Best long-term parking rates for Ottawa airport?

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 48187
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Best long-term parking rates for Ottawa airport?

Post by wprager on Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:53 pm

Prices used to be a lot lower the last time we went on vacation. I think we paid about $50 back then. And the other time we flew out of TO, stayed at a hotel overnight that let us park the car for two weeks. The room+parking was way cheaper than the prices I see now.

Park'N'Fly charges $59.75/week plus $11.95/day (if you go away for a week you will most likely park for a week plus a day). The airport charges $65 for the week and $14 for the extra day, but taxes are included. That's actually cheaper than Park'N'Fly. Park'N'Fly have an coupon online that will save you $6 that will bring it nearly $5 below the airport's price. Is $5 worth the hassle of printing out the coupon and remembering to bring it? Plus having to unload/load the luggage twice? Might save myself 10-15 minutes waiting for the shuttle, too (if not longer).

Any thoughts? Any other, better deals out there?

LethalLehner
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 783
    Registration date : 2008-08-26

Re: Best long-term parking rates for Ottawa airport?

Post by LethalLehner on Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:19 pm

I took a cab. Smile
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:31 pm

LethalLehner wrote:I took a cab. Smile

From Kanata the cab is about $75. Plus they'll charge a bit for all the luggage (there's six of us, and there may be extra charge because that).

jawal
    Rookie
    Rookie

Number of posts : 188
    Registration date : 2008-08-28

Post by jawal on Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:07 pm

I get a friend to pick up car, drive and park in my laneway and then put the car back in airport before flight arrives. In pre-texting days, car was left at designated area, usually the furthest from terminal. Now he texts me where the car is parked. Also I live in Ottawa so we are a lot closer to airport than Kanata.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:50 pm

jawal wrote:I get a friend to pick up car, drive and park in my laneway and then put the car back in airport before flight arrives. In pre-texting days, car was left at designated area, usually the furthest from terminal. Now he texts me where the car is parked. Also I live in Ottawa so we are a lot closer to airport than Kanata.

He drops the car off at the airport, but then what? How does he get back himself?

In any case, I've decided to just go to the long-term parking at the airport. It's a difference of about $5 but I don't have to unload from the van and load onto a shuttle, and I don't have to wait for the shuttle. The Park'n'Fly place offers a lighted parking lot and "security" but I think I'm safer at the airport, to tell the truth.

Almost packed. Just have a couple of loads going for some of the boys' socks/underwear, then pack up the tooth brushes and shaving kit tomorrow and just go. 10:10 departure but the b*stards want you there 3 hours ahead. Breakfast at Tim's in the airport, I guess.

dennycrane
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 2121
    Registration date : 2008-08-17

Post by dennycrane on Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:37 pm

http://www.parknfly.ca/ottawa/en/promotions.aspx

Can usually print off a coupon and save $5-$10.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:41 pm