You are not connected. Please login or register

» The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » Devils Field 17 Player Lineup

Devils Field 17 Player Lineup

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31Devils Field 17 Player Lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: Devils Field 17 Player Lineup on Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:09 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
So you can mismanage your cap, dress less than 18 players and just say it's an emergency? That is bogus.

32Devils Field 17 Player Lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: Devils Field 17 Player Lineup on Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:25 pm

PKC

All-Star
All-Star
Cap'n Clutch wrote:So you can mismanage your cap, dress less than 18 players and just say it's an emergency? That is bogus.

They'll pay the consequences during the game to be honest. Dressing 16 skaters isn't doing yourself any favors. What are the guys who are playing the penalty kill going to do if the team takes 2 or 3 penalties in a row? They're shooting themselves in the foot and at some point, I imagine that injury from overplaying will start to take its toll.

33Devils Field 17 Player Lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: Devils Field 17 Player Lineup on Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:28 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
PKC wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:So you can mismanage your cap, dress less than 18 players and just say it's an emergency? That is bogus.

They'll pay the consequences during the game to be honest. Dressing 16 skaters isn't doing yourself any favors. What are the guys who are playing the penalty kill going to do if the team takes 2 or 3 penalties in a row? They're shooting themselves in the foot and at some point, I imagine that injury from overplaying will start to take its toll.
And they'll hear it from the fans too...

34Devils Field 17 Player Lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: Devils Field 17 Player Lineup on Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Instead of quoting all three of you, I definitely agree. Yes, it's bogus if the NHLPA backs off, yes they'll kill themselves playing undermanned and yes, they'll hear it from the fan(s) in Jersey...soon.

35Devils Field 17 Player Lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: Devils Field 17 Player Lineup on Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:44 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:Instead of quoting all three of you, I definitely agree. Yes, it's bogus if the NHLPA backs off, yes they'll kill themselves playing undermanned and yes, they'll hear it from the fan(s) in Jersey...soon.

They've got a back to back at home this weekend, so we'll see how this Dung gets resolved soon enough.

36Devils Field 17 Player Lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: Devils Field 17 Player Lineup on Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:29 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
According to Kypreos... teh Devils have signed Adam Mair.

"#NHL news. Confirmed Adam Mair agreed to terms with #Devils on a 1 year/one-way 515 000 deal. He's becomes NJ's 16 skater Wed vs #Sabres"

Have a cap problem? Sign more players!

Wink

37Devils Field 17 Player Lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: Devils Field 17 Player Lineup on Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:34 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star
shabbs wrote:According to Kypreos... teh Devils have signed Adam Mair.

"#NHL news. Confirmed Adam Mair agreed to terms with #Devils on a 1 year/one-way 515 000 deal. He's becomes NJ's 16 skater Wed vs #Sabres"

Wink

How the hell did they do this? Doesn't this put them over the cap? Or are they using the exception from one of the LTIR to sign him?

38Devils Field 17 Player Lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: Devils Field 17 Player Lineup on Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:41 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I have no idea... they must have done something like that to get the relief.

39Devils Field 17 Player Lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: Devils Field 17 Player Lineup on Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:42 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Rumour is that Rolston may go on the LTIR and provide some cap relief for the Devils. He's got a $5M cap hit.

40Devils Field 17 Player Lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: Devils Field 17 Player Lineup on Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:30 pm

Amnesia021

Amnesia021
Rookie
Rookie
PKC wrote:

Wink

How the hell did they do this? Doesn't this put them over the cap? Or are they using the exception from one of the LTIR to sign him?

They waived Leblond to get the cap space.

41Devils Field 17 Player Lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: Devils Field 17 Player Lineup on Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:24 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Amnesia021 wrote:
PKC wrote:

Wink

There you go.

42Devils Field 17 Player Lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: Devils Field 17 Player Lineup on Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:05 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star
Amnesia021 wrote:
PKC wrote:

Wink

Then I don't understand this move because they replaced the guy with another one who has the exact same cap hit.

43Devils Field 17 Player Lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: Devils Field 17 Player Lineup on Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:08 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran
NHLPA looking into this per TSN.

44Devils Field 17 Player Lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: Devils Field 17 Player Lineup on Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:29 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
PKC wrote:
Amnesia021 wrote:
PKC wrote:

Wink

Then I don't understand this move because they replaced the guy with another one who has the exact same cap hit.

Leblond was suspended, was he not? Not sure what the NHLPA is looking into since a suspended player doesn't get his salary. They are probably looking into the general concern about playing undermanned.

45Devils Field 17 Player Lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: Devils Field 17 Player Lineup on Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:28 am

Amnesia021

Amnesia021
Rookie
Rookie
wprager wrote:
PKC wrote:
Amnesia021 wrote:
PKC wrote:

Wink

Leblond was suspended, was he not? Not sure what the NHLPA is looking into since a suspended player doesn't get his salary. They are probably looking into the general concern about playing undermanned.

I believe he was suspended only one game. The Devils know they need a guy to fill in that 525 slot, but they think Mair will do a better job than Leblond

46Devils Field 17 Player Lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: Devils Field 17 Player Lineup on Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
When asked about the NHLPA's investigation, Brodeur said, "What are they going to do, take away the two points we didn't get (Monday)?"

47Devils Field 17 Player Lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: Devils Field 17 Player Lineup on Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:26 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SpezDispenser wrote:When asked about the NHLPA's investigation, Brodeur said, "What are they going to do, take away the two points we didn't get (Monday)?"

Very funny except perhaps the Devils do win that game if they have a full roster. I look at it in the same way as the league not wanting a bunch of star players to rest up and take games off down the stretch as it affects the competitive balance and the integrity of the league and it's results.

- Unknown Author

48Devils Field 17 Player Lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: Devils Field 17 Player Lineup on Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:45 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
SpezDispenser wrote:When asked about the NHLPA's investigation, Brodeur said, "What are they going to do, take away the two points we didn't get (Monday)?"

Devils Field 17 Player Lineup - Page 3 270956 Ok then! It's true, but come on! Devils Field 17 Player Lineup - Page 3 489887

Why are they asking Brodeur anyway? What does the fact that his boss is an idiot have anything to do with him?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum