm

TheAvatar wrote:Prags and Rooney.

Enough. You are bickering back and forth; arguing your points (both quite eloquently) but enough's enough.

I think you both need to get into fight club and "iron it out" or something but you're both kindda polluting the discussion with what appears to be strictly a personal vendetta.

Although I think you are both tremendous contributors to this site (each in your own way), I wonder if this might not be a good time to take a step back.

7:09
    8:46
    9:54

I'm just sayin' ...
    TheAvatar
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 2728
    Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by TheAvatar on Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:28 am

wprager wrote:

I'm just sayin' ...

Call me dumb but I'm not sure what you're saying or implying ....
    rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by rooneypoo on Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:07 am

TheAvatar wrote:
    wprager wrote:

I'm just sayin' ...

Call me dumb but I'm not sure what you're saying or implying ....

That he's had plenty of time to consider his vendetta, and makes no
    bones about it?

Guess he really misses his rep points.
    ddt
    Rookie
    Rookie

Number of posts : 452
    Registration date : 2008-09-05

Post by ddt on Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:13 am

wprager wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    Not cool, Rooney. Now that DTR is no longer around I can claim that my (almost) 48 years on this mortal coil trump everyone else. There's a reason why I don't.

Now get off my lawn!

Really? I say it's not cool to flaunt your 23 months against someone's 4, then make a self-deprecating joke about my age, and I get a minus?

Facepalm Crying

But it's oh so cool to flaunt how many posts you've made, right?
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 13570
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:53 am

Still early but 70% of respondents say there's either a little problem or it's a great site.

- Unknown Author
    Straight Shooter
    Rookie
    Rookie

Number of posts : 145
    Registration date : 2010-04-08

Post by Straight Shooter on Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:27 pm

Funniest posts ever in this thread, I just read it from start to finish. I voted for people to get a grip because this site is awesome. Knowledgeable Ottawa fans everywhere.
    rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by rooneypoo on Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:38 pm

Straight Shooter wrote:Funniest posts ever in this thread, I just read it from start to finish. I voted for people to get a grip because this site is awesome. Knowledgeable Ottawa fans everywhere.

So funny and irrelevant that it forced the mods to see a problem developing and change the site to adjust? LMAO, doesn't that show just how funny and pointless this conversation was?

Straight Shooter
    Rookie
    Rookie

Number of posts : 145
    Registration date : 2010-04-08

Post by Straight Shooter on Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:43 pm

rooneypoo wrote:
    Straight Shooter wrote:Funniest posts ever in this thread, I just read it from start to finish. I voted for people to get a grip because this site is awesome. Knowledgeable Ottawa fans everywhere.

So funny and irrelevant that it forced the mods to see a problem developing and change the site to adjust? LMAO, doesn't that show just how funny and pointless this conversation was?

Relax.
    rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by rooneypoo on Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:09 pm

Straight Shooter wrote:
    rooneypoo wrote:

Relax.

Oh, trust me, I'm feeling quite relaxed. Very, very relaxed. LOL.
    Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 8459
    Registration date : 2009-06-22

Post by Hoff-Machine on Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:34 pm

sooo we got rid of the rep points? what the flying Cuss? That was ONE of the reasons I wanted to come back to this site. Why would you do this? Why has one person's departure changed this site so drastically? and yes, this is a drastic change.
    rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by rooneypoo on Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:55 pm

Michallica wrote:sooo we got rid of the rep points? what the flying Cuss? That was ONE of the reasons I wanted to come back to this site. Why would you do this? Why has one person's departure changed this site so drastically? and yes, this is a drastic change.

The system was being abused by one member or one set of members. Go back to about page 7 or 8 of this thread, and read on.
    Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Hoff-Machine on Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:32 pm

why didn't everyone else just '+' you? And maybe the mods should have authority to see who's +-ing and -ing each other. If someone is constantly repping someone up or down, then I think that individual should also be prepared to be questioned by the moderator. I would think that's a simple solution.
    rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by rooneypoo on Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:37 pm

Michallica wrote:why didn't everyone else just '+' you? And maybe the mods should have authority to see who's +-ing and -ing each other. If someone is constantly repping someone up or down, then I think that individual should also be prepared to be questioned by the moderator. I would think that's a simple solution.

The answer these questions is in those last 3-4 pages of conversation on this thread.

I suggested the same thing that you did, and got the answer I'll pass on to you: it turns out the mods can't see who's repping who, or make any other changes to the system -- it's a computer programming thing that I don't understand, but there you have it.
    Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Hoff-Machine on Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:42 pm

Terrible....well I think that's disappointing actually. Hopefully they find a solution to the constant abusing of the rep system and apply it back on the site.

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:54 pm

rooneypoo wrote:
    Michallica wrote:why didn't everyone else just '+' you? And maybe the mods should have authority to see who's +-ing and -ing each other. If someone is constantly repping someone up or down, then I think that individual should also be prepared to be questioned by the moderator. I would think that's a simple solution.

The answer these questions is in those last 3-4 pages of conversation on this thread.

I suggested the same thing that you did, and got the answer I'll pass on to you: it turns out the mods can't see who's repping who, or make any other changes to the system -- it's a computer programming thing that I don't understand, but there you have it.

Who cares about rep points. People in here know well enough who's reputable and who isn't. If rep points are going to cause problems just get rid of them.
    Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Hoff-Machine on Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:05 pm

Kovalfie wrote:
    rooneypoo wrote:

Who cares about rep points. People in here know well enough who's reputable and who isn't. If rep points are going to cause problems just get rid of them.

I think it brought a unique element to the site. If anything, it made ppl research their info and have them strive to be a little more respected, resulting in less obnoxious posts. Right now, it seems like we know who's good and who's not. What happens when several newbies come along and start with the dingus approaches? Anyways, I liked the rep point idea, it was a niche. I'll still be here...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:33 am