You are not connected. Please login or register

Deckster.ca

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31Deckster.ca  - Page 3 Empty Re: Deckster.ca on Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:40 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
shabbs wrote:Yeah, those rubber ones look like they would not last too long. For the $$$ you spend on the Nano, you'd want something to protect it and that would last.

I get the impression that Apple users like to pay the extra bucks just to be able to say that they paid the extra bucks.

32Deckster.ca  - Page 3 Empty Re: Deckster.ca on Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:40 pm

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod
spader wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:They got their 1st sale already from the States!!! That's what I'm talking about!! Deckster.ca  - Page 3 649241 Deckster.ca  - Page 3 542150

Wicked! Send them our congrats. Always good to see quality triumph over a cheap alternative. (Some of those versions that were linked above looked like Dung.)

Thanks spader, I'm very excited for them! I will send the congrats along!

Pretty cool that they get their first order from someone they don't even know!

As for the price again, if you're going to spend 150+ on a nano, don't you want it to be protected and know that it is secure, rather than spend $10 only to lose the nano? That would be pretty crappy.

33Deckster.ca  - Page 3 Empty Re: Deckster.ca on Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:42 pm

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod
shabbs wrote:Yeah, those rubber ones look like they would not last too long. For the $$$ you spend on the Nano, you'd want something to protect it and that would last.

Bang on Shabbs!! Deckster.ca  - Page 3 85287

34Deckster.ca  - Page 3 Empty Re: Deckster.ca on Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:37 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
It's a decent product, but I don't see the overall need for a product like this. You could buy a Nano + a good watch for less than a Nano plus the 100 some bucks for this product. Why do I want to use my iPod as a watch?

Plus, they come out with different Nanos like every 2 years or even less, so they will have to keep making some to fit the new models.

35Deckster.ca  - Page 3 Empty Re: Deckster.ca on Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:58 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran
I echo Spader's thoughts that licensing is the way to go (I also agree with SSF about Apple users). At the end of the day, my guess is that they'll make some noise (it does look like an intriguing product) and be scooped out by Apple in a lucrative buy-out.

Good luck. There is nothing like entrepreneurship !!!

36Deckster.ca  - Page 3 Empty Re: Deckster.ca on Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:59 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran
shabbs wrote:Some competition...

The Notch: http://www.ubergizmo.com/2010/12/the-notch-converts-your-ipod-nano-into-a-watch/

iLoveHandles: http://ilovehandles.net/ (this one is $10)

Hex: http://www.highsnobiety.com/news/2010/11/06/hex-ipod-nano-watch-band/

And more...

shabbs wrote:Another: http://mashable.com/2010/11/19/tiktok-lunatik-kickstarter/

Very helpful; are you looking for a market research job? Sarcasm

37Deckster.ca  - Page 3 Empty Re: Deckster.ca on Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:52 pm

domcoballe

Prospect
Prospect
Hey guys/gals,

I am one of the 2 founders of the Deckster. First, I think it's pretty damn cool that our new product is being discussed on a hardcore hockey board. Some great comments and feedback.

When we set forth on this journey, we knew that there would be a deluge of similar products before and after us. There are some great designs out there and I am sure more great ones will come. Apple accessory ecosystem has a pretty slim window before the next form factor. The nano has a 2 year cycle. Companies have benefited well from this cycle. We aren't the first, which is a good thing in our case. If you think in the realm of other products such as cars, jeans, shoes, blu-ray players, frozen pizza, etc; different models with different features with different prices for different people. In regard to if one is better than the other, that depends on each person's opinion.

As a small company, we were really focused on keeping manufacturing and suppliers in North America. Even though it has proven to be a huge challenge and often 3 times more expensive, we feel really strong about supporting our economy and hopefully help (a little bit) in bringing manufacturing back to this side of the pond. They are some great small family owned manufacturers that need business. For example, our leather bands are hand made in a 120 yr old family owned leather company in Montreal. Up to 8 people will touch the leather bands, kind of unheard of in this era of automated assembly lines. The uniqueness of the tape deck feature is another part we're really proud of.

This along with the fact that we are only making small batches makes the price more expensive. There will never be a million Decksters on the market, not even close. We are targeting a niche market. As far as licensing, we know that knock-offs are a part of life today. We're not concerned with that, the patent is for licensing of other ideas that we have in the oven.

Bottom line, we're a small company trying to create something unique, fun and give enjoyment to their owners. We care about quality and craftsmanship, plain and simple.

Wow, that was a little longer than I was expecting for a comment. Thanks again for giving us some time here.

p.s. GO SENS GO!!!!.....in 2011/12.

38Deckster.ca  - Page 3 Empty Re: Deckster.ca on Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:18 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
Deckster.ca  - Page 3 555703 ^

Dom came by last night to give us some insight on their product. Please don't hesistate to submit more questions if you have some.

Thanks!

39Deckster.ca  - Page 3 Empty Re: Deckster.ca on Wed May 04, 2011 9:45 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
I'm back with more from Deckster!

We are again trying to get the word out as much as possible, they (Chrys & Dom founders of Deckster) have a video up on this website CKIE (international funding and pre-ordering platform) as well as options to help them out as backers if anyone is interested. Please help me get the word out on this and if you have friends or family or acquaintances that you think might be interested, please pass it along. We appreciate your help!

http://www.ckie.com/project/deckster-ipod-nano-time-piece

http://www.deckster.ca/ - updated product pics & information

If you "Like" this product on the CKIE website, you have a chance to win an iPad2! Deckster.ca  - Page 3 42833

40Deckster.ca  - Page 3 Empty Re: Deckster.ca on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:48 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
Deckster is on the front page of the Life section of the Citizen today.

41Deckster.ca  - Page 3 Empty Re: Deckster.ca on Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Great for you guys! Keep it up!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum