GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 67]

PKC


All-Star
All-Star
Here we go, let the rumor mill kick in to full gear folks:

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=333711

PTFlea


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Rumour mill? Didn't they waive him already? Just waive again and then send him to Springfield.

PKC


All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:Rumour mill? Didn't they waive him already? Just waive again and then send him to Springfield.

They must have money growing on trees in Springfield if the Oilers can afford to pay him $4.5 million to not play for them next year.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
PKC wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Rumour mill? Didn't they waive him already? Just waive again and then send him to Springfield.

They must have money growing on trees in Springfield if the Oilers can afford to pay him $4.5 million to not play for them next year.

It sounds as if they'll pay him to stay away period. McKenzie was saying that if they didn't want him around the NHL club, then they certainly don't want him around the kids in Springfield.

Re-entry and if no one claims, possibly he gets paid to stay home? Weird scenario - if he goes on re-entry, I could see a ton of teams wanting him for 2.25 mil. I don't like his character, but for that price...you have to I realize. Sharks...TB...Phoenix...tons I tell ya.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Rumour mill? Didn't they waive him already? Just waive again and then send him to Springfield.

They must have money growing on trees in Springfield if the Oilers can afford to pay him $4.5 million to not play for them next year.

It sounds as if they'll pay him to stay away period. McKenzie was saying that if they didn't want him around the NHL club, then they certainly don't want him around the kids in Springfield.

Re-entry and if no one claims, possibly he gets paid to stay home? Weird scenario - if he goes on re-entry, I could see a ton of teams wanting him for 2.25 mil. I don't like his character, but for that price...you have to I realize. Sharks...TB...Phoenix...tons I tell ya.

I think Ottawa could be interested at that price.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Absolutely.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
meh.... i'd rather not... let some other team have him sit on litr comes half way point.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:meh.... i'd rather not... let some other team have him sit on litr comes half way point.

Until then though, Gonchar, Karlsson, Kuba and Souray would be the most fearsome foursome in the league.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Columbus might be waiting for re-entry apparently.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:Columbus might be waiting for re-entry apparently.

Cheap bastards.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:meh.... i'd rather not... let some other team have him sit on litr comes half way point.

Until then though, Gonchar, Karlsson, Kuba and Souray would be the most fearsome foursome in the league.

That would be the best point-producing foursome in the league, without question.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran
PKC wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Rumour mill? Didn't they waive him already? Just waive again and then send him to Springfield.

They must have money growing on trees in Springfield if the Oilers can afford to pay him $4.5 million to not play for them next year.

It sounds as if they'll pay him to stay away period. McKenzie was saying that if they didn't want him around the NHL club, then they certainly don't want him around the kids in Springfield.

Re-entry and if no one claims, possibly he gets paid to stay home? Weird scenario - if he goes on re-entry, I could see a ton of teams wanting him for 2.25 mil. I don't like his character, but for that price...you have to I realize. Sharks...TB...Phoenix...tons I tell ya.

I think Ottawa could be interested at that price.

Is it half his cap hit as well? If so then I would definitely do it. But I think there would be a lot of teams before us on the pecking order that would do it first.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Now it's finally official, 5 years, 5.1 million per year for Booby Ryan.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:Now it's finally official, 5 years, 5.1 million per year for Booby Ryan.

Interesting. If he wanted that much as an RFA, what's he gonna ask for when he reaches UFA?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PKC wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Now it's finally official, 5 years, 5.1 million per year for Booby Ryan.

Interesting. If he wanted that much as an RFA, what's he gonna ask for when he reaches UFA?

Eleventy Zillion per half-season.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
can we officially debunk the whole 'something big is about to go down in ottawa and should be done before training camp' as BS? unless that guy was speaking of the All star game, which doesn't garner any points in my books

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:Now it's finally official, 5 years, 5.1 million per year for Booby Ryan.

There must be some epic Burke tears flowing into Lake Ontario.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Now it's finally official, 5 years, 5.1 million per year for Booby Ryan.

There must be some epic Burke tears flowing into Lake Ontario.

Probably not. This is how he planned it. He's a Genius, after all.

By the way, Pete McGuire predicts a big splash by Jurke prior to training camp and also that Toronto is on even footing with Ottawa in terms of being in the "7 to 10" group in the East.

more to come...

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum