You are not connected. Please login or register

What Am I Watching Right now? MAJOR BREAKING BAD SPOILERS IN HERE!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 63 of 67]

tim1_2


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Renting a car, if you got something big, couldn't have been cheap I imagine.

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:Renting a car, if you got something big, couldn't have been cheap I imagine.

Full-sized SUV was $467 (plus taxes/fees/whatnot) for the week. It was cheaper than a minivan, for some reason. Probably the minivan (Dodge) was all equipped (electric doors). But the full-size SUV seats 7 so there must be a third bench (we're taking three of the kids with us and there's no way I'm driving 600+ kilometers with the three of them sharing a rear bench). Gord Miller (did I say Millard before?) tweeted yesterday a picture of a Caddy he got upgraded to by Avis. I'm renting from Avis as well. Fingers crossed. The fullsize SUV is "GMC Acadia or similar"; I wonder what the upgrade could be.

Weird thing -- I just looked at their pricing, and the daily rental for the minivan is quite a bit less than the fullsize SUV, yet for the weekly rental it was the other way around. I wonder if they made a mistake.

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
Here, take a look -- does this make *any* sense?

What Am I Watching Right now? MAJOR BREAKING BAD SPOILERS IN HERE! - Page 63 Captur10

The full size is not just less than the minivan but it's less than the "standard" SUV.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
They change their rates all the time depending on demand...sometimes weird things happen.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Made it to the hotel. It's a half block away from Time Square -- can see it out our window. $12.95 for Wi-Fi and that's just 24 hours. $9 for a mini bottle of vodka (the airplane size) and $28 for a 200 ml one. After driving in NYC traffic for the last hour or so, I feel I deserve it. Mised the hotel the first time around (building numbers jumped where Broadway crosses and we thought we missed it); it took another 40 minutes to go around again. Forget supper, we'll have to eat after the show. Good thing this city never sleeps.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Enjoy your time there, Prags.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Show ended just before 11 so we figured we'd get a quick supper. Waiting time was 45 minutes until we were a couple blocks past Time Square. Finally got seated around eleven thirty. There were parents with young kids sitting at a couple tables around us. The lineup to check out at the 24 hour Walgrens was about 25 minutes (this was after super). And that's with three cashiers on duty.

City that never sleeps is right.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Show ended just before 11 so we figured we'd get a quick supper. Waiting time was 45 minutes until we were a couple blocks past Time Square. Finally got seated around eleven thirty. There were parents with young kids sitting at a couple tables around us. The lineup to check out at the 24 hour Walgrens was about 25 minutes (this was after super). And that's with three cashiers on duty.

City that never sleeps is right.

I am not a "big city" person...I could never deal with that Dung on a regular basis.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
That's some late night dinner... crazy.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
If I were waiting until midnight for dinner, I'd have resorted to cannabalism before then.

Speaking of which, I'm currently reading "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy. Pretty haunting stuff.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Show ended just before 11 so we figured we'd get a quick supper.  Waiting time was 45 minutes until we were a couple blocks past Time Square.  Finally got seated around eleven thirty.  There were parents with young kids sitting at a couple tables around us.  The lineup to check out at the 24 hour Walgrens was about 25 minutes (this was after super).  And that's with three cashiers on duty.

City that never sleeps is right.

I am not a "big city" person...I could never deal with that Dung on a regular basis.

Those are all tourists, though. Half of them may still be on their old timezone. But the hotdog vendor packing things up past midnight, who will be out the next morning at 8am, if not earlier, crazy.

Off to Central Park and then the Met. Maybe do the ESB observatory in the evening. It's open daily until 2 am.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Five hours of walking. Ouch! The Met wasn't at all what I expected. Not a gallery at all, but a museum (as the name implies). Don't think we got our money's worth except as a workout. Central Park is fantastic. But you need a map. Seriously! I thought we had walkee all across it but we actually walked in almost a circle and and up almost where we started. Then we went to the Met.

On the walk back to a bit of a detour and walked through Rockefeller Plaza. 30 Rock.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Prager your typing is horrendous on that thing...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
shabbs wrote:Prager your typing is horrendous on that thing...

Only one typo on the last post: walkee instead of walked.

BTW,had a jumbo hotdog from a vendor in Central Park and it was pretty blah. Maybe should've gone for the falafel or gyro.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:Prager your typing is horrendous on that thing...

Only one typo on the last post: walkee instead of walked.

BTW,had a jumbo hotdog from a vendor in Central Park and it was pretty blah. Maybe should've gone for the falafel or gyro.
Hotdogs are lips and Donkey... savour the flavour...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
The Blue Fin (47th at BWay) is a bit pricey, but the pan seared halibut I had was fantastic. Still hungry, though. All that walking and dodging yellowcabs.

Now, a couple episodes of The Killing to get our money's worth from that $12.95 WiFi. Then I think we are done. This was a hard day on the old bones. A lot of walking. Back to family life tomorrow.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Wow, reports are that Robin Williams has died -- apparent suicide. Very sad. As Mork used to say, "Heavy sigh".


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Jesus. That's nuts. He was always manic, I guess he had enough.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 63 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum