GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 67]

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star
can we officially debunk the whole 'something big is about to go down in ottawa and should be done before training camp' as BS? unless that guy was speaking of the All star game, which doesn't garner any points in my books

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:Now it's finally official, 5 years, 5.1 million per year for Booby Ryan.

There must be some epic Burke tears flowing into Lake Ontario.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Now it's finally official, 5 years, 5.1 million per year for Booby Ryan.

Probably not. This is how he planned it. He's a Genius, after all.

By the way, Pete McGuire predicts a big splash by Jurke prior to training camp and also that Toronto is on even footing with Ottawa in terms of being in the "7 to 10" group in the East.

more to come...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Hoags wrote:

By the way, Pete McGuire predicts a big splash by Jurke prior to training camp and also that Toronto is on even footing with Ottawa in terms of being in the "7 to 10" group in the East.

more to come...

Sure they will. How's that, trade their only good puck mover?

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star
Michallica wrote:can we officially debunk the whole 'something big is about to go down in ottawa and should be done before training camp' as BS? unless that guy was speaking of the All star game, which doesn't garner any points in my books

Who was it again that called all this talk trash from the get-go? This guy, that's who. Razz

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Hoags wrote:

more to come...

It's amazing how everyone from the organization to the media to the fans can sell themselves the same story every year. What has this team done to improve? Add a fading goalie in Giguere, a seriously declining asset in Phaneuf, and Versteeg; as well as a bunch of bottom sixers and 5/6 Dmen in MacArthur, Armstrong, Lebda, and Lashoff.

Who's their top 6 again? Oh yeah, now I remember: Kessel, Versteeg, Bozak, Kadri (?) or MacArthur, Kulemin, and Grabovski. Pretty much the exact same thing as Spezza, Alfie, Kovalev, Fisher, Michalek, and Regin, when you think about it, really.

LOL -- TOR is almost $6 mil over the cap when you include bonuses. How is that even possible?!?

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
its because the folks at TSN always have some blood rushing to an organ when the name 'Brian Burke' is even thought of....Pierre McGuire concurs

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star
rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Hoags wrote:

more to come...

It's amazing how everyone from the organization to the media to the fans can sell themselves the same story every year. What has this team done to improve? Add a fading goalie in Giguere, a seriously declining asset in Phaneuf, and Versteeg; as well as a bunch of bottom sixers and 5/6 Dmen in MacArthur, Armstrong, Lebda, and Lashoff.

Who's their top 6 again? Oh yeah, now I remember: Kessel, Versteeg, Bozak, Kadri (?) or MacArthur, Kulemin, and Grabovski. Pretty much the exact same thing as Spezza, Alfie, Kovalev, Fisher, Michalek, and Regin, when you think about it, really.

LOL -- TOR is almost $6 mil over the cap when you include bonuses. How is that even possible?!?

Truculence.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
All-Star game is a huge deal for the Sens, Melnyk, and the city of Ottawa. It's an honour to host the festivities, and the players are there participating for free, so all the money goes right into the Sens pockets. There's going to be a massive draw from Toronto and Montreal fans, and fans from elsewhere too. The only downside will be the likelihood there won't be a home-team representation at the games. It is by voting anyways, and unless all of Ottawa and Sens fans worldwide vote numerous times for Alfie or whomever, then it could be disappointing.

Also, pretty sure there will be limited to no tickets available for non-season ticket holders, and suite holders. And they won't be cheap.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
Dash wrote:All-Star game is a huge deal for the Sens, Melnyk, and the city of Ottawa. It's an honour to host the festivities, and the players are there participating for free, so all the money goes right into the Sens pockets. There's going to be a massive draw from Toronto and Montreal fans, and fans from elsewhere too. The only downside will be the likelihood there won't be a home-team representation at the games. It is by voting anyways, and unless all of Ottawa and Sens fans worldwide vote numerous times for Alfie or whomever, then it could be disappointing.

Also, pretty sure there will be limited to no tickets available for non-season ticket holders, and suite holders. And they won't be cheap.

do you mean in terms of the starters? Even so its very possible there will be. 2008 ASG had alfredsson voted in as a starter, and the event was in Atlanta. I wouldn't be surprised if him, karlsson, or spezza get voted in as starters. Otherwise, there will be enough representation as reserves.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
I think people's blind hatred for the Leafs takes away from thef act they have a decent team. They added a lot of depth guys, all capable of playing a top 6 role, and who will be competing hard every game to earn that spot. I figure you can get 20 goals from MacArthur and Armstrong, and I think Phaneuf can be a league leading scorer on defence. Grabovski and Kulemin can put up another 20 goals, and then there's the unknowns with Kadri and Bozak.

Komisarek and Beauchemin will need to improve their games, and Kaberle is in a contract year now. Schenn is entering his 3rd and final year of his ELC, so what he does will effect his next contract (or team he plays for).

Giguere is still a Conn Smyth and Stanley Cup winner, and will be in his first full season with Toronto, with Gustavsson behind him.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
Michallica wrote:
Dash wrote:All-Star game is a huge deal for the Sens, Melnyk, and the city of Ottawa. It's an honour to host the festivities, and the players are there participating for free, so all the money goes right into the Sens pockets. There's going to be a massive draw from Toronto and Montreal fans, and fans from elsewhere too. The only downside will be the likelihood there won't be a home-team representation at the games. It is by voting anyways, and unless all of Ottawa and Sens fans worldwide vote numerous times for Alfie or whomever, then it could be disappointing.

do you mean in terms of the starters? Even so its very possible there will be. 2008 ASG had alfredsson voted in as a starter, and the event was in Atlanta. I wouldn't be surprised if him, karlsson, or spezza get voted in as starters. Otherwise, there will be enough representation as reserves.

2008 was different in terms on Aflie's production, which had a lot to do with why he and Spezza were there. It will be up to the fans, but you can expect Montreal and Toronto fans to push hard for their players.

Just looking at the East, you've got near guaranteed picks like: Stamkos, Richards, Carter, Lecavalier, St. Louis, Savard, Eric Staal, Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Semin, Backstrom, Kovalchuk, Parise, Chara, Markov, Phaneuf, Hedman, and Green.

I think Ottawa should vote in droves for Alfie, Spezza, Phillips and Karlsson. I can see Gonchar being in there too. I am just saying there's a lot of competition, and when it is in the fans hands, the ones that vote the most control the outcome.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

I'm pretty sure only the starters are voted on by the fans, as in the First line of offense, and the top pairing D, as well as the Goalie. Then the rest of the team is done by the NHL. Also, I think every team has at least one player represented, so I don't think we have to worry about that.

And according to Wikipedia, the proceeds of the game actually go to the players' pension fund.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
I did not know that about the money, I assumed that the hosting city would make money off of festivities, gates, parking, concession, etc.

I think you're right about the one team representation. I'd like to see more than one player from Ottawa though, but I suppose there are also negatives about playing an extra game with no stakes.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Dash wrote:I think people's blind hatred for the Leafs takes away from thef act they have a decent team. They added a lot of depth guys, all capable of playing a top 6 role, and who will be competing hard every game to earn that spot. I figure you can get 20 goals from MacArthur and Armstrong, and I think Phaneuf can be a league leading scorer on defence. Grabovski and Kulemin can put up another 20 goals, and then there's the unknowns with Kadri and Bozak.

Komisarek and Beauchemin will need to improve their games, and Kaberle is in a contract year now. Schenn is entering his 3rd and final year of his ELC, so what he does will effect his next contract (or team he plays for).

Giguere is still a Conn Smyth and Stanley Cup winner, and will be in his first full season with Toronto, with Gustavsson behind him.

They have a ton of depth, but I wouldn't accuse any of them of being top 6. They're a grinding, tough, strong team with above average goaltending.

A lot of people think we're gonna walk all over them - and that's not likely. And when we play them, we had better be prepared for some tough, physical matches.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
McGratton invited to the Bruins camp.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Coyotes sign Eric Belanger.

Man, they're downright scary.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Our first Sens Pre season game is a matter of days!!!! Ahhhhh! HappyDance1 Dancing TowelWave

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum