GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 67]

Amnesia021

Rookie
Rookie
NEELY wrote:Is the state of Florida going to charge Kubina?

Probably not, They don't even know they have a hockey team Ahhhhh!

NEELY

Mod
Mod
Thank God for that, hockey is just becoming too violent to watch.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SeawaySensFan wrote:Reaction to Air Canada taking a stance on NHL violence.

Mr. Bettman wasn’t backing down.

“Air Canada is a great brand as is the National Hockey League and if they decide that they need to do other things with their sponsorship dollars, that’s their prerogative,” the commissioner said, when asked if he took the threat to pull sponsorship money seriously.

Instead, he fired off a counter-threat. “It is the prerogative of our clubs that fly on air Canada to make other arrangements if they don’t think Air Canada is giving them the appropriate level of service,” he said.

That is Cussing awesome. You won't find me giving Bettman too many props, but this is one time where it's justified.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Pacioretty is up and walking around today.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran
Apparently a non-starter for Air Canada financially. They bring in $35 million from teams and spend $35 million in NHL related sponsorship.

Bettman can react that way to one sponsor. If more join Air Canada, it could be very interesting.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Amnesia021 wrote:Kubina gets 3 games for an elbow to the head of Dave Bolland

Next up, the NHL will start suspending guys 5+ games for that. Minimum 5, maximum dependent on the severity. You can't take hitting out of the game, it's a HUGE part of it, but you can take headshots out by punishing them badly.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
SpezDispenser wrote:
Amnesia021 wrote:Kubina gets 3 games for an elbow to the head of Dave Bolland

Next up, the NHL will start suspending guys 5+ games for that. Minimum 5, maximum dependent on the severity. You can't take hitting out of the game, it's a HUGE part of it, but you can take headshots out by punishing them badly.

Yes, and in that video it shows that he clearly blindsided him with that elbow, not cool at all. He should've gotten more than 3 for that.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The Kubina suspension is a good one. Clear head shot, blind side. No question.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
22_4_ever wrote:
my problem isn't that they didn't suspend him, but for the record if you give him 1 game you set the precedence with the other players and send a message that it won't be tolerated, hockey play or not.

With that said, my problem was with Murphy's statement (and I paraphrase) that they took Chara's history into consideration. To me that opens Pandora's box. I could and do interpret that to mean that if it was Gilles that threw the hit, he would have been suspended because of his past. So either the hit is a suspension-able hit or it's not. From there you decide on how long based on the history of the player..etc.

Interesting take, even I was using Chara's exemplary record when defending the hit - and that shouldn't matter.
Don't they always use a player's history when assessing suspensions? Repeat offender etc....

Past history is used to determine the length of the suspension, which is correct. If a one-game suspension failed to incent someone enough to not repeat within a reasonable length of time, then the second time we'll double it.

This wasn't the case here. Umm, because we don't see anything wrong with it, we're not giving him anything. Now, if he was Matt Cooke, then we would have doubled the suspension to, let's see 0 x 2, umm, 0 games.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
Anyone watch the Van-SJ game? What a finish. TowelWave

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Screw the Leafs games tonight:

Thrashers beating the Devils
Hurricanes beating Washington

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
shabbs wrote:Screw the Leafs games tonight:

Thrashers beating the Devils
Hurricanes beating Washington

Drool

but a tall task as both devils and washington are hot hot hot

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Go Avs (whenever they play)!

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
unreal....the devils are one win away from getting into a 3-way tie for 10th place in East with Toronto and Atlanta, effectively putting them 4 points out of a playoff berth. Incredible, things are about to get more complicated in the east.

NEELY

Mod
Mod
I just feel bad for Elliott at this point. He's going to have to go back down to The AHL and really find his game again next year. Whatever he had last year he has totally lost. Amazing to think Leclaire ruined his own career and Elliotts in one false swoop.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
That's 5 straight losses as an Avanlanche for Elliott.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Screw Leafs games tonight:

Sabres beating the Leafs
Thrashers beating the Flyers
Rangers beating the Sharks
Hurricanes beating the Blue Jackets
New Jersey beating the Isles

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Michallica wrote:unreal....the devils are one win away from getting into a 3-way tie for 10th place in East with Toronto and Atlanta, effectively putting them 4 points out of a playoff berth. Incredible, things are about to get more complicated in the east.

Now take away the loser points and it's an even more incredible picture. They'd be tied with Carolina for points and ahead of them because of fewer losses (or fewer games played). They'd still be 8 points behind the Rangers, but only 4 behind Buffalo.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum