What would you do?

    Share

    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16281
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: What would you do?

    Post by tim1_2 on Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:45 pm

    I do have a source, and while he doesn’t really have the inside track on actual hockey operations, he tends to know what’s going on in and around Scotiabank Place.

    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 10055
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

    Re: What would you do?

    Post by spader on Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:45 pm

    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:SSF, I'm not sure what you're contributing to this thread.

    My opinion. Over and out. Dancing

    I think SSF makes a good point though. The team is basically saying, "We've run the team into the ground. What will make you come back, a nice shiny scoreboard (that we're already going to buy) or a better quality hotdog?" The point is, what we really want is for the team to play respectable hockey again.

    I don't know. I can see both sides. The team needs to ask for the season ticket holders' opinions, if for nothing else than to make them feel involved. Someone (22_4_ever, I think) recently made comments about the state of the team as it relates to his willingness to renew his tickets next year. I can understand that the team would ask where those fans want the facelift to take place. I also understand SSF's position that none of the above matters.

    22_4_ever
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

    Number of posts : 531
    Registration date : 2011-01-19

    Re: What would you do?

    Post by 22_4_ever on Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:08 pm

    I see both sides...

    So, taking a page from SSF's comment I wanted to answer "improve the team" but obviously that isn't possible. I didn't see how a new sound system or scoreboard, or even new concessions would help me enjoy the game more than a better on ice product.

    Drafting we can't influence, but thinking about making playing here more attractive I could only think of things as a player that would make playing here more enjoyable.

    If that happens, maybe we sign a goalie like Bryzgalov instead of another team because while we are young and up and coming he has a comfy new players lounge to think about his time in Ottawa, and a new gym/rehab facilities to help recover/prepare better.

    avatar
    22_4_ever
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

    Number of posts : 531
    Age : 47
    Location : Purgatory
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-19

    Re: What would you do?

    Post by 22_4_ever on Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:10 pm

    tim1_2 wrote:I do have a source, and while he doesn’t really have the inside track on actual hockey operations, he tends to know what’s going on in and around Scotiabank Place.

    very cool...

    well I think everyone suspected they would have to do something with the all star game coming...I really couldn't see the NHL being happy about their showcase being held in a city that can't jazz it up. Ever wonder why the Islanders are never even in the running...
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16281
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: What would you do?

    Post by tim1_2 on Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:27 pm

    spader wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:SSF, I'm not sure what you're contributing to this thread.

    My opinion. Over and out. Dancing

    I think SSF makes a good point though. The team is basically saying, "We've run the team into the ground. What will make you come back, a nice shiny scoreboard (that we're already going to buy) or a better quality hotdog?" The point is, what we really want is for the team to play respectable hockey again.

    I don't know. I can see both sides. The team needs to ask for the season ticket holders' opinions, if for nothing else than to make them feel involved. Someone (22_4_ever, I think) recently made comments about the state of the team as it relates to his willingness to renew his tickets next year. I can understand that the team would ask where those fans want the facelift to take place. I also understand SSF's position that none of the above matters.

    There's no point asking the fans if a good team would encourage them to come to the rink. The answer is obviously yes. The marketing guys running the survey and managing ticket sales are only going to be interested in the things they can actually influence. The Sens (and probably every other team) have been conducting this kind of research for a long time.

    And there's obvious value in doing this kind of research, as there are always things that can be improved to make the game experience more enjoyable.
    avatar
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 10055
    Age : 37
    Location : Toronto
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

    Re: What would you do?

    Post by spader on Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:05 pm

    tim1_2 wrote:
    spader wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:SSF, I'm not sure what you're contributing to this thread.

    My opinion. Over and out. Dancing

    I think SSF makes a good point though. The team is basically saying, "We've run the team into the ground. What will make you come back, a nice shiny scoreboard (that we're already going to buy) or a better quality hotdog?" The point is, what we really want is for the team to play respectable hockey again.

    I don't know. I can see both sides. The team needs to ask for the season ticket holders' opinions, if for nothing else than to make them feel involved. Someone (22_4_ever, I think) recently made comments about the state of the team as it relates to his willingness to renew his tickets next year. I can understand that the team would ask where those fans want the facelift to take place. I also understand SSF's position that none of the above matters.

    There's no point asking the fans if a good team would encourage them to come to the rink. The answer is obviously yes. The marketing guys running the survey and managing ticket sales are only going to be interested in the things they can actually influence. The Sens (and probably every other team) have been conducting this kind of research for a long time.

    And there's obvious value in doing this kind of research, as there are always things that can be improved to make the game experience more enjoyable.

    Agreed. Like I said, if nothing else, this type of survey makes people feel involved at a time when the on-ice product is lacking. At the same time, I absolutely understand a fan saying, "Who cares about hotdogs and scoreboards. Make the team respectable."

    Sponsored content

    Re: What would you do?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:53 pm