You are not connected. Please login or register

 » Ottawa Senators » Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM

Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

What is Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM?

Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM Vote_lcap228%Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM Vote_rcap2 28% [ 5 ]
Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM Vote_lcap26%Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM Vote_rcap2 6% [ 1 ]
Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM Vote_lcap26%Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM Vote_rcap2 6% [ 1 ]
Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM Vote_lcap20%Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM Vote_lcap211%Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM Vote_rcap2 11% [ 2 ]
Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM Vote_lcap211%Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM Vote_rcap2 11% [ 2 ]
Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM Vote_lcap222%Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM Vote_rcap2 22% [ 4 ]
Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM Vote_lcap211%Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM Vote_rcap2 11% [ 2 ]
Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM Vote_lcap25%Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM Vote_rcap2 5% [ 1 ]
Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM Vote_lcap20%Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 18

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM Empty Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM on Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:08 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran
A poll in honour of post 1K.

I guess the worst thing about this is it did not take me too long to come up with ten poll items.

2Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM Empty Re: Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM on Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:14 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I'll say Kovalev. Imagine if he had come to terms with Cammelleri? Or Gionta? God, Kovalev's hurt this team, 5 million dollars and that's what you get? Pass.

3Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM Empty Re: Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM on Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:14 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
Heatley for sure - he let him run the show. He destroyed the team by not take a firm stance and he panicked.

4Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM Empty Re: Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM on Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:18 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran
I voted for resigning Kuba. I think the Kovalev thing was at least partially owner driven and I'm somewhat forgiving of the Heatley saga. No matter your vote, it isn't pretty.

5Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM Empty Re: Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM on Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:20 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran
Milan Michalek.

6Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM Empty Re: Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM on Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:22 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
How many coaches does one need to hire and subsequently fire before the finger is pointed at you?

7Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM Empty Re: Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM on Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:23 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran
Dash wrote:How many coaches does one need to hire and subsequently fire before the finger is pointed at you?

Yeah, I think he knows his time is coming to an end judging by the look on his face after the EN goal. I'm pretty sure that wasn't Dasani water he was chugging - it was straight vodka.

8Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM Empty Re: Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM on Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:24 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:I'll say Kovalev. Imagine if he had come to terms with Cammelleri? Or Gionta? God, Kovalev's hurt this team, 5 million dollars and that's what you get? Pass.

Don't tell that to the people who say he creates space for his teammates and has earned every dollar on his deal so far. Facepalm

9Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM Empty Re: Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM on Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Big Ev wrote:
Don't tell that to the people who say he creates space for his teammates and has earned every dollar on his deal so far. Facepalm

I think he does when he's 'on', but when he's being lazy, it does nothing. Enigmatic my arse, I need some consistency for 5 million.

10Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM Empty Re: Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM on Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:26 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
He didn't trade a 1st for Campoli. How many times do I end up saying this...you can't dissect a trade and delete the bits and pieces that weaken your argument. McAmmond and a 1st for Campoli and Comrie isn't the same as Campoli for a 1st.

11Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM Empty Re: Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM on Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:30 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
spader wrote:He didn't trade a 1st for Campoli. How many times do I end up saying this...you can't dissect a trade and delete the bits and pieces that weaken your argument. McAmmond and a 1st for Campoli and Comrie isn't the same as Campoli for a 1st.

It's pretty close with the monetary savings that the Isles got. Comrie for McAmmond and a longshot prospect would be my guess on the worth - so something like a 5th round pick.

12Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM Empty Re: Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM on Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:31 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
True - I think people just look at it as what is remaining from the deal.

But then you could apply that to saying Heatley, a 5th round pick and $1'000'000 (the Cheechoo buy-out) was traded for Michalek

13Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM Empty Re: Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM on Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:35 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
And we traded Havlat for nothing? How far can you go back with that logic?

Honestly, I don't think that's what's happening, I think people are making lazy arguments. Which, for the record, is infuriating since you can easily make a strong argument that Murray has made some bad moves.

EDIT: If we're assuming that people claim that such a trade as "Campoli for a 1st" EVER took place is because of what remains from that trade, then instead of "Trading 2 2nd round picks for Sutton/Cullen," it should read "Trading 2 2nd round picks for air."

14Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM Empty Re: Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM on Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:38 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
For the record, I was not defending that argument - just pointing out the fallacy in the argument.

I think the real answer is all of the above. It's not just one bad move - you can't win them all and certainly one poor judgment move could be forgotten if there were many positive moves made, but in this case, there are too many poor decisions to defend him any longer. Changes need to be made, and not just in the office.

15Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM Empty Re: Poll: Bryan Murray's Worst Move as GM on Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:43 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
Dash wrote:For the record, I was not defending that argument - just pointing out the fallacy in the argument.

Fair enough. Sorry. It bothers me because I've commented on the same thing (the Campoli for a 1st) a few times. Pet peeve I guess.

Dash wrote:
I think the real answer is all of the above. It's not just one bad move - you can't win them all and certainly one poor judgment move could be forgotten if there were many positive moves made, but in this case, there are too many poor decisions to defend him any longer. Changes need to be made, and not just in the office.

Agreed. The sum total of his trades and signings have been pretty awful. He replenished the prospect cupboard, but as far as his vision for the team goes: Thumbs Down

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum