You are not connected. Please login or register

 » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » 2011 NHL Draft Lottery - Tue. April 12th - 8:00pm EST

2011 NHL Draft Lottery - Tue. April 12th - 8:00pm EST

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 22]

Hoags


All-Star
All-Star
Diddle this Dung.

I hate the Oilers and Steve Tankellini's stupid grinning face.

Ev


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:Weak. Strome or Huberdeu to the Sens (SD5)

Based on the rankings now it will be Strome or Couturier (hoping for the latter) Dancing

hemlock


All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:Weak. Strome or Huberdeu to the Sens (SD5)

Potentially neither. Huberdeau has skyrocketed up the rankings. Strome may or may not be there at 6. At this Cussing point, I'd rather trade down a few spots and take Zibanejad and an extra asset.

Murray will probably trade the 6th pick if both those guys are gone, for a Cussing defenseman knowing our luck.

Ottawa is easily the biggest loser on lottery day. Florida and Colorado (especially them) outright tanked and we get the shaft? Garbage.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran
Tabarnouche.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
hemlock wrote:
Big Ev wrote:So yeah, only change is Devils win the lottery so they get 4th and everyone from the Isles to the Thrashers move up one.

Except us, who move down a spot to 6th.

Pretty sure that's what I meant when I said EVERYONE for the Isles to the Thrashers (which is actually Columbus, my mistake). Smile

hemlock

hemlock
All-Star
All-Star
hemlock wrote:Diddle Diddle Diddle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I said this was going to happen. Nice tank job Murray. How good do those few extra wins in the past couple weeks feel now?


DIDDLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLE!


Bahaha I see someone manually filtered this Wink

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore
At first I was pissed, but then I thought it's not that bad. We really wanted RNH but unless we pick 1 or 2 we're not getting him. So picking 5th or 6th really meant a decision between Strome, Huberdeu or Couturier. I really believe Hamilton and Larsson will go in the top 5 and RNH will go 1 or 2.

That leaves Landeskog, Coutrier, Huberdeu and Strome for us to pick from. Not bad really.

EDIT
My point is that one of the 4 mentioned above will still be left for us.



Last edited by 22_4_ever on Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
hemlock wrote:Diddle Diddle Diddle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I said this was going to happen. Nice tank job Murray. How good do those few extra wins in the past couple weeks feel now?


DIDDLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLE!

All it would have taken was playing McElhinney *one* of those Florida games. Just *one* loss would have moved us past the Islanders, and if that loss was to Florida it would have pushed them ahead of us.

Mind you, that's only a difference between 3rd and 6th. Not the end of the world. I just hate that the Oilers are being rewarded for very bad management of assets.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Weak. Strome or Huberdeu to the Sens (SD5)

Based on the rankings now it will be Strome or Couturier (hoping for the latter) Dancing

Hard to see Couturier fall out of the top 5 IMO, but yeah thank God 5-7 are interchangeable somewhat.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
hemlock wrote:
hemlock wrote:Diddle Diddle Diddle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I said this was going to happen. Nice tank job Murray. How good do those few extra wins in the past couple weeks feel now?


DIDDLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLE!


Bahaha I see someone manually filtered this Wink

Sarcasm


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Couturier will be a Senator, book it. Exactly what we need, a #2 centre behind Spezza who plays both ends of the rink!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
22_4_ever wrote:At first I was pissed, but then I thought it's not that bad. We really wanted RNH but unless we pick 1 or 2 we're not getting him. So picking 5th or 6th really meant a decision between Strome, Huberdeu or Couturier. I really believe Hamilton and Larsson will go in the top 5 and RNH will go 1 or 2.

That leaves Landeskog, Coutrier, Huberdeu and Strome for us to pick from. Not bad really.

EDIT
My point is that one of the 4 mentioned above will still be left for us.

Could have had 3rd with just one strategic lineup change.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
hemlock wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Weak. Strome or Huberdeu to the Sens (SD5)

Potentially neither. Huberdeau has skyrocketed up the rankings. Strome may or may not be there at 6. At this Cussing point, I'd rather trade down a few spots and take Zibanejad and an extra asset.

Murray will probably trade the 6th pick if both those guys are gone, for a Cussing defenseman knowing our luck.

Ottawa is easily the biggest loser on lottery day. Florida and Colorado (especially them) outright tanked and we get the shaft? Garbage.

Yeah those wins won't mean much as momentum does not carry over from season to season, IMO.

hemlock

hemlock
All-Star
All-Star
22_4_ever wrote:At first I was pissed, but then I thought it's not that bad. We really wanted RNH but unless we pick 1 or 2 we're not getting him. So picking 5th or 6th really meant a decision between Strome, Huberdeu or Couturier. I really believe Hamilton and Larsson will go in the top 5 and RNH will go 1 or 2.

That leaves Landeskog, Coutrier, Huberdeu and Strome for us to pick from. Not bad really.

Remember last year? Defenseman dropped like stones. I'd say the only d-man in the top 5 that's a sure thing is Larsson, who I personally think the Oilers will take.

1. Larsson - Oilers
2. Landeskog/RNH - Colorado
3. Landeskog/RNH - Florida
4. Hamilton - Devils
5. Couturier - NYI

That's probably best case scenario right there for us. Still leaves us with Huberdeau or Strome. Still seems like a consolation prize considering the year we had to endure.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
JEEZUS Diddle!!!!!!

We moved down.

I can't believe this Cussing Dung!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Big Ev wrote:

Yeah those wins won't mean much as momentum does not carry over from season to season, IMO.

Definitely, it sucks, but at least we have a goalie who looks like he can stop a puck and some young guys who got a shot and looked good. Even if Greening and Condra and Butler fight for a spot in training camp it's still a nice boost to have depth in prospects - especially with NHL experience. If 2 of those guys can catch on and this experience helped a bit...

Silver lining, but that's all we have right now as Sens fans.

hemlock

hemlock
All-Star
All-Star
Man, Colorado could end up with Landeskog and Zibanejad.

Now THAT's getting it done. Add that to a former #1 overall pick in Johnson too.

Take some Cussing notes Murray. This is how a tear down and rebuild is done.

hemlock

hemlock
All-Star
All-Star
shabbs wrote:JEEZUS Diddle!!!!!!

We moved down.

I can't believe this Cussing Dung!

Yep, 3 or four less wins after the trade deadline and we'd be taking our pick of RNH/Landeskog. Now it looks like, barring a trade, that it's not even a remote possibility.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 22]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum