You are not connected. Please login or register

What Am I Watching Right now? MAJOR BREAKING BAD SPOILERS IN HERE!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 65 of 67]

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
10 PM is bed time. 14 hours later is 2PM the following day. He may have been battling depression for a while, but he wasn't on a suicide watch.

Ev


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SeawaySensFan wrote:I was gonna post something inappropriate and then type "What? Too soon?" But here's what I think of the twitter narcissists coming out of the woodwork to show their "support" in whatever-characters-or-less:

I find it fascinating that all these clowns have to go on the internet to tell the world how much they loved Robin Williams and what good friends they were. Particularly his WIFE!

The guy was last seen at 10pm, in his own home and was apparently found some 14 hours later, in his own home... by an ASSISTANT. Not a family member, nor his own damn wife.

Everybody claims they knew he was depressed but no one checked on him for a 14 hour period? Not a friend, not an employee, not a family member, not his WIFE?!?! People are such self-absorbed hypocrites.

It's also strange how people always say the same damn thing after suicides, then forget about it a day or so later and nothing ever changes.

RIP in peace Robin Williams. Lik dis if u cri evertim

Basically the average tweet

SeawaySensFan


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I was gonna post something inappropriate and then type "What? Too soon?" But here's what I think of the twitter narcissists coming out of the woodwork to show their "support" in whatever-characters-or-less:

I find it fascinating that all these clowns have to go on the internet to tell the world how much they loved Robin Williams and what good friends they were. Particularly his WIFE!

The guy was last seen at 10pm, in his own home and was apparently found some 14 hours later, in his own home... by an ASSISTANT. Not a family member, nor his own damn wife.

Everybody claims they knew he was depressed but no one checked on him for a 14 hour period? Not a friend, not an employee, not a family member, not his WIFE?!?! People are such self-absorbed hypocrites.

It's also strange how people always say the same damn thing after suicides, then forget about it a day or so later and nothing ever changes.

RIP in peace Robin Williams. Lik dis if u cri evertim

Basically the average tweet

Like.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
does anyone else find it funny when you see a news story about a family complaining they have no money/food etc. but then you see they have like 6 kids. WTF?

NEELY


Mod
Mod
Ev wrote:does anyone else find it funny when you see a news story about a family complaining they have no money/food etc. but then you see they have like 6 kids. WTF?

Gotta love religion. (all of them)

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:does anyone else find it funny when you see a news story about a family complaining they have no money/food etc. but then you see they have like 6 kids. WTF?

Gotta love religion.  (all of them)

is that why they keep breeding even though they can't afford the kids?

The kids are growing up in awful living conditions because they couldn't use protection

No sympathy

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I've gotta say, the summer has been somewhat disappointing. By all reports Guardians of the Galaxy is a terrific movie; my wife has seen it twice (took the girls once, and then the boys). I can't rationalize another outing -- although my son would gladly accompany me -- so I'll wait until it's out at the local RedBox.

On TV, I'd finished GoT and True Detective, saw about 2/3 of the first season of OITNB (just not getting into it). Was really looking forward to some of the summer fare. Extant started very interesting but has been quite disappointing overall. The Leftovers is hard to get into (I hear it picks up after the first 3-4 episodes but I'm finding it hard to convince my wife to continue). Murder in the First started good but went downhill just like those Sand Francisco streets it was shot in (Bochko doesn't have it any more, it seems). And The Lottery -- what happened to it? I recorded the first couple of episodes then it disappeared -- was Lifetime on a free previous the first two weeks or something? Anyhow, the message boards don't sound terribly thrilled with it.

The girls started Doctor Who a while back, and I'm catching up on some of the Matt Smith episodes I missed earlier. I'm recording the new ones on Space so when the Netflix ones are done we'll have the new ones ready to go.

Outlander starts tonight (Showcase) and I've heard enough about it to want to record it. From what I'd read I won't have too much trouble convincing my wife to watch it (the books it's based on are a bit like a high-quality romance novels, bodice-rippers). It might have to fill in the medieval fantasy void until GoT returns (and from what I've heard there's quite a bit of the nasty business in that one, too).


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Anyone looking forward to any of the new shows? Apparently Gotham is quite good, and since I enjoyed Broadchurch, I'll be checking out Grace Point (it's a remake of Broadchurch, with David Tennant reprising the main role, except now as an American cop).

Here's a link to reviews of some of the new shows, with "Editors' Pick" highlighting the good ones.

http://www.tvguide.com/special/fall-preview/new-shows.aspx


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
The Leftovers are getting better. The last two episodes have been very good. The opening scene in episode 5 (titled "Gladys") was brutal. I've seen the goriest parts of GoT and TWD and they don't compare to what they showed or, perhaps, the way it was shown. It's still not an easy show to like, but it's well done.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Is Outlander any good?

Honestly, I'm not watching any current shows...most TV is utter crap.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:Is Outlander any good?  

Honestly, I'm not watching any current shows...most TV is utter crap.


Network TV? Yes. HBO has some good stuff. BBC has some good stuff. Netflix has lots of good show from years gone by.

I'm recording Outlander but have only seen the first 10 minutes or so. Only two weeks of The Leftovers left, so we'll start watching then.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Was happy to see Bryan Cranston win another Emmy for Breaking Bad. Just awesome.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:Is Outlander any good?  

Honestly, I'm not watching any current shows...most TV is utter crap.

Of the current shows on one of the major networks, there are still shows worth watching:

Grimm
The Blacklist
Parks and Rec
Person of Interest
Sleepy Hollow (bit of guilty pleasure -- thought I'd slip it in)

And those are just the ones we watch. There are other worthy mentions out there.

If you expand it to AMC and HBO then you have a lot of very good stuff being produced. There is a reason you are getting major Hollywood actors coming back to the small screen (McConaughey/Harrelson in True Detective, Spacey in House of Cards, Lange in American Horror Story). There are also big-screen directors/producers but I'm a bit lazy to look it up (Spielberg's been involved with a few, but mostly not very successfully; but there are others).

If you talk to most people -- and include HBO/AMC/Netflix/BBC -- they will tell you TV has never been better. I hardly ever watch movies any more.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
When I said "most TV is utter crap", I meant right now. Most of the really good/promising shows don't run through the summer.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
Cranston and Paul def deserve the Emmys this year. Anna Gunn however, she's a total meh actress iMO and her character Skyler is terrible.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
LeKing wrote:Cranston and Paul def deserve the Emmys this year. Anna Gunn however, she's a total meh actress iMO and her character Skyler is terrible.

Yeah, I don't think Anna Gunn should've won her Emmy, but whatever. I think I liked her stiff portrayal of her character in Deadwood more than Skyler in Breaking Bad.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:
LeKing wrote:Cranston and Paul def deserve the Emmys this year. Anna Gunn however, she's a total meh actress iMO and her character Skyler is terrible.

Yeah, I don't think Anna Gunn should've won her Emmy, but whatever.  I think I liked her stiff portrayal of her character in Deadwood more than Skyler in Breaking Bad.

She almost ruined some episodes for me.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
In Deadwood or Breaking Bad?

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 65 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum