GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Alphabet soup + Anouncements! » Random Thoughts - NON Hockey talk » New Plasma TV

New Plasma TV

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 15]

121New Plasma TV - Page 9 Empty Re: New Plasma TV on Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:18 pm

Number Twenty Nine


Veteran
Veteran
I ended up getting the Sharp LC70LE650U. Nice TV and a huge improvement over my CRT RPTV.

I wanted the Sony 70R550a, but the store I bought from didn't have it in stock.

122New Plasma TV - Page 9 Empty Re: New Plasma TV on Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:51 pm

shabbs


Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Number Twenty Nine wrote:I ended up getting the Sharp LC70LE650U.  Nice TV and a huge improvement over my CRT RPTV.

I wanted the Sony 70R550a, but the store I bought from didn't have it in stock.
Nice! Welcome to the 70" club. It's a nice place...

Smile

123New Plasma TV - Page 9 Empty Re: New Plasma TV on Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:54 pm

TheAvatar


Veteran
Veteran
Damn. I'm still undecided. I thought brightness might be an issue so I had decided in favor of LED. Even narrowed it down to 2 models (Sony W900 or Samsung F8000) but my room (when we rebuild) probably won't be that bright and I watch TV mostly at night. So now, I'm thinking Plasma might be an option. Question then becomes : what is the best use of that $1700 ~ $2000.

124New Plasma TV - Page 9 Empty Re: New Plasma TV on Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:59 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
You won't regret plasma...I recommend getting a blu ray such as Disney wow to tweak your settings.

125New Plasma TV - Page 9 Empty Re: New Plasma TV on Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:28 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
PLASMA FTW!

Get them while you can.

No more from Panny after 2014.

So sad, so sad.

126New Plasma TV - Page 9 Empty Re: New Plasma TV on Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:07 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
TheAvatar wrote:Damn. I'm still undecided. I thought brightness might be an issue so I had decided in favor of LED. Even narrowed it down to 2 models (Sony W900 or Samsung F8000) but my room (when we rebuild) probably won't be that bright and I watch TV mostly at night. So now, I'm thinking Plasma might be an option. Question then becomes : what is the best use of that $1700 ~ $2000.

I would recommend getting a LG plasma for somewhere around $1000 and saving yourself the extra dough. I bought a 60" LG plasma two years ago (maybe three years ago now?) and it's been fantastic...cost me around $1200 at the time. If you're intent on getting the best of the best, go with Panasonic...not sure what's available in your price range from them currently.

127New Plasma TV - Page 9 Empty Re: New Plasma TV on Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:26 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You can get a 60" Panny Plamsa on sale now at 2001AudioVideo... the TC-P60ST60 for $1899.99.

http://www.2001audiovideo.com/en/catalog/product/144271-Panasonic-TC-P60ST60

Review here: http://reviews.plasmatvbuyingguide.com/panasonic-plasma-tv/panasonic-tcp60st60.html

Looks pretty good. 60" Plasma FTW!

128New Plasma TV - Page 9 Empty Re: New Plasma TV on Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:31 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
shabbs wrote:You can get a 60" Panny Plamsa on sale now at 2001AudioVideo... the TC-P60ST60 for $1899.99.

http://www.2001audiovideo.com/en/catalog/product/144271-Panasonic-TC-P60ST60

Review here: http://reviews.plasmatvbuyingguide.com/panasonic-plasma-tv/panasonic-tcp60st60.html

Looks pretty good. 60" Plasma FTW!

The Brick had them for half price.

129New Plasma TV - Page 9 Empty Re: New Plasma TV on Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:47 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:You can get a 60" Panny Plamsa on sale now at 2001AudioVideo... the TC-P60ST60 for $1899.99.

http://www.2001audiovideo.com/en/catalog/product/144271-Panasonic-TC-P60ST60

Review here: http://reviews.plasmatvbuyingguide.com/panasonic-plasma-tv/panasonic-tcp60st60.html

Looks pretty good. 60" Plasma FTW!

The Brick had them for half price.
That model? Link?

They do have the 55" version... but no price listed... hmmm... may be worth a look at the store.

http://www1.thebrick.com/brickb2c/jsp/catalog/product.jsp?id=TCP55ST60&navAction=jump&navCount=2

130New Plasma TV - Page 9 Empty Re: New Plasma TV on Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:51 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
shabbs wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:You can get a 60" Panny Plamsa on sale now at 2001AudioVideo... the TC-P60ST60 for $1899.99.

http://www.2001audiovideo.com/en/catalog/product/144271-Panasonic-TC-P60ST60

Review here: http://reviews.plasmatvbuyingguide.com/panasonic-plasma-tv/panasonic-tcp60st60.html

Looks pretty good. 60" Plasma FTW!

The Brick had them for half price.
That model? Link?

They do have the 55" version... but no price listed... hmmm... may be worth a look at the store.

http://www1.thebrick.com/brickb2c/jsp/catalog/product.jsp?id=TCP55ST60&navAction=jump&navCount=2

http://www.cp24.com/news/online-glitch-gives-brick-customers-50-per-cent-discount-but-price-cut-won-t-be-honoured-1.1610148

131New Plasma TV - Page 9 Empty Re: New Plasma TV on Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:57 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:You can get a 60" Panny Plamsa on sale now at 2001AudioVideo... the TC-P60ST60 for $1899.99.

http://www.2001audiovideo.com/en/catalog/product/144271-Panasonic-TC-P60ST60

Review here: http://reviews.plasmatvbuyingguide.com/panasonic-plasma-tv/panasonic-tcp60st60.html

Looks pretty good. 60" Plasma FTW!

The Brick had them for half price.
That model? Link?

They do have the 55" version... but no price listed... hmmm... may be worth a look at the store.

http://www1.thebrick.com/brickb2c/jsp/catalog/product.jsp?id=TCP55ST60&navAction=jump&navCount=2

http://www.cp24.com/news/online-glitch-gives-brick-customers-50-per-cent-discount-but-price-cut-won-t-be-honoured-1.1610148
Heh. Too bad it was not being honoured though.

132New Plasma TV - Page 9 Empty Re: New Plasma TV on Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:16 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
F the Brick, and F Mike Comrie's dad.

133New Plasma TV - Page 9 Empty Re: New Plasma TV on Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:16 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F LCD/LED TVs.

134New Plasma TV - Page 9 Empty Re: New Plasma TV on Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:52 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Dinosaur.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

135New Plasma TV - Page 9 Empty Re: New Plasma TV on Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:50 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I can't look at lcds anymore

136New Plasma TV - Page 9 Empty Re: New Plasma TV on Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:54 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Dell.ca has a 60" LG plasma $200 off -- $800, free shipping.
http://accessories.dell.com/sna/products/Video_Conferencing/productdetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&s=dhs&cs=cadhs1&sku=A6813436

Also the Sharp 70" and 80" LEDs are $700 off:
http://accessories.dell.com/sna/products/Video_Conferencing/productdetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&s=dhs&cs=cadhs1&sku=A6954158
http://accessories.dell.com/sna/products/Video_Conferencing/productdetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&s=dhs&cs=cadhs1&sku=A6939164


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

137New Plasma TV - Page 9 Empty Re: New Plasma TV on Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:06 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Dell.ca has a 60" LG plasma $200 off -- $800, free shipping.
http://accessories.dell.com/sna/products/Video_Conferencing/productdetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&s=dhs&cs=cadhs1&sku=A6813436

Also the Sharp 70" and 80" LEDs are $700 off:
http://accessories.dell.com/sna/products/Video_Conferencing/productdetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&s=dhs&cs=cadhs1&sku=A6954158
http://accessories.dell.com/sna/products/Video_Conferencing/productdetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&s=dhs&cs=cadhs1&sku=A6939164

That LG plasma is pretty much equivalent to what I have. Such good value.

138New Plasma TV - Page 9 Empty Re: New Plasma TV on Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:09 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This is the plasma you want...

http://www.panasonic.com/ca/consumer/viera-televisions/smart-viera-tvs/tc-p65zt60.html

Kuro who?

I. Must. Have. This.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum