You are not connected. Please login or register

» The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » What Hockey Forecast/Mags do you read?

What Hockey Forecast/Mags do you read?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16What Hockey Forecast/Mags do you read? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Hockey Forecast/Mags do you read? on Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:19 am

The Silfer Server

Veteran
Veteran
SpezDispenser wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:I usually buy whatever I can get my hands on since I am usually so starved for anything hockey related. I have bought so far this year just the hockey news Fantasy pool guide, but haven't been to a magazine store in a while. I'm a big fan of The Score one, they always surprise me with their analysis, as in how good it is. I find they also offer the least redundancy.

I've never bought Dobber's. Is that magazine format or strictly online?

Yeah, I was really surprised at how good The Score one is. I picked it up this year not remembering if I liked it last year and I was most pleasantly surprised.

I just picked up McKeen's as per your praise of it, and it's a superb magazine as well. I really, really like it. I think next year I'll stick to just that one and the Forecaster. Kind of wish I had those two for the draft.

17What Hockey Forecast/Mags do you read? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Hockey Forecast/Mags do you read? on Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:31 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Bass Destruction wrote:
I just picked up McKeen's as per your praise of it, and it's a superb magazine as well. I really, really like it. I think next year I'll stick to just that one and the Forecaster. Kind of wish I had those two for the draft.

Yeah, I'm thinking that those two were the best. I was a little disappointed that McKeen's only had 4 prospects ranked per team (Cowen, 3.5 out of 5, Wiercioch 3 out of 5, Petersson 3 out of 5 and someone else). I was hoping they'd have more like 20 of them.

18What Hockey Forecast/Mags do you read? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Hockey Forecast/Mags do you read? on Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:32 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
The big disappointments this year was The Sporting News was a joke, the Hockey News was shockingly weak.

The big surprises were The Score one and the Pooler's Guide. Both excellent.

19What Hockey Forecast/Mags do you read? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Hockey Forecast/Mags do you read? on Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:39 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:

Yeah, I'm thinking that those two were the best. I was a little disappointed that McKeen's only had 4 prospects ranked per team (Cowen, 3.5 out of 5, Wiercioch 3 out of 5, Petersson 3 out of 5 and someone else). I was hoping they'd have more like 20 of them.

The only problem with McKeen's is their point projections. I believe they predict Daniel Sedin to win the Art Ross with 100 some points, and they predict Kopitar to finish with more points than Crosby Facepalm

20What Hockey Forecast/Mags do you read? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Hockey Forecast/Mags do you read? on Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:11 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Big Ev wrote:
The only problem with McKeen's is their point projections. I believe they predict Daniel Sedin to win the Art Ross with 100 some points, and they predict Kopitar to finish with more points than Crosby Facepalm

Yeah, their predictions are.....off.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum