You are not connected. Please login or register

Prager's Brackets - 2011!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 12]

61Prager's Brackets - 2011! - Page 5 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets - 2011! on Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:08 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star
Diddle me I didn't realize I was that far back.....stupid Tampa and Philly really killed me with their comebacks

62Prager's Brackets - 2011! - Page 5 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets - 2011! on Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:18 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Michallica wrote:Diddle me I didn't realize I was that far back.....stupid Tampa and Philly really killed me with their comebacks

Don't worry. Big Ev's got you covered -- he's keeping a solid lock on last -- wait till you see his picks.

Which brings me to this. I'm waiting of course until puck drop for any and all picks. I've got 13 so far, including my own, so I'm hoping to get another 9 in the next 45 minutes or so. Something tells me I'll be putting in a few "home team in 7" picks in. But it's going to be a bit after 9 by the time I get around to it. Sorry.

63Prager's Brackets - 2011! - Page 5 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets - 2011! on Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:11 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Has puck dropped yet? I'm still missing 7.

64Prager's Brackets - 2011! - Page 5 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets - 2011! on Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:52 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
OK, spreadsheet has been updated with picks received. The ones in red are the ones I didn't receive -- all home team in 7. Which just might be a good pick.

You can all now look and marvel at Big Ev's picks -- he's calling for a home team sweep in each series. The way Vancouver is playing, he could be right.

Nah. He's got last place locked up.

65Prager's Brackets - 2011! - Page 5 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets - 2011! on Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:30 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:OK, spreadsheet has been updated with picks received. The ones in red are the ones I didn't receive -- all home team in 7. Which just might be a good pick.

You can all now look and marvel at Big Ev's picks -- he's calling for a home team sweep in each series. The way Vancouver is playing, he could be right.

maybe big EV is tanking? although in that case it would be better to pick the underdog to sweep

66Prager's Brackets - 2011! - Page 5 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets - 2011! on Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:55 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Nobody else called ONE sweep. Pansies!

67Prager's Brackets - 2011! - Page 5 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets - 2011! on Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:11 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:OK, spreadsheet has been updated with picks received. The ones in red are the ones I didn't receive -- all home team in 7. Which just might be a good pick.

I don't get why everyone is chirping Ev. Lots of time left.

68Prager's Brackets - 2011! - Page 5 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets - 2011! on Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:47 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
spader wrote:

I don't get why everyone is chirping Ev. Lots of time left.

Not everyone. Pretty much just me. He's in last place and I doubt picking the home team in sweeps is going to do much to make up ground. There was one sweep out of 8 series last round so and I doubt we see any in this one. Despite the loss last night, Nashville has Rinne in goal and he's going to steal one sooner or later. The other series just might go 7 each.

Anyhow, back to business. Checked my Inbox this morning and SpezD had his picks in, time-stamped 9:03, which is before puck-drop. I guess when I was checking at 10 past I forgot to refresh or something stupid like this. Bottom line, his picks will change when I get a chance to re-upload. (but don't worry, he picked Nashville heh-heh)

69Prager's Brackets - 2011! - Page 5 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets - 2011! on Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:01 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Hmm. The timestamp on the e-mail in my Inbox informing me of SD's PM says 10:03. Checking the timstamp on my post above, it says 5:47 (I was on "snooze" at 5:47). I'd say the site hasn't changed to Daylight Saving time yet. So SD was late. But he picked Nashville, who lost, in the only game action last night. Rules are rules, so if anyone objects, I'll give him the home-7 treatment.

70Prager's Brackets - 2011! - Page 5 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets - 2011! on Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:36 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
wprager wrote:Hmm. The timestamp on the e-mail in my Inbox informing me of SD's PM says 10:03. Checking the timstamp on my post above, it says 5:47 (I was on "snooze" at 5:47). I'd say the site hasn't changed to Daylight Saving time yet. So SD was late. But he picked Nashville, who lost, in the only game action last night. Rules are rules, so if anyone objects, I'll give him the home-7 treatment.
The time stamp to me shows 6:47. Have you updated your profile to reflect the right off-set for timezone? Check what is displaying for "current time" on the main page to confirm.

71Prager's Brackets - 2011! - Page 5 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets - 2011! on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:06 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:Hmm. The timestamp on the e-mail in my Inbox informing me of SD's PM says 10:03. Checking the timstamp on my post above, it says 5:47 (I was on "snooze" at 5:47). I'd say the site hasn't changed to Daylight Saving time yet. So SD was late. But he picked Nashville, who lost, in the only game action last night. Rules are rules, so if anyone objects, I'll give him the home-7 treatment.
The time stamp to me shows 6:47. Have you updated your profile to reflect the right off-set for timezone? Check what is displaying for "current time" on the main page to confirm.

Thanks, Shabbs. That was it. I was in Chicago, apparently. Not sure when (or why) it got changed.

72Prager's Brackets - 2011! - Page 5 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets - 2011! on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:24 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Poop. I never got my picks in last night. A combination of the power being on and off, watching my kid, and forgetting. Whoops. Anyway, home teams in 7 probably isn't a bad call.

I probably would've picked DET in 6, VAN in 5, WSH in 6, and PHI in 7, so I would've only gone against the home team in one series anyway, and, judging by the first round, my predictions on the # of games are horrible anyway.

73Prager's Brackets - 2011! - Page 5 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets - 2011! on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:30 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
just let people pick lol, I'm sure everybody had Vancouver anyway

74Prager's Brackets - 2011! - Page 5 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets - 2011! on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:33 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Big Ev wrote:just let people pick lol, I'm sure everybody had Vancouver anyway

Nah, that'd be Cussing with the rules...and there's no real reason why I didn't get my picks in on time anyway...I had all day.

75Prager's Brackets - 2011! - Page 5 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets - 2011! on Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:16 am

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran
No objection to submitting picks to series that have yet to start.

76Prager's Brackets - 2011! - Page 5 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets - 2011! on Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:55 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
dennycrane wrote:No objection to submitting picks to series that have yet to start.

Agreed.

77Prager's Brackets - 2011! - Page 5 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets - 2011! on Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:40 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I'll update late picks received for series that have not yet started. Sorry, SD, you're stuck with VAN7.

Cap'n, Flo, Hoags and M_Christopher, you can still get your picks in for the other series. Somehow I think Flo is not going to read this until 3AM, though.

78Prager's Brackets - 2011! - Page 5 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets - 2011! on Wed May 04, 2011 6:43 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Completely forgot that I had to upload the spreadsheet with the late picks (if you recall, I let tim1_2 and SpezD submit their picks for the series that had not yet started. They get the automatic VAN7 for the other one, which might be a pretty decent pick.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/955066/2011_PlayOffs_Pool.xls

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum