GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 67]

CockRoche

Veteran
Veteran
Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
I'd take him with no issues at all. Did he sign a 5 or 6 year contract? If it's a 5, then he's got 3 years left after this and I think he'll be fine. I mean...Gaborik has stood up well enough, Havlat priced himself out of town back in the day, but now, he'd be a wonderful compliment to Fisher and Alfie. He's obviously very talented. Kovalev for Havlat straight up. General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 5 54934

IMO Last thing this team needs is another injury prone player as much as I liked Havlat when he was here.

Look at teams with a few million in free cap space during the year. Other teams come to YOU with trade offers.

I agree. I think we lost our last 2 playoff series as a direct result of the same injured players being out of the lineup.

I want warriors.

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran
They're not mutually exclusive

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Hoags wrote:IMO Last thing this team needs is another injury prone player as much as I liked Havlat when he was here.

I'd rather Kovalev's spot go to Butler next year. This team needs some cap flexibility for the future. Being tight up against the cap really limits your options.

Look at teams with a few million in free cap space during the year. Other teams come to YOU with trade offers.

Quite a fair assessment Hoags, I won't argue with that except to say I think Havlat would flourish here.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:

Quite a fair assessment Hoags, I won't argue with that except to say I think Havlat would flourish here.

He probably would, but I just think it's too risky with his injury history. Gaborik defied all odds last year but he's already out for 2-4 weeks.

We're already on shaky ground with Spezza's health being such a question mark. There's more durable players to be had out there and I think Kovalev has exceptional value, a $5M cap hit that will be disappearing at the end of the season. We can do a lot with that on July 1st or the future.

Amnesia021

Amnesia021
Rookie
Rookie
Interesting fact. Joe Thornton logged his second Hat-Trick as a Shark last night. With names like Thornton, Larionov, Granato, Friesen, Marleau, Nolan, Ricci, Who do you think has the record for most Hat Tricks in a Sharks uniform?

Jonathan Cheechoo.

With an astounding 9 hat tricks as Shark. The next closest on the list is a 3-way tie with 3 each.

What could have been? Arg, what could have been Dammit!

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran
SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:IMO Last thing this team needs is another injury prone player as much as I liked Havlat when he was here.

I'd rather Kovalev's spot go to Butler next year. This team needs some cap flexibility for the future. Being tight up against the cap really limits your options.

If he had one or two years left on his contract, I would be all over bringing him back.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star
I hate to keep perpetrating this stupid thing, but there's less than 5 minutes left in the Boston-Toronto game and guess who's on the PP?

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
PKC wrote:I hate to keep perpetrating this stupid thing, but there's less than 5 minutes left in the Boston-Toronto game and guess who's on the PP?

111519 was right! Ahhhhh!

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
111519 = Donkey (Alfie, Smith, Spezza) lol

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
Holy moly, last night's Calgary-Colorado game was crazy. Stewart had 3 goals to give him 8 on the season, Winnick has 4 on the season, and Tanguay has 4.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
Bruins fans chant "Thank you Kessel" after Seguin scored last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk-ztRwgkl0&

Gotta be up there with the best crowd chants I've heard in the NHL Laugh1

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Dash wrote:Holy moly, last night's Calgary-Colorado game was crazy. Stewart had 3 goals to give him 8 on the season, Winnick has 4 on the season, and Tanguay has 4.

Tanguay and Morrison have been very good IMO, but I had no idea Stewart had 8 goals. What a tremendous beginning for guys like him, Stamkos, Alfie ( Ahhhhh! ).

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
Hoags wrote:Bruins fans chant "Thank you Kessel" after Seguin scored last night:

yeah I wish Ottawa fans could be this impulsive. This is gold....wish we had some creativity. Thumbs Down

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:
Dash wrote:Holy moly, last night's Calgary-Colorado game was crazy. Stewart had 3 goals to give him 8 on the season, Winnick has 4 on the season, and Tanguay has 4.

Tanguay and Morrison have been very good IMO, but I had no idea Stewart had 8 goals. What a tremendous beginning for guys like him, Stamkos, Alfie ( Ahhhhh! ).

Stamkos is on a different plateau of skill than everyone else right now. Just ridiculously elite. I would give anything to have a guy like that play for this team.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran
111519 wrote:
Big Ev wrote:It was terrible reffing, but don't start with that Leafs-reffing conspiracy BS. They get screwed over a lot too.

Awful call though.

You are truly delusional if you think the leafs get screwed even 1% as much as they get help. When is the last time you saw such a blatant tackle on a goalie??

Orr got pwned here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc1szOLDTgM&feature=related

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Hoags wrote:Bruins fans chant "Thank you Kessel" after Seguin scored last night:

Funny thing is, I think Kessel might be the most explosive player in the Northeast, including Alfie, Vanek, Roy, Cammelleri, Gionta, Plekanec, any of the Bruins players. Who really gets the last laugh?

In fact, I'd go as far as to say that Kessel might be one of the best forwards in the East (behind the obligatory Crosby, Ovechkin, Stamkos, Backstrom, *maybe* Malkin, but I'm not sold on Malkin as much as I used to be.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
PKC wrote:
Stamkos is on a different plateau of skill than everyone else right now. Just ridiculously elite. I would give anything to have a guy like that play for this team.

Yeah, I'm a little nervous that this kid is exhibiting this at such a young age. Doesn't bode well for the East. Ahhhhh!

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran
SpezDispenser wrote:

Gotta be up there with the best crowd chants I've heard in the NHL General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 5 270956

Funny thing is, I think Kessel might be the most explosive player in the Northeast, including Alfie, Vanek, Roy, Cammelleri, Gionta, Plekanec, any of the Bruins players. Who really gets the last laugh?

In fact, I'd go as far as to say that Kessel might be one of the best forwards in the East (behind the obligatory Crosby, Ovechkin, Stamkos, Backstrom, *maybe* Malkin, but I'm not sold on Malkin as much as I used to be.

You can't be serious!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum