GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » 2011 World Championship Discussion

2011 World Championship Discussion

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 10]

1212011 World Championship Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion on Fri May 13, 2011 8:27 am

tim1_2


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
He was just one of those whacko Ruskies that ran back to Russia as soon as things didn't go his way. I don't know how much money he makes, but it's probably more than he would've made in the AHL when Ottawa demoted him.

Meh...people are free to make their choices, I suppose. And if you grew up in Russia, I guess you're used to living there anyway. I can't say I ever blame someone for returning to their homeland. God knows if I lived in a different country, I would be homesick for Canada.

1222011 World Championship Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion on Fri May 13, 2011 9:32 am

shabbs


Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Man... Russia has our number at this tourney of late eh? Frig.

1232011 World Championship Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion on Fri May 13, 2011 9:40 am

tim1_2


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
At least it's the least-important tourney. Which is why the Russians are good at it..heehee.

1242011 World Championship Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion on Fri May 13, 2011 10:21 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Russia is apparently pressing hard for Datsyuk to come play for them..

1252011 World Championship Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion on Fri May 13, 2011 11:56 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:He was just one of those whacko Ruskies that ran back to Russia as soon as things didn't go his way. I don't know how much money he makes, but it's probably more than he would've made in the AHL when Ottawa demoted him.

Meh...people are free to make their choices, I suppose. And if you grew up in Russia, I guess you're used to living there anyway. I can't say I ever blame someone for returning to their homeland. God knows if I lived in a different country, I would be homesick for Canada.

*I* grew up in Russia. Never been back, though. Probably something to add to the bucket list.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

1262011 World Championship Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion on Fri May 13, 2011 12:03 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:*I* grew up in Russia. Never been back, though. Probably something to add to the bucket list.

Was it as depressing as we are lead to believe?

1272011 World Championship Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion on Fri May 13, 2011 12:12 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:He was just one of those whacko Ruskies that ran back to Russia as soon as things didn't go his way. I don't know how much money he makes, but it's probably more than he would've made in the AHL when Ottawa demoted him.

Meh...people are free to make their choices, I suppose. And if you grew up in Russia, I guess you're used to living there anyway. I can't say I ever blame someone for returning to their homeland. God knows if I lived in a different country, I would be homesick for Canada.

*I* grew up in Russia. Never been back, though. Probably something to add to the bucket list.

In Soviet Russia the bucket list adds you. Whatever the hell that means.

1282011 World Championship Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion on Fri May 13, 2011 12:29 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SeawaySensFan wrote:
In Soviet Russia the bucket list adds you. Whatever the hell that means.

Ha! I just spat my lunch all over my computer. Well done!

Laugh1

1292011 World Championship Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion on Fri May 13, 2011 12:38 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:*I* grew up in Russia. Never been back, though. Probably something to add to the bucket list.

Was it as depressing as we are lead to believe?

I was 12. Spent the summers at our dacha with my dad (he was an artist, mostly doing children's books illustrations) while my mom worked in the city; we'd see her on weekends. Spent the days picking mushrooms, climbing trees, fishing, swimming, climbing trees, picking berries. Plus way out in the country we could pick up BBC Radio (signal would be jammed in the city). Back in the city, I lived literally across the street from the American Embassy, so I got to play with the American kids quite a bit. Invited a couple of them over to our apartment one time. Later was politely told by the building attendant to never do that again (apparently he had a little talk with some men in trench coats while we were upstairs).

It wasn't depressing at all for a 12 year old.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

1302011 World Championship Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion on Fri May 13, 2011 12:38 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:He was just one of those whacko Ruskies that ran back to Russia as soon as things didn't go his way. I don't know how much money he makes, but it's probably more than he would've made in the AHL when Ottawa demoted him.

Meh...people are free to make their choices, I suppose. And if you grew up in Russia, I guess you're used to living there anyway. I can't say I ever blame someone for returning to their homeland. God knows if I lived in a different country, I would be homesick for Canada.

*I* grew up in Russia. Never been back, though. Probably something to add to the bucket list.

In Soviet Russia the bucket list adds you. Whatever the hell that means.

I'm actually surprised Shabbs didn't beat you to it Smile


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

1312011 World Championship Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion on Fri May 13, 2011 1:10 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SeawaySensFan wrote:
In Soviet Russia the bucket list adds you. Whatever the hell that means.

Laughing3 Legitimately funny.

1322011 World Championship Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion on Fri May 13, 2011 1:18 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:He was just one of those whacko Ruskies that ran back to Russia as soon as things didn't go his way. I don't know how much money he makes, but it's probably more than he would've made in the AHL when Ottawa demoted him.

Meh...people are free to make their choices, I suppose. And if you grew up in Russia, I guess you're used to living there anyway. I can't say I ever blame someone for returning to their homeland. God knows if I lived in a different country, I would be homesick for Canada.

*I* grew up in Russia. Never been back, though. Probably something to add to the bucket list.

In Soviet Russia the bucket list adds you. Whatever the hell that means.

I'm actually surprised Shabbs didn't beat you to it Smile
Heh. Was out at the Beer Store.

Smile

1332011 World Championship Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion on Fri May 13, 2011 2:27 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Sweden advances to the Gold Medal game.

Will face winner of Russia/Finland semi final.

1342011 World Championship Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion on Fri May 13, 2011 4:12 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Finland up 3-0 in the third...

1352011 World Championship Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion on Fri May 13, 2011 6:12 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Check out Mikael Granlund's goal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTMwB_utAQE

1362011 World Championship Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion on Fri May 13, 2011 6:50 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Final: Finland 3-0 over Russia.

1372011 World Championship Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion on Fri May 13, 2011 6:56 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
tim1_2 wrote:Check out Mikael Granlund's goal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTMwB_utAQE

Oh man... Cherry just loves those moves... heh heh.

1382011 World Championship Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion on Fri May 13, 2011 11:54 pm

Guest


Guest
shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:He was just one of those whacko Ruskies that ran back to Russia as soon as things didn't go his way. I don't know how much money he makes, but it's probably more than he would've made in the AHL when Ottawa demoted him.

Meh...people are free to make their choices, I suppose. And if you grew up in Russia, I guess you're used to living there anyway. I can't say I ever blame someone for returning to their homeland. God knows if I lived in a different country, I would be homesick for Canada.

*I* grew up in Russia. Never been back, though. Probably something to add to the bucket list.

In Soviet Russia the bucket list adds you. Whatever the hell that means.

I'm actually surprised Shabbs didn't beat you to it Smile
Heh. Was out at the Beer Store.

Smile

When are you free for an intervention shabbs?

Oh Dung, are those supposed to be a surprise? Laugh1

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum