You are not connected. Please login or register

» Breaking Rumours!! » This Just In! » Regin signs 2 year deal - avoids arbitration

Regin signs 2 year deal - avoids arbitration

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31Regin signs 2 year deal - avoids arbitration - Page 3 Empty Re: Regin signs 2 year deal - avoids arbitration on Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:03 pm

Amnesia021

Rookie
Rookie
rooneypoo wrote:

I stand by the walk-away number that I have above, tho'. The Sens won't walk away from Campoli because, if it goes to arbitration, he won't get more than $1.5 mil / yr.

I think the official number is $1,611,180

32Regin signs 2 year deal - avoids arbitration - Page 3 Empty Re: Regin signs 2 year deal - avoids arbitration on Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:14 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Amnesia021 wrote:
Kovalfie wrote:
beerandsens wrote:Great news. Now to see what the heck happens with Campoli. I like him, we'd have some ridiculous defensive depth with him on the roster and I doubt he can get a decent return trade wise... depending on if it goes to arbitration we could walk away... you never know. Anything seems possible.

Maybe the plan is to walk away and play Lee?

Regin signs 2 year deal - avoids arbitration - Page 3 432129

If the award is less that 1.6, I don't think the Sens can walk away...
Can or should? Two very different meanings...

Wink

CockRoche

Veteran
Veteran
rooneypoo wrote:
Dash wrote:Sign and trade is an option.

Pretty sure you can't trade a guy for a while (perhaps as long as a year; certainly at least until January) after you've signed the player to a contract determined by arbitration. I remember this issue coming up after FLA signed JBo to his arbitrator-awarded deal a few years back.

Not sure how your memory is failing you here. You can trade an arbitrator awarded contract anytime you want as long a there have been no added NTC or NMC put into the contract after the fact (very rare).

The only time a team is not allowed to trade a player is when a contract relates to offer sheets. If a RFA is signed to an offer sheet by an opposing club, the home club has the opportunity to match the offer or receive the appropriate draftpick compensation. If the home team matches the offer, they cannot trade that player within the first year of matching the contract offer.

Most recent high-profile example: the Sabres matching the Oilers offer sheet of Thomas Vanek. The Sabres could not trade Vanek during the 2007-2008 season.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star
CockRoche wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Pretty sure you can't trade a guy for a while (perhaps as long as a year; certainly at least until January) after you've signed the player to a contract determined by arbitration. I remember this issue coming up after FLA signed JBo to his arbitrator-awarded deal a few years back.

Not sure how your memory is failing you here. You can trade an arbitrator awarded contract anytime you want as long a there have been no added NTC or NMC put into the contract after the fact (very rare).

The only time a team is not allowed to trade a player is when a contract relates to offer sheets. If a RFA is signed to an offer sheet by an opposing club, the home club has the opportunity to match the offer or receive the appropriate draftpick compensation. If the home team matches the offer, they cannot trade that player within the first year of matching the contract offer.

Most recent high-profile example: the Sabres matching the Oilers offer sheet of Thomas Vanek. The Sabres could not trade Vanek during the 2007-2008 season.

Yeah, you needed to read the post I wrote right after this one. It would have saved you three paragraphs. Thanks, tho'.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran
I did it again, answered a question, only to find out it had been already dealt with after the fact by another member.

Sorry.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star
CockRoche wrote:I did it again, answered a question, only to find out it had been already dealt with after the fact by another member.

Sorry.

S'Ok. Smile

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran
Amazing contract hashed out between the 2 sides. Regin may end up being the deal of the entire NHL point per dollar ratio.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran
rooneypoo wrote:
CockRoche wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Yeah, you needed to read the post I wrote right after this one. It would have saved you three paragraphs. Thanks, tho'.

Haha. Just saw this now. I don't mind writing three paragraphs. It's fun because it makes me remember the CBA and keeps me on my toes.

39Regin signs 2 year deal - avoids arbitration - Page 3 Empty Re: Regin signs 2 year deal - avoids arbitration on Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:21 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
That's about $200K less than I thought, so an excellent signing. Will he be UFA at the end of the term, though?

P.S. After a week in a cottage with no internet, I'm now online, again. Yay!

40Regin signs 2 year deal - avoids arbitration - Page 3 Empty Re: Regin signs 2 year deal - avoids arbitration on Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:00 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
He'll still be an RFA if I am not mistaken.

41Regin signs 2 year deal - avoids arbitration - Page 3 Empty Re: Regin signs 2 year deal - avoids arbitration on Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:43 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
That's right, an RFA and the Sens have arb. rights this time.

42Regin signs 2 year deal - avoids arbitration - Page 3 Empty Re: Regin signs 2 year deal - avoids arbitration on Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:46 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
lol I posted this response in the wrong thread:

Welcome back Prager, this is what I am basing my RFA status for him on:

Dash wrote:He signed his ELC in 2008-09, which would have made him 22 as of Aug. 15, 2008, making him eligible for Group 2 Free Agency (which he just re-signed as). So the next group is Group 3, which states either 7 accrued seasons or of 27 years of age, neither of which will apply to Regin.

43Regin signs 2 year deal - avoids arbitration - Page 3 Empty Re: Regin signs 2 year deal - avoids arbitration on Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:08 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Dash wrote:lol I posted this response in the wrong thread:

Dash wrote:He signed his ELC in 2008-09, which would have made him 22 as of Aug. 15, 2008, making him eligible for Group 2 Free Agency (which he just re-signed as). So the next group is Group 3, which states either 7 accrued seasons or of 27 years of age, neither of which will apply to Regin.

Isn't he 24 now? Maybe turning 25 soon, which will make him 27 shortly after his 2 year deal expires. I'm not sure of exact dates (and we're about to hop on a boat for a picnic on some island) but my gut tells me it's a 2 year deal because the third would have cost a lot more.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
fantastic.... this couldn't have gone better for us. and still an RFA! Ahhhhh!

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:
Dash wrote:lol I posted this response in the wrong thread:

Isn't he 24 now? Maybe turning 25 soon, which will make him 27 shortly after his 2 year deal expires. I'm not sure of exact dates (and we're about to hop on a boat for a picnic on some island) but my gut tells me it's a 2 year deal because the third would have cost a lot more.

TUrned 24 last April.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum