GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 64 of 67]

dennycrane


Veteran
Veteran
Anyone read the tweet - going to NASHVILLE

SeawaySensFan


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Dash wrote:I think everyone needs to step back and realize even if the NHL allowed Balsillie (whom I like and wish owned a team, but I doubt it happens) to own a team, they won't allow him to move it.

He tried to buy Pittsburgh and Nashville, and wanted to move Nashville to Hamilton, which the NHL would not have allowed, so why would they allow him to move Ottawa? Maybe him and Melnyk are talking, but I am very positive in that the team wouldn't move - and again it is unfortunately very unlikely he is allowed as an NHL owner.

Because it's in Canada? Dancing

Ev


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
TheAvatar wrote:
Big Ev wrote:I dunno, but the AHL is a joke anyway so you might as well have some fun with the jerseys!

Man, you're abrasive

Are you saying the AHL is a quality league worth following? Wink

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
dennycrane wrote:Anyone read the tweet - going to NASHVILLE

haha yes but the sens are playing there on thursday. He could be going for some other unrelated reason, but its obvious that the Predators/Balsillie ship sailed a long way back so that will never happen. They already have an owner. Phoenix situation is dwindling away too.

Who knows? Sounds like he just wants to own a team though (and close to the RIM headquarters in Ontario)....Ottawa actually would be a perfect place for him to own a team because of RIM's ever growing presence in Kanata.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
I always thought Blackberry Jim wants some of that untapped GTA market. I believe he would try and move the Sens, according to Melnyk he did try.

Bettman won't let him anywhere near a franchise though.

Melnyk loses money on the Sens but I believe he makes money off capital tickets and the fact he owns the area.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hoags wrote:I always thought Blackberry Jim wants some of that untapped GTA market. I believe he would try and move the Sens, according to Melnyk he did try.

Bettman won't let him anywhere near a franchise though.

Melnyk loses money on the Sens but I believe he makes money off capital tickets and the fact he owns the area.

Yup. Even Hot Rod Bryden was making money off the arena. The Gene took it one step further by establishing Capital Tickets, which is a printing press for cash money. DancingBanana

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Yup. Even Hot Rod Bryden was making money off the arena. The Gene took it one step further by establishing Capital Tickets, which is a printing press for cash money. DancingBanana

So we're not really in danger of having an owner go Chapter 11 on us anytime soon Laugh1 Didn't know Bryden made money, I just remember him bleeding money on the team, I think one time the player's cheques bounced around X-mas time if I recall.

Mind you when cap floor teams like the Avalanche kick our Donkey, being able to spend to the cap isn't necessary a good thing, when it shows how we've mismanaged our assets.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
DiPietro back in the IR...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=346403

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
shabbs wrote:DiPietro back in the IR...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=346403

You think him and Leclaire are long lost brothers? Isles have dished out the two worst contracts in the history of the NHL

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
Interesting notes about the standings. NYI is in last place with 18 points but have 3 games in hand on New Jersey which has 20 points (side note, wow what atrocious numbers). Its entirely plausible that within the New Year, the devils could be 30th in the league. Who would have thunk it?

Also, Montreal is on a crucial 8 game road trip (me thinks) and have started it off with two regulation losses. This could be big....they're only 2 points ahead of Boston with 2 more games played and if Boston keeps winning, Montreal could go from 3rd all the way to 8th, battling with Carolina for the final spot.

And all this, while we're not even half way through. Sens need to just Cussing start winning consecutively....give me 3 games and I'll be happy, let's see how the picture changes over the next month cuz something tells me it will change in the East

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hoags wrote:A new product has been spotted on the shelves this holiday season:

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 64 Fx4igh
it's expensive and lacks flavour Sarcasm Laugh1

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Michallica wrote:Interesting notes about the standings. NYI is in last place with 18 points but have 3 games in hand on New Jersey which has 20 points (side note, wow what atrocious numbers). Its entirely plausible that within the New Year, the devils could be 30th in the league. Who would have thunk it?

No one would have thought that. How the HELL does MacLean still have a coaching job? How? I don't understand. I would have fired him MONTHS ago. Laugh1

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:Interesting notes about the standings. NYI is in last place with 18 points but have 3 games in hand on New Jersey which has 20 points (side note, wow what atrocious numbers). Its entirely plausible that within the New Year, the devils could be 30th in the league. Who would have thunk it?

No one would have thought that. How the HELL does MacLean still have a coaching job? How? I don't understand. I would have fired him MONTHS ago. Laugh1

Lou wouldn't fire a coach who takes them to the bottom of the eastern conference....but he will fire coaches who take their team to the top of the division with 5 games left in the season. Go figure Loony

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran
it's freaking plague!!

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/hockey/2010/12/22/16642056.html

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=346601

Pavel Datsyuk out about 4 weeks with a broken hand/wrist suffered in last night's 5-4 victory over Canucks.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:

No one would have thought that. How the HELL does MacLean still have a coaching job? How? I don't understand. I would have fired him MONTHS ago. Laugh1

MacLean fired.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=346655

Supposedly Lemaire is coming back Laugh1

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
The Capitals were finally able to play their unofficial victory anthem again after beating the Sens the other night Facepalm LOL

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Oh and Mike Green's douchiness has finally been confirmed:

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 64 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum