wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47790
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

A week? A whole week???!

Post by wprager on Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:42 am

I'm not sure I can wait that long. If nothing else, I'll probably forget all the new numbers in the lineup. 18 is Winchester, 45 is Picard, 73 is Ruutu. I just have to keep repeating that like a mantra for 7 days.

OMG, I forgot Kuba. QUICK, what's his number!!!

:D
    smash88
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 1354
    Registration date : 2008-09-26

Re: A week? A whole week???!

Post by smash88 on Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:01 am

wprager wrote:I'm not sure I can wait that long. If nothing else, I'll probably forget all the new numbers in the lineup. 18 is Winchester, 45 is Picard, 73 is Ruutu. I just have to keep repeating that like a mantra for 7 days.

OMG, I forgot Kuba. QUICK, what's his number!!!

:D

Holy.. I totally forgot about that, we don't play until the 11th... Ah man this is gonna be a long week... When does the rest of the league get going??
    COLLAR UP
    Rookie
    Rookie

Number of posts : 268
    Registration date : 2008-09-12

Post by COLLAR UP on Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:03 am

Thursday I think...Oct 9

as for Kuba...17
    Smith...21

a week is def. too long...and then what...another 6 after that...terrible...

although it should give Fishy time to heal that groin...
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Post by shabbs on Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:45 am

I think this was done primarily due to the complaints from Anaheim and LA last season with regards to the effect this trip had on them after they came back. They were pretty bagged from the travel and time zone change etc... Perhaps the leagues is giving the teams some extra time to recuperate from the travel. Do the Rangers, Pens and Lightning have the same type of time off?
    rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 7422
    Registration date : 2008-08-11

Post by rooneypoo on Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:57 am

shabbs wrote:I think this was done primarily due to the complaints from Anaheim and LA last season with regards to the effect this trip had on them after they came back. They were pretty bagged from the travel and time zone change etc... Perhaps the leagues is giving the teams some extra time to recuperate from the travel. Do the Rangers, Pens and Lightning have the same type of time off?

Yep, none of the teams that participated in the Euro games will play until the following Saturday.

It's totally the right call, too. As ANA and LA found out last year, that kind of travel and time-zone change can take a lot out of you. I don't like the lay-off from a fan's perspective, but at an organizational level I totally get why they've built it into the schedule. I was worried that'd our opening 20 games would suffer as a result of the Euro games, but now I'm starting to think it might not be an issue after all.
    smash88
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 1354
    Registration date : 2008-09-26

Post by smash88 on Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:26 pm

rooneypoo wrote:
    shabbs wrote:I think this was done primarily due to the complaints from Anaheim and LA last season with regards to the effect this trip had on them after they came back. They were pretty bagged from the travel and time zone change etc... Perhaps the leagues is giving the teams some extra time to recuperate from the travel. Do the Rangers, Pens and Lightning have the same type of time off?

Yep, none of the teams that participated in the Euro games will play until the following Saturday.

It's totally the right call, too. As ANA and LA found out last year, that kind of travel and time-zone change can take a lot out of you. I don't like the lay-off from a fan's perspective, but at an organizational level I totally get why they've built it into the schedule. I was worried that'd our opening 20 games would suffer as a result of the Euro games, but now I'm starting to think it might not be an issue after all.

Yep, I totally understand why it's being done also, and i'm in 100% aggreance (is that a word? LOL) with it... I'm just glad i'll get to watch some meaningful hockey tonight finally... It's here!!! The wifey won't be too happy... oh well I will! :D
    PKC
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 5817
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Post by PKC on Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:45 pm

Agreement, not aggreance.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47790
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:26 pm

[quote="rooneypoo]Yep, none of the teams that participated in the Euro games will play until the following Saturday.

It's totally the right call, too. As ANA and LA found out last year, that kind of travel and time-zone change can take a lot out of you. I don't like the lay-off from a fan's perspective, but at an organizational level I totally get why they've built it into the schedule. I was worried that'd our opening 20 games would suffer as a result of the Euro games, but now I'm starting to think it might not be an issue after all.[/quote]

Totally the right call is correct ... from the team's point of view. But as a fan I am allowed to Wing Dang Doodle a little.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:03 am