GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Breaking Rumours!! » Member's Story breakers! » from now till the trade deadline.

from now till the trade deadline.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

61from now till the trade deadline. - Page 5 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. on Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:28 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
sometimes what it takes is a show of forces, like actually sending him down. i doubt it instantly makes him better but i would imagine he would bust his Donkey a little more.

62from now till the trade deadline. - Page 5 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. on Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:44 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran
SpezDispenser wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:COYOTES TRADE WOLSKI TO RANGERS FOR ROZSIVAL per tsn...

Dominos? Sarcasm

no but seriously, there's likely more moves coming in the next few weeks from the west as the race to make the playoffs is so tight for so many teams, some will likely try and get the upper hand sooner rather then later.

Yeah, I think it might actually start some dominos falling in all seriousness. The Rags have very little D now, they'll need someone - and soon.

Do you think that one of the many thousand Leaf rumours -- they could ship a D to the Rangers? I would prefer we to send Kuba... but

63from now till the trade deadline. - Page 5 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. on Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:35 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
That Rangers deal leaves them thin on D and with the ability to add a 4.8m contract to their roster.

I'll let you all fill in the rest.

64from now till the trade deadline. - Page 5 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. on Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:44 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Ahhhhh!

65from now till the trade deadline. - Page 5 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. on Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:45 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote: Ahhhhh!

I should say "up to" 4.8m. But still Sarcasm

66from now till the trade deadline. - Page 5 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. on Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:52 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Sez Dallas Dave:

Panthers are basically shopping McCabe. Not desperate to be rid of him.. but are looking for bites.

Next 3-4 games crucial in deciding Murray's trade strategy.If bad play continues,Phillips and other vets could go. Spezza/Alfie likely safe.

67from now till the trade deadline. - Page 5 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. on Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:24 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
Makes sense.

Trading Spezza is a bad idea. Not that there'd be any takers or good deal to be had anyway.

No one is going to take Alfie and I just can't imagine him not finishing his career here.

At least one of Campoli, Philipps or Kuba will go, they'll want Cowen here next year, maybe Lee and/or Rundblad as well. Lee has certainly been better than Kuba.

68from now till the trade deadline. - Page 5 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. on Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:30 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Yeah, I would say it's time to get rid of Kuba if possible, perhaps if the
right blue chip forward prospect is dangled, Phillips as well. Kovalev obviously if we can find anyone to take him, ditto Leclaire. Ruutu should be going I assume.

The biggest questions are still Phillips and Fisher. What will happen...

69from now till the trade deadline. - Page 5 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. on Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:38 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
I'd keep Philips, do we really want Cowen learning NHL defence from Kuba or Matt Carkner ? Laugh1

70from now till the trade deadline. - Page 5 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. on Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:39 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
If Phillips is traded I hope it's just as a rental and he's re-signed in the off season. It would be great if Big Rig found himself on a contender and eventual cup winner this year.

- Unknown Author

71from now till the trade deadline. - Page 5 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. on Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:47 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SeawaySensFan wrote:That Rangers deal leaves them thin on D and with the ability to add a 4.8m contract to their roster.

Further to the above here's what Pete LeBrun has to say:

Sather on conference call says the cap space he gained with this deal allows him to look at other moves before Feb. 28

72from now till the trade deadline. - Page 5 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. on Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:52 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:That Rangers deal leaves them thin on D and with the ability to add a 4.8m contract to their roster.

Sather on conference call says the cap space he gained with this deal allows him to look at other moves before Feb. 28

Sather and cap-space is not a good combination, unfortunately.

73from now till the trade deadline. - Page 5 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. on Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:53 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
asq2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Sather and cap-space is not a good combination, unfortunately.

It's a good combination for about 29 other GMs.

74from now till the trade deadline. - Page 5 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. on Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:55 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
asq2 wrote:Sather and cap-space is not a good combination, unfortunately.

For the Rangers that is.

75from now till the trade deadline. - Page 5 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. on Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:40 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Cap'n Clutch wrote:If Phillips is traded I hope it's just as a rental and he's re-signed in the off season. It would be great if Big Rig found himself on a contender and eventual cup winner this year.

Senschirp says that Boston has already shown interest. I would assume that Pete Chiarelli would have designs on keeping him past this season too.

What bothers me is that Boston has no cap room and no one really compelling in their lineup to send the other way.

76from now till the trade deadline. - Page 5 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. on Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:42 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:If Phillips is traded I hope it's just as a rental and he's re-signed in the off season. It would be great if Big Rig found himself on a contender and eventual cup winner this year.

Senschirp says that Boston has already shown interest. I would assume that Pete Chiarelli would have designs on keeping him past this season too.

What bothers me is that Boston has no cap room and no one really compelling in their lineup to send the other way.

Joe Colbourne please. I don't really care if they like it or not, that's what I want from a division rival.

77from now till the trade deadline. - Page 5 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. on Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:29 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Joe Colbourne please. I don't really care if they like it or not, that's what I want from a division rival.
I'll settle for their first round pick since they have Toronto's already.

78from now till the trade deadline. - Page 5 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. on Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:32 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Oglethorpe wrote:I'll settle for their first round pick since they have Toronto's already.

I guess we could settle for that, yeah.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum