Who should we stop serving cheese to?

    Share
    avatar
    Number Twenty Nine
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 1680
    Age : 95
    Location : Forth Worth, Texas
    Favorite Team : Dallas
    Registration date : 2008-08-06

    Who should we stop serving cheese to?

    Post by Number Twenty Nine on Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:13 pm

    If you could make a change, who would it be and with whom?

    Me: I would stop serving cheese to Gerber, especially Swiss cheese.
    avatar
    PKC
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 5817
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: Who should we stop serving cheese to?

    Post by PKC on Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:04 pm

    What the hell are you talking about?
    avatar
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: Who should we stop serving cheese to?

    Post by shabbs on Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:37 pm

    I'm assuming he means cheddar... ie: money. I guess the Swiss cheese reference is a play on his nationality.

    Number Twenty Nine - you been samplin' from your own supply a little too much? Wink
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54589
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Who should we stop serving cheese to?

    Post by PTFlea on Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:47 pm

    Number Twenty Nine wrote:If you could make a change, who would it be and with whom?

    Me: I would stop serving cheese to Gerber, especially Swiss cheese.

    I feel comfortable with Gerber and Auld for whatever reason, I think they'll lean on each other and help each other a lot. Sort of a poor man's tandem, but still has the chance with our D to be pretty solid....so...I'll say that as much as I love our D, I would like to see a Schneider-esque PP QB who can pot 60 points. That way we make up for the drop in goals scored that we're likely to have.

    Or we could just get another top 6 guy at the deadline. Someone like Stillman, similar in all respects...maybe more of a finisher if there's one available.

    Let the annual Cheechoo rumours start any time please. :D
    avatar
    COLLAR UP
    Rookie
    Rookie

    Number of posts : 268
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-09-12

    Re: Who should we stop serving cheese to?

    Post by COLLAR UP on Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:38 pm

    504Heater wrote:
    Number Twenty Nine wrote:If you could make a change, who would it be and with whom?

    Me: I would stop serving cheese to Gerber, especially Swiss cheese.

    I feel comfortable with Gerber and Auld for whatever reason, I think they'll lean on each other and help each other a lot. Sort of a poor man's tandem, but still has the chance with our D to be pretty solid....so...I'll say that as much as I love our D, I would like to see a Schneider-esque PP QB who can pot 60 points. That way we make up for the drop in goals scored that we're likely to have.

    Or we could just get another top 6 guy at the deadline. Someone like Stillman, similar in all respects...maybe more of a finisher if there's one available.

    Let the annual Cheechoo rumours start any time please. :D

    how 'bout just signing Shanny...

    I still cannot believe tha he remains unsigned...WTF...
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54589
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Who should we stop serving cheese to?

    Post by PTFlea on Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:04 pm

    I thought Shanny singed with Detroit? Or was I dreaming that...maybe it was wildly speculated this weekend and I thought it was done.

    I don't think we have a shot at him personally, but he'd be franking awesome here.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Who should we stop serving cheese to?

    Post by Guest on Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:17 pm

    504Heater wrote:I thought Shanny singed with Detroit? Or was I dreaming that...maybe it was wildly speculated this weekend and I thought it was done.

    I don't think we have a shot at him personally, but he'd be franking awesome here.

    I am less than luke warm on Shanny. He was certainly a finisher, a leader and a solid all around player plus a true character. Today I see him as old, us in no need of extra leadership and probably more of a personality than we need. The chemistry looks good. Adding Shanny is not necessary locker room wise and I am not sure he is the player he once was.
    avatar
    Number Twenty Nine
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 1680
    Age : 95
    Location : Forth Worth, Texas
    Favorite Team : Dallas
    Registration date : 2008-08-06

    Re: Who should we stop serving cheese to?

    Post by Number Twenty Nine on Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:37 am

    I guess no one remembers those stupid commercials with the old lady

    "if you want your kids to leave home, stop cooking with cheese!!"
    avatar
    smash88
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 1354
    Age : 33
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-09-26

    Re: Who should we stop serving cheese to?

    Post by smash88 on Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:18 am

    MurderOnIce wrote:
    504Heater wrote:I thought Shanny singed with Detroit? Or was I dreaming that...maybe it was wildly speculated this weekend and I thought it was done.

    I don't think we have a shot at him personally, but he'd be franking awesome here.

    I am less than luke warm on Shanny. He was certainly a finisher, a leader and a solid all around player plus a true character. Today I see him as old, us in no need of extra leadership and probably more of a personality than we need. The chemistry looks good. Adding Shanny is not necessary locker room wise and I am not sure he is the player he once was.

    Yeah the more i've thought about it in the past couple weeks, I am of the same opinion...

    although if we could get him for cheap say around 1 million, i'd take him then...
    avatar
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: Who should we stop serving cheese to?

    Post by shabbs on Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:28 am

    Number Twenty Nine wrote:I guess no one remembers those stupid commercials with the old lady

    "if you want your kids to leave home, stop cooking with cheese!!"
    HA! I remember those...

    They didn't have much lasting power though and the saying never really took off as far as I remember.
    avatar
    smash88
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 1354
    Age : 33
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-09-26

    Re: Who should we stop serving cheese to?

    Post by smash88 on Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:29 am

    shabbs wrote:
    Number Twenty Nine wrote:I guess no one remembers those stupid commercials with the old lady

    "if you want your kids to leave home, stop cooking with cheese!!"
    HA! I remember those...

    They didn't have much lasting power though and the saying never really took off as far as I remember.

    Do they not still play? I am sure I saw one not that long ago...

    Sponsored content

    Re: Who should we stop serving cheese to?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:54 pm