You are not connected. Please login or register

» The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 64 of 67]

Amnesia021

Rookie
Rookie
rooneypoo wrote:

The decision comes down to the same thing -- Heatley (and eating Cheechoo contract in the minors), or Ehrhoff + Michalek.

When SJ traded Ehrhoff, weeks and weeks before they traded for Heatley, they signaled loud and clear what was happening. They moved him specifically to make room for Heatley. No other explanation for that move.

(Cutting the other quotes to save space, megabytes don't grow on trees, is what my granddaddy always used to tell me!)

Could you then also include Manny Malhotra to the equation? and maybe to a lesser extent Niclas Wallin? (maybe not: trade deadline pickup, less comparable to ehrhoff)

The Malhotra part was more of a 1-year replacement to Erhoff, I believe they wanted Jason Demers to be Ehrhoff's long term replacement...

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
rooneypoo wrote:But he foresaw how taking on Heatley cost SJ depth (Michalek and Ehrhoff) and cap space. He didn't do the numbers, for sure, but he saw it all the same -- although, to be fair, it's taken a little longer to happen than he guessed.

And hell yeah, did he ever get ripped for it by some people. There's still one guy on this site we brings up this point to discredit him whenever he can.

I don't recall him getting ripped for that. It's a 7.5 million dollar contract, this guy better be the player to end all players because he's costing you a ton of cap space.

Amnesia021

Rookie
Rookie
So... Owen Nolan wants to stage a comeback, would you sign him to a 1-year 1 million dollar contract?

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran
Absolutely.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hell no, we don't need any more old players. and Nolan is OOOOLD and done.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
The quality of the streaming on NHL Gamecenter Live is just amazing.

Amnesia021

Amnesia021
Rookie
Rookie
Big Ev wrote:Hell no, we don't need any more old players. and Nolan is OOOOLD and done.

I don't know... 16 goals isn't too old and done...

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
Of course, TOronto gets 2 PPs in the last 5 min.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
marakh wrote:Of course, TOronto gets 2 PPs in the last 5 min.
No they didn't....

http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=301021021

Or is that wrong?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I like the idea of a Nolan or a Guerin, but I'd like to see Regin get 20 minutes a night before that.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Stamkos with 2 goals tonight... wow. That's 7 so far.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Stamkos trying to pad his goal totals early with the empty-netter Wink. That's how he tied for the Richard last year!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Geez, this kid is blazing.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:Geez, this kid is blazing.

I remember some laughs when someone picked him 1st overall in a certain pool Sarcasm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
And I still laugh at you haha

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

This kid's unreal. The 2008 draft could be on par with the 2003 draft in a few years.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
PKC wrote:

This kid's unreal. The 2008 draft could be on par with the 2003 draft in a few years.

And at least this time the top 2 picks will probably be the best players from the draft General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 64 54934

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
Big Ev wrote:And I still laugh at you haha

As of today:
Stamkos: 41 pts
Malkin: 18 pts
OVechkin: 18 pts
Crosby: 29 pts

Hey, I'm right til proven wrong right? General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 64 54934

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 64 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum