You are not connected. Please login or register

A week? A whole week???!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 A week? A whole week???! on Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:42 am

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
I'm not sure I can wait that long. If nothing else, I'll probably forget all the new numbers in the lineup. 18 is Winchester, 45 is Picard, 73 is Ruutu. I just have to keep repeating that like a mantra for 7 days.

OMG, I forgot Kuba. QUICK, what's his number!!!

:D

2 Re: A week? A whole week???! on Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:01 am

smash88

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:I'm not sure I can wait that long. If nothing else, I'll probably forget all the new numbers in the lineup. 18 is Winchester, 45 is Picard, 73 is Ruutu. I just have to keep repeating that like a mantra for 7 days.

OMG, I forgot Kuba. QUICK, what's his number!!!

:D

Holy.. I totally forgot about that, we don't play until the 11th... Ah man this is gonna be a long week... When does the rest of the league get going??

3 Re: A week? A whole week???! on Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:03 am

COLLAR UP

avatar
Rookie
Rookie
Thursday I think...Oct 9

as for Kuba...17
Smith...21

a week is def. too long...and then what...another 6 after that...terrible...

although it should give Fishy time to heal that groin...

4 Re: A week? A whole week???! on Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:45 am

shabbs

avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think this was done primarily due to the complaints from Anaheim and LA last season with regards to the effect this trip had on them after they came back. They were pretty bagged from the travel and time zone change etc... Perhaps the leagues is giving the teams some extra time to recuperate from the travel. Do the Rangers, Pens and Lightning have the same type of time off?

5 Re: A week? A whole week???! on Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:57 am

rooneypoo

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
shabbs wrote:I think this was done primarily due to the complaints from Anaheim and LA last season with regards to the effect this trip had on them after they came back. They were pretty bagged from the travel and time zone change etc... Perhaps the leagues is giving the teams some extra time to recuperate from the travel. Do the Rangers, Pens and Lightning have the same type of time off?

Yep, none of the teams that participated in the Euro games will play until the following Saturday.

It's totally the right call, too. As ANA and LA found out last year, that kind of travel and time-zone change can take a lot out of you. I don't like the lay-off from a fan's perspective, but at an organizational level I totally get why they've built it into the schedule. I was worried that'd our opening 20 games would suffer as a result of the Euro games, but now I'm starting to think it might not be an issue after all.

6 Re: A week? A whole week???! on Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:26 pm

smash88

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
rooneypoo wrote:
shabbs wrote:I think this was done primarily due to the complaints from Anaheim and LA last season with regards to the effect this trip had on them after they came back. They were pretty bagged from the travel and time zone change etc... Perhaps the leagues is giving the teams some extra time to recuperate from the travel. Do the Rangers, Pens and Lightning have the same type of time off?

Yep, none of the teams that participated in the Euro games will play until the following Saturday.

It's totally the right call, too. As ANA and LA found out last year, that kind of travel and time-zone change can take a lot out of you. I don't like the lay-off from a fan's perspective, but at an organizational level I totally get why they've built it into the schedule. I was worried that'd our opening 20 games would suffer as a result of the Euro games, but now I'm starting to think it might not be an issue after all.

Yep, I totally understand why it's being done also, and i'm in 100% aggreance (is that a word? LOL) with it... I'm just glad i'll get to watch some meaningful hockey tonight finally... It's here!!! The wifey won't be too happy... oh well I will! :D

7 Re: A week? A whole week???! on Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:45 pm

PKC

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Agreement, not aggreance.

8 Re: A week? A whole week???! on Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:26 pm

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
[quote="rooneypoo]Yep, none of the teams that participated in the Euro games will play until the following Saturday.

It's totally the right call, too. As ANA and LA found out last year, that kind of travel and time-zone change can take a lot out of you. I don't like the lay-off from a fan's perspective, but at an organizational level I totally get why they've built it into the schedule. I was worried that'd our opening 20 games would suffer as a result of the Euro games, but now I'm starting to think it might not be an issue after all.[/quote]

Totally the right call is correct ... from the team's point of view. But as a fan I am allowed to Wing Dang Doodle a little.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum