rumours "du jour"

Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 8461
    Registration date : 2009-06-22

Re: rumours "du jour"

Post by Hoff-Machine on Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:19 pm

stempniaksen wrote:I love Andy Sutton, but I'm hoping for a player with more impact than that, haha.

Really I just want a big, physical center who consistently puts up points, is that too much to ask for? Haha.

Nice. This is where the sens have a big opportunity come trade season to land Brad Richards. We'd almost certainly have to trade our own 1st, and maybe Weircioch/Rundblad (I'd hate that but...) + cap dump. However, the idea of a Spezza/Richards 1-2 punch is waaay more enticing to me than Spezza/Savard. And with alot of cap space coming in the off-season, there's an excellent chance of re-signing him again.

Oglethorpe
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 1883
    Registration date : 2010-08-31

Post by Oglethorpe on Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:07 pm

two words....bobby ryan.

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20942
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:10 pm

Michallica wrote:Vokoun would be a disappointment, though it would be easier to get him than Savard (in terms of player turnover). I think most on this site would much rather get savard than vokoun.

Here's my question: since its a weak draft coming up, would you trade the 2011 1st rounder for Marc Savard if it meant he'd be a senator?

People say this EVERY year. Once we get close to the draft, it will look a lot better because people will be more aware of the prospects in the draft. People said that last year, but it was still at least a solid first round.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54589
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:13 pm

This is the guy who 'broke' the fake Spezza signing, but I'll admit, he's right a lot - and he seems quite excited.

Sounds like Savard or Vokoun to me - if he's not full of Dung this time (I doubt he is).
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:14 pm

Oglethorpe wrote:two words....bobby ryan.

For who though? Anaheim would have to blown across the room and they're short on D...Cowen + Foligno for Ryan?

Does that make sense? Maybe it does actually.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:17 pm

If we did get Vokoun, you'd see a LOT more people give this team respect. I only want him though if it's guaranteed that he would re-sign with us (there would be room when Kovalev and Leclaire are off the books next year).
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:19 pm

Big Ev wrote:If we did get Vokoun, you'd see a LOT more people give this team respect. I only want him though if it's guaranteed that he would re-sign with us (there would be room when Kovalev and Leclaire are off the books next year).

I think it's Savard, I can't get away from that. That's what this team need - unless there's a sniper around, that's the troubling part, what we really need is a 40 goal guy. But I still can't help feeling it's Savard. Vokoun makes sense as well because Florida doesn't need him, but I feel as if that wouldn't be a 'soft' trade at all - rather a very costly one.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 13250
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:41 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
    Big Ev wrote:If we did get Vokoun, you'd see a LOT more people give this team respect. I only want him though if it's guaranteed that he would re-sign with us (there would be room when Kovalev and Leclaire are off the books next year).

I think it's Savard, I can't get away from that. That's what this team need - unless there's a sniper around, that's the troubling part, what we really need is a 40 goal guy. But I still can't help feeling it's Savard. Vokoun makes sense as well because Florida doesn't need him, but I feel as if that wouldn't be a 'soft' trade at all - rather a very costly one.
    i feel it, i wish it i dream it.... it's got to be. maybe Boston has found a third team to dance with us...? they've got to be somewhat desperate to have their books in order.
    i feel that if we make room on the team it's either kuba but possibly kovalev.
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12030
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Post by LeCaptain on Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:55 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:

For who though? Anaheim would have to blown across the room and they're short on D...Cowen + Foligno for Ryan?

two words... cap space

BUT this would make it work:

- Kuba, Regin and Wiercioch
    PKC
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 5817
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Post by PKC on Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:19 pm

I don't think Savard is the one to make us an instant contender. And unless Leclaire is going the other way in a trade for a goaltender, I don't see how we can trade for one.

Which leads me to believe that the Sens are in the hunt for a big time sniper. Could it be Jeff Carter? The Sens have had their eye on him for a long, long time. And the Flyers have been rumored to be looking to move one of Briere or Carter for another piece.

God it's so tantalizing. It could be anyone. If this guy is Cussing around with us again, I'm gonna track his IP address and organize a public lynching.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:29 pm

you know the thing that ticks me off is i'm going to come home everyday from work and rush to my computer excitingly to see if anything's moved.... Dammit!
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:49 pm

marakh wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:

two words... cap space

I think it would still take more than that, like a proven NHL forward (so not Regin).
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:50 pm

PKC wrote:I don't think Savard is the one to make us an instant contender. And unless Leclaire is going the other way in a trade for a goaltender, I don't see how we can trade for one.

Which leads me to believe that the Sens are in the hunt for a big time sniper. Could it be Jeff Carter? The Sens have had their eye on him for a long, long time. And the Flyers have been rumored to be looking to move one of Briere or Carter for another piece.

God it's so tantalizing. It could be anyone. If this guy is Cussing around with us again, I'm gonna track his IP address and organize a public lynching.

I agree. The fact is, our D and goaltending would still not be good enough to consider us a contender.
    PKC
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by PKC on Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:54 pm

Big Ev wrote:
    marakh wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:

two words... cap space

I think it would still take more than that, like a proven NHL forward (so not Regin).

Also, I don't think gutting our depth and youth makes us an instant contender. Even if it is Bobby Ryan coming the other way. Plus, he's got very little playoff experience. So, he can't be the one to put us over the top.
    PKC
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by PKC on Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:57 pm

Big Ev wrote:
    PKC wrote:I don't think Savard is the one to make us an instant contender. And unless Leclaire is going the other way in a trade for a goaltender, I don't see how we can trade for one.

I agree. The fact is, our D and goaltending would still not be good enough to consider us a contender.

I don't think that argument really works simply for the fact that the Eastern Conference, unlike the Western conference, is up for grabs. There really isn't a team in the East that stands out as the conference winner. Washington is unproven and didn't make enough adjustments to go far in the playoffs, Philly has shoddy goaltending, Pittsburgh has no offensive depth, New Jersey isn't threatening anymore, Montreal doesn't even have their goaltending situation figured out yet, etc.

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:59 pm

PKC wrote:
    Big Ev wrote:
    marakh wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:

two words... cap space

Also, I don't think gutting our depth and youth makes us an instant contender. Even if it is Bobby Ryan coming the other way. Plus, he's got very little playoff experience. So, he can't be the one to put us over the top.

so who is it? my guess is vokoun. or it could very well be penner or cogliano? or maybe this weber trade is finally coming to fruition? it really could be anyone at this point. is it possible that ek-fraud is reporting this too?

"Antti Niemi is down to 2 teams, one of which is in the East.

In other news, I am hearing a contending team is about to make a major upgrade as well that will be announced tonight or tomorrow.

More to come. "
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:04 pm

bobby ryan to ottawa would knock my socks off. i'd rather keep regin to be honest... kuba-foligno and a 1st?
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:06 pm

personaly i would bet there is no goalies involved. ottawa has gone out of it's way to make sure leclaire has a good season next year. having gone and hired his past trainer and all. so look elsewhere then the goalie position.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:52 pm