EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 17]

46 Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread on Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:56 pm

Henderson33

Prospect
Prospect
Dash wrote:P.S. Scott Glennie is a 71 OVR, potential B,B,B-

Thats surprising to me. I thought he would be a sixty something especially after seeing Wandell only having a 69.

What was his speed? I hear that's his biggest/best quality.

47 Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread on Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:Off on a tangent here, but what can anyone say about Slapshot (pushed by Gretzky)? I'm *very* surprised that they are pushing a Wii game for the same price (which is substantial in itself) as NHL-10 for the PS3 and X-Box. There's just no comparing the two platforms and the price of the games used to reflect that.

What's up with this particular game? Is it hype, hope or is it really that good?

To me, only from having seen screenshots and video, it looks cartoony. It's definitely a family game due to it's ease and pick up and play ability, whereas NHL 11 is a more difficult and advanced control to learn. It's mroe simulation whereas Slapshot is arcade.

Price is likely due to licensing for Gretzky. Costs $$$ to have a guy like that as your franchise.

48 Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread on Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:10 pm

stempniaksen

Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:Off on a tangent here, but what can anyone say about Slapshot (pushed by Gretzky)? I'm *very* surprised that they are pushing a Wii game for the same price (which is substantial in itself) as NHL-10 for the PS3 and X-Box. There's just no comparing the two platforms and the price of the games used to reflect that.

What's up with this particular game? Is it hype, hope or is it really that good?

You get the new "hockey-stick" controller which adds to the price. I think the game on it's own is a bit cheaper.

49 Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread on Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:14 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star
Henderson33 wrote:
Dash wrote:P.S. Scott Glennie is a 71 OVR, potential B,B,B-

Thats surprising to me. I thought he would be a sixty something especially after seeing Wandell only having a 69.

What was his speed? I hear that's his biggest/best quality.

50 Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread on Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:19 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star
jeremyn wrote:Thanks for doing this Dash. Kinda weird how EA is locking everything giving info out.

Anyways, I had a small request. How is Create A Pro this year? Are there more options for faces to choose from?

Can you post a few screens?

Also, is BAP any different from last year?

BAP looks the same to me... honestly I rarely played it last year and haven't really looked at it this year.

51 Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread on Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:56 pm

canucklehead96

Prospect
Prospect
Hey, please could you post the Kamloops Blazers player ratings plzzzz and meaybe a pic or two?

52 Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread on Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:00 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Wow people joined gmhockey just to get NHL 11 player ratings. Not that it's a problem Smile

Last edited by Big Ev on Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

53 Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread on Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:02 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star
EA attempted to threaten people who purchased HUT packs prior to release that they would lose everything once the servers reset. Not my fault I got the game early, is it? So I contacted Xbox Live and informed them of the situation with the EA idle threats, and they looked at my purchase history and told me that I would be able to redownload the purchased items. So screw you EA. The point is, the content was made available for purchase, and they cannot take MSP from users in exchange for nothing. That is theft.

54 Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread on Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:13 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star
canucklehead96 wrote:Hey, please could you post the Kamloops Blazers player ratings plzzzz and meaybe a pic or two?

Ranford 66
Stretch 65
Madaisky 65Schaber 64
Funk 64
Caron 64
Mucha 64
Maschmeyer 62
Saip 62
Hansen 62
Bortnak 61
Smith 61
Depape 60
Willick 60
Hall 60
Trask 59
Groenheyde 58
Underwood 58
Bene 57
Lipon 57
Hanes 56
Dieno 55

55 Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread on Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:27 pm

jeremyn

Prospect
Prospect
Dash wrote:
jeremyn wrote:Thanks for doing this Dash. Kinda weird how EA is locking everything giving info out.

Anyways, I had a small request. How is Create A Pro this year? Are there more options for faces to choose from?

Can you post a few screens?

Also, is BAP any different from last year?

BAP looks the same to me... honestly I rarely played it last year and haven't really looked at it this year.

Thanks Dash!

It's too bad BAP/CAP are essentially the same as last year, although, I have a feeling I won't be playing nearly as much BAP. I think my focus this year will be EAHUL and EASHL, with some Be a GM on the side.

56 Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread on Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:30 pm

canucklehead96

Prospect
Prospect
Ranford 66
Stretch 65
Madaisky 65Schaber 64
Funk 64
Caron 64
Mucha 64
Maschmeyer 62
Saip 62
Hansen 62
Bortnak 61
Smith 61
Depape 60
Willick 60
Hall 60
Trask 59
Groenheyde 58
Underwood 58
Bene 57
Lipon 57
Hanes 56
Dieno 55

thanks man

57 Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread on Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:42 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
stempniaksen wrote:

You get the new "hockey-stick" controller which adds to the price. I think the game on it's own is a bit cheaper.

The stick is just the holder, isn't it? You supply the controller; the holder is a piece of plastic.

58 Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread on Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:45 pm

MS1316

Prospect
Prospect
I was wondering if I could maybe get the ratings got 10 players, your big list was a huge help but I wanted a few more.

Radek Bonk
Joe Colborne
Colton Gillies
Zach Kassian
Oliver Ekman-Larsson
Brandon Gormley
Thomas Hickey
Colton Teubert
Matt Lashoff
Evgeni Nabokov

Thanks a lot man, if you don't have the time to answer me, don't worry about it, but if you do, great work.

On a side note, is everyone on this site an Ottawa fan. Razz

59 Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread on Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:57 pm

canucklehead96

Prospect
Prospect
in Be a Gm is the draft changed at all and is there a july 1rst mini game?

60 Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread on Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:09 pm

Henderson33

Prospect
Prospect
MS1316 wrote:On a side note, is everyone on this site an Ottawa fan. Razz

I thought the exact same thing, lol

61 Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread on Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:17 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Henderson33 wrote:

Our intentions were to have fans of all the teams here, but it always happened that Sens talk etc. took over due to lack of members who were fans of other teams. We talk about other teams' moves etc., but unfortunately for now this is mainly a Sens site.

That can be changed at any time with but a few members though.

62 Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread on Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:20 pm

The Silfer Server

Veteran
Veteran
Henderson33 wrote:

The greater majority is. It was started by 3 Sens fans. They offered an alternative to the repetitive "I think I know everything but really I don't even understand the offsides rule" posters found at many other boards. I myself used to frequent HockeyBuzz boards, but was told about this website, and have not looked back since. Others were posters from HFBoards, or Senschirp.

Although we are mostly Sens fans, we do pride ourselves on being open minded and trying to be as informed and impartial as possible. We all love hockey, and love discussing it. We have posters from all across Canada, and a couple international ones too (Brazil, South Korea, etc...).

So welcome aboard.

63 Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread on Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:21 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum