EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread

    Share

    Pontus90
    Prospect
    Prospect

    Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2010-09-06

    Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread

    Post by Pontus90 on Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:55 am

    Big Ev wrote:
    Pontus90 wrote:Do this players have their real faces in the game:

    Ryan?
    Colin Wilson?
    Keith?
    Suter?
    Samuelsson?
    Hjalmarsson?
    Landeskog?
    Sobotka?
    Ryan Ellis?

    Get the game.

    But the game launches 16th september here in europe so i can't buy it yet!

    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47790
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread

    Post by wprager on Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:15 am

    DownGoesBrown does a great writeup:
    http://sports.nationalpost.com/2010/09/07/the-down-goes-brown-nhl-11-review/

    Here are a couple of quotes:


    • The game includes an improved breakaway and shootout system that promises to completely revolutionize the way you randomly swing your stick back and forth before skating into the goalie without even getting a shot off.
    • Negotiating long-term deals with free agents is so realistic that the game kept interrupting me with empty threats about voiding contracts I signed while playing NHL 10.

    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47790
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread

    Post by wprager on Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:16 am

    ...another one:

    • The game features a fully customizable sound system with a slider for each element of background noise. For example, you can slide the music from “high” to “low”, the crowd noise from “loud” to “silent”, and Pierre McGuire from “excruciatingly loud” to “Oh, good lord, even when I turn off the game I can still hear him in my nightmares”.
    avatar
    SensGirl11
    Mod
    Mod

    Number of posts : 5050
    Age : 36
    Location : GO SENS!
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-13

    Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread

    Post by SensGirl11 on Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:26 am

    wprager wrote:...another one:

    • The game features a fully customizable sound system with a slider for each element of background noise. For example, you can slide the music from “high” to “low”, the crowd noise from “loud” to “silent”, and Pierre McGuire from “excruciatingly loud” to “Oh, good lord, even when I turn off the game I can still hear him in my nightmares”.

    Greatness!

    Leo
    Prospect
    Prospect

    Number of posts : 2
    Age : 21
    Location : Sweden
    Favorite Team : Detroit
    Registration date : 2010-09-08

    Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread

    Post by Leo on Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:22 am

    I pre-ordered this game but i probarly wont get until the 16th 'cause that is the release date in sweden Rolling Eyes So could you please take a picture of Djurgårdens IF's jerseys? (Swedish Elitserien) Wink
    avatar
    PKC
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 5817
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread

    Post by PKC on Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:14 pm

    Pontus90 wrote:
    Big Ev wrote:
    Pontus90 wrote:Do this players have their real faces in the game:

    Ryan?
    Colin Wilson?
    Keith?
    Suter?
    Samuelsson?
    Hjalmarsson?
    Landeskog?
    Sobotka?
    Ryan Ellis?

    Get the game.

    But the game launches 16th september here in europe so i can't buy it yet!

    I don't think Nashville is in Europe.
    avatar
    sens4win
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 1498
    Age : 24
    Location : London
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-01-03

    Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread

    Post by sens4win on Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:17 pm

    Leo wrote:I pre-ordered this game but i probarly wont get until the 16th 'cause that is the release date in sweden Rolling Eyes So could you please take a picture of Djurgårdens IF's jerseys? (Swedish Elitserien) Wink
    The third 14 year old this week, seems as though we have opened up to a new market of youth, even younger then myself.

    Pontus90
    Prospect
    Prospect

    Number of posts : 4
    Age : 27
    Location : Nashville
    Favorite Team : Nashville
    Registration date : 2010-09-06

    Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread

    Post by Pontus90 on Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:40 am

    PKC wrote:
    Pontus90 wrote:
    Big Ev wrote:
    Pontus90 wrote:Do this players have their real faces in the game:

    Ryan?
    Colin Wilson?
    Keith?
    Suter?
    Samuelsson?
    Hjalmarsson?
    Landeskog?
    Sobotka?
    Ryan Ellis?

    Get the game.

    But the game launches 16th september here in europe so i can't buy it yet!

    I don't think Nashville is in Europe.

    Get a life..
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20805
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread

    Post by Ev on Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:51 am

    Pontus90 wrote:
    PKC wrote:
    Pontus90 wrote:
    Big Ev wrote:
    Pontus90 wrote:Do this players have their real faces in the game:

    Ryan?
    Colin Wilson?
    Keith?
    Suter?
    Samuelsson?
    Hjalmarsson?
    Landeskog?
    Sobotka?
    Ryan Ellis?

    Get the game.

    But the game launches 16th september here in europe so i can't buy it yet!

    I don't think Nashville is in Europe.

    Get a life..

    You lie about your location...and then you tell HIM to get a life? That's just messed up.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread

    Post by Guest on Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:52 am

    wprager wrote:DownGoesBrown does a great writeup:
    http://sports.nationalpost.com/2010/09/07/the-down-goes-brown-nhl-11-review/

    Here are a couple of quotes:


    • The game includes an improved breakaway and shootout system that promises to completely revolutionize the way you randomly swing your stick back and forth before skating into the goalie without even getting a shot off.
    • Negotiating long-term deals with free agents is so realistic that the game kept interrupting me with empty threats about voiding contracts I signed while playing NHL 10.

    this guys hilarious... and he writes for the post.. what gives?

    "Unfortunately, it looks like the game’s graphic design team got a little lazy when it came to player models. I was playing a game against the Canucks, and two-thirds of their top line looked exactly the same."
    avatar
    TheAvatar
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 2728
    Age : 50
    Location : Colorado springs, colorado
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread

    Post by TheAvatar on Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:00 pm

    Big Ev wrote:
    Pontus90 wrote:Do this players have their real faces in the game:

    Ryan?
    Colin Wilson?
    Keith?
    Suter?
    Samuelsson?
    Hjalmarsson?
    Landeskog?
    Sobotka?
    Ryan Ellis?

    Get the game.

    This wasn't called for.

    Leo
    Prospect
    Prospect

    Number of posts : 2
    Age : 21
    Location : Sweden
    Favorite Team : Detroit
    Registration date : 2010-09-08

    Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread

    Post by Leo on Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:40 pm

    sens4win wrote:
    Leo wrote:I pre-ordered this game but i probarly wont get until the 16th 'cause that is the release date in sweden Rolling Eyes So could you please take a picture of Djurgårdens IF's jerseys? (Swedish Elitserien) Wink
    The third 14 year old this week, seems as though we have opened up to a new market of youth, even younger then myself.
    Yeah im quite young but you aren't really much older Wink
    avatar
    garblar
    Rookie
    Rookie

    Number of posts : 239
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-04-20

    Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread

    Post by garblar on Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:54 pm

    DirtyDave wrote:
    wprager wrote:DownGoesBrown does a great writeup:
    http://sports.nationalpost.com/2010/09/07/the-down-goes-brown-nhl-11-review/

    Here are a couple of quotes:


    • The game includes an improved breakaway and shootout system that promises to completely revolutionize the way you randomly swing your stick back and forth before skating into the goalie without even getting a shot off.
    • Negotiating long-term deals with free agents is so realistic that the game kept interrupting me with empty threats about voiding contracts I signed while playing NHL 10.

    for sure dgb is a funny guy. he just started writing for the post. that nhl 11 review isnt even close to his funniest posts

    this guys hilarious... and he writes for the post.. what gives?

    "Unfortunately, it looks like the game’s graphic design team got a little lazy when it came to player models. I was playing a game against the Canucks, and two-thirds of their top line looked exactly the same."
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20805
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread

    Post by Ev on Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:37 pm

    TheAvatar wrote:
    Big Ev wrote:
    Pontus90 wrote:Do this players have their real faces in the game:

    Ryan?
    Colin Wilson?
    Keith?
    Suter?
    Samuelsson?
    Hjalmarsson?
    Landeskog?
    Sobotka?
    Ryan Ellis?

    Get the game.

    This wasn't called for.

    Yes it was. Dash said he was done giving out ratings and such, so if this person really wants the ratings he can go buy the game.
    avatar
    garblar
    Rookie
    Rookie

    Number of posts : 239
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-04-20

    Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread

    Post by garblar on Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:32 pm

    anyone really into the HUT? i played a few games, not my thing. ive got some decent players i can toss to you if you want.

    dont ask if you arent a regular here
    avatar
    TheAvatar
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 2728
    Age : 50
    Location : Colorado springs, colorado
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread

    Post by TheAvatar on Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:38 pm

    Big Ev wrote:
    TheAvatar wrote:
    Big Ev wrote:
    Pontus90 wrote:Do this players have their real faces in the game:

    Ryan?
    Colin Wilson?
    Keith?
    Suter?
    Samuelsson?
    Hjalmarsson?
    Landeskog?
    Sobotka?
    Ryan Ellis?

    Get the game.

    This wasn't called for.

    Yes it was. Dash said he was done giving out ratings and such, so if this person really wants the ratings he can go buy the game.

    He wasn't asking for the ratings. Don't be a donkey
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20805
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread

    Post by Ev on Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:06 pm

    TheAvatar wrote:
    Big Ev wrote:
    TheAvatar wrote:
    Big Ev wrote:
    Pontus90 wrote:Do this players have their real faces in the game:

    Ryan?
    Colin Wilson?
    Keith?
    Suter?
    Samuelsson?
    Hjalmarsson?
    Landeskog?
    Sobotka?
    Ryan Ellis?

    Get the game.

    This wasn't called for.

    Yes it was. Dash said he was done giving out ratings and such, so if this person really wants the ratings he can go buy the game.

    He wasn't asking for the ratings. Don't be a donkey

    My bad, but asking what heir faces look like is even worse! Laugh1 Don't call me a donkey when this guy just told somebody to get a life.
    avatar
    Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 11867
    Age : 33
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread

    Post by Riprock on Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:00 pm

    garblar wrote:anyone really into the HUT? i played a few games, not my thing. ive got some decent players i can toss to you if you want.

    dont ask if you arent a regular here

    I'm addicted to it. If you really want to, I will gladly take your players... though if they are free players, meaning you got them with free packs, then you cant trade them.

    Sponsored content

    Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:05 pm