You are not connected. Please login or register

Marshy's Closed!

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Marshy's is out of business. Who to blame?

Marshy's Closed! Vote_lcap233%Marshy's Closed! Vote_rcap2 33% [ 2 ]
Marshy's Closed! Vote_lcap217%Marshy's Closed! Vote_rcap2 17% [ 1 ]
Marshy's Closed! Vote_lcap233%Marshy's Closed! Vote_rcap2 33% [ 2 ]
Marshy's Closed! Vote_lcap217%Marshy's Closed! Vote_rcap2 17% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Marshy's Closed! Empty Marshy's Closed! on Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:45 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
First, let me say, Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

http://ottawa.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20110127/OTT_Marshys_110127/20110127/?hub=OttawaHome

Who's to blame? The Gene? Bert? The Gene and Bert? You decide...

2Marshy's Closed! Empty Re: Marshy's Closed! on Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:32 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Sounds like the atmosphere and food went downhill...

3Marshy's Closed! Empty Re: Marshy's Closed! on Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:53 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Don't blame anybody but Marsh. Not Melynk's fault that Marsh didn't know how to run a restaurant in a less than stellar locations. Of course Melnyk would put in his own restaurant, it's his team.

4Marshy's Closed! Empty Re: Marshy's Closed! on Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:46 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
shabbs wrote:Sounds like the atmosphere and food went downhill...

Big Ev wrote:Don't blame anybody but Marsh. Not Melynk's fault that Marsh didn't know how to run a restaurant in a less than stellar locations. Of course Melnyk would put in his own restaurant, it's his team.

The last time I was there, the food and service were terrible. As much as I think Marshy is a stand-up guy, he's clearly not a great restaurateur. I wish him all the success in the world, but if he wants to run restaurants, he really needs to surround himself with restaurant people. At the very least, he'll need a manager that has enough control and knowledge to run the place the way it should be run.

5Marshy's Closed! Empty Re: Marshy's Closed! on Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:18 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
All I can say from experience, back in my college days at the Gonq, is that Marshy's was the spot to be on Thursday's for a lot of students (all you can eat wings for $9.99 and some sort of deal on a pitcher). The students would go there and have a lot of fun. Wings weren't bad for the price either. So I don't know what happened, I will just take your words for it.

6Marshy's Closed! Empty Re: Marshy's Closed! on Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:20 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Looks like we all agree that The Gene started Marshy's demise by mercilessly kicking him to the curb.

7Marshy's Closed! Empty Re: Marshy's Closed! on Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:16 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SeawaySensFan wrote:Looks like we all agree that The Gene started Marshy's demise by mercilessly kicking him to the curb.

Laugh1 That's called business.

8Marshy's Closed! Empty Re: Marshy's Closed! on Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:21 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
SeawaySensFan wrote:Looks like we all agree that The Gene started Marshy's demise by mercilessly kicking him to the curb.

Good point. Every single vote that has been cast indicates that that is a correct assessment.

9Marshy's Closed! Empty Re: Marshy's Closed! on Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:44 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran
Dash wrote:All I can say from experience, back in my college days at the Gonq, is that Marshy's was the spot to be on Thursday's for a lot of students (all you can eat wings for $9.99 and some sort of deal on a pitcher). The students would go there and have a lot of fun. Wings weren't bad for the price either. So I don't know what happened, I will just take your words for it.

How often were you going and how many wings/beers did you have? Maybe you played a bigger role keeping them in business than you thought ... Wink

10Marshy's Closed! Empty Re: Marshy's Closed! on Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:48 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
Haha, I doubt that. I don't drink, so there was no money in that for them from me, and I only ever ate there.... maybe 2 or 3 times in my life Razz

I just know that pretty much weekly, my classmates and other students would pack in there... obviously not enough to keep it in business. Mind you this was also 2004-06 and a lot has changed since then.

11Marshy's Closed! Empty Re: Marshy's Closed! on Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:57 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Big Ev wrote:

Laugh1 That's called business.

I know how business works and life in general for that matter. I'm sure we'll be reading about Marshy falling on hard times soon and we can all reflect on the dark day when The Gene set his demise in motion.

12Marshy's Closed! Empty Re: Marshy's Closed! on Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:03 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
spader wrote:

Good point. Every single vote that has been cast indicates that that is a correct assessment.

These polls are like shifting sand. I'm sure there will be wrong answers here and there.

13Marshy's Closed! Empty Re: Marshy's Closed! on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:27 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SeawaySensFan wrote:
spader wrote:

These polls are like shifting sand. I'm sure there will be wrong answers here and there.

It's almost as if the poll was rigged or something. Sarcasm

14Marshy's Closed! Empty Re: Marshy's Closed! on Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:21 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
spader wrote:

It's almost as if the poll was rigged or something. Sarcasm

Rigged to absolve Marshy of any responsibility?

Nah.

15Marshy's Closed! Empty Re: Marshy's Closed! on Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:29 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Source?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum