GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » All things PLAYOFFS! » All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011

All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 46 ... 61  Next

Go down  Message [Page 32 of 61]

466All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 32 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 on Sun May 22, 2011 6:55 pm

Hoags


All-Star
All-Star
Big Ev wrote:[
He fails as a person...that's a little harsh.

Yeah c'mon people he's a Cussing allstar show some respect Sarcasm

Demoted to the 3rd line Laughing3

467All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 32 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 on Sun May 22, 2011 7:12 pm

Ev


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hoags wrote:
Big Ev wrote:[
He fails as a person...that's a little harsh.

Yeah c'mon people he's a Cussing allstar show some respect Sarcasm

Demoted to the 3rd line Laughing3

Still shouldn't say he's a bad person. Just because he wanted a trade?

and really, SJ's third line has Pavelski on it. Doesn't mean Heatley isn't playing poorly, just saying their third line is not really a third line

468All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 32 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 on Sun May 22, 2011 8:15 pm

Hoags


All-Star
All-Star
Big Ev wrote:
Still shouldn't say he's a bad person. Just because he wanted a trade?

and really, SJ's third line has Pavelski on it. Doesn't mean Heatley isn't playing poorly, just saying their third line is not really a third line

Nothing wrong with a trade request, but he threw the Sens, Clouston and the fans under the bus. It's not the kind of move that gets you respect. I will never ever defend the guy, he's screwing over SJ just like he did Ottawa and Atlanta.

You look at the trend, he started out on the 1st line when he arrived in SJ (remember how he was going to score 60G with Thornton feeding him pucks ? Laugh1 ) then to the 2nd line and now the 3rd line.

Yes their 3rd line is stacked but he is cleared not consider a "go to" guy by McLellan (and rightfully so).

469All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 32 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 on Sun May 22, 2011 8:17 pm

sandysensfan


Veteran
Veteran
Big Ev wrote:
Hoags wrote:
Big Ev wrote:[
He fails as a person...that's a little harsh.

Yeah c'mon people he's a Cussing allstar show some respect Sarcasm

Demoted to the 3rd line Laughing3

Still shouldn't say he's a bad person. Just because he wanted a trade?

and really, SJ's third line has Pavelski on it. Doesn't mean Heatley isn't playing poorly, just saying their third line is not really a third line

Yes he demanded a trade BUT only to one team. The Sens could not win any trade that way. Wilson knew he had Murray over a barrel... and preceded with a salary dump of Cheecho so he could take Heatley's salary. The thing is Murray should have demanded a prospect as well. Heatley quit on the Sens and his teammates -- 1 yr after signing that large contract. His teammates more of less begged him to stay... he said no. I call that a selfish @@@@@@@.
Some say he did not like Clouston... well get a life, there were/are a lot of coaches in this league not liked by some of the players. But those players suck it up and play for their team and teammates... this guy didn't.
But hindsight... the Sens are lucky to be rid of him. Yeah it hurt the team in scoring depth.. but it also means 7.5M off of the cap by a player, if indications mean anything, that is starting to slow down. The game is much faster now, and Heatley is not the best skater...
By the way, Heatley IS more or less playing poorly. SJ is being carried 'by the kids' and Thornton. Marleau shows up now and then.. but that's about it.

470All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 32 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 on Sun May 22, 2011 9:46 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
sandysensfan wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
Hoags wrote:
Big Ev wrote:[
He fails as a person...that's a little harsh.

Yeah c'mon people he's a Cussing allstar show some respect Sarcasm

Demoted to the 3rd line Laughing3

Still shouldn't say he's a bad person. Just because he wanted a trade?

and really, SJ's third line has Pavelski on it. Doesn't mean Heatley isn't playing poorly, just saying their third line is not really a third line

Yes he demanded a trade BUT only to one team. The Sens could not win any trade that way. Wilson knew he had Murray over a barrel... and preceded with a salary dump of Cheecho so he could take Heatley's salary. The thing is Murray should have demanded a prospect as well. Heatley quit on the Sens and his teammates -- 1 yr after signing that large contract. His teammates more of less begged him to stay... he said no. I call that a selfish @@@@@@@.
Some say he did not like Clouston... well get a life, there were/are a lot of coaches in this league not liked by some of the players. But those players suck it up and play for their team and teammates... this guy didn't.
But hindsight... the Sens are lucky to be rid of him. Yeah it hurt the team in scoring depth.. but it also means 7.5M off of the cap by a player, if indications mean anything, that is starting to slow down. The game is much faster now, and Heatley is not the best skater...
By the way, Heatley IS more or less playing poorly. SJ is being carried 'by the kids' and Thornton. Marleau shows up now and then.. but that's about it.

I don't get this. I guarantee Murray asked for prospects. Wilson knew that BM wasn't in a position to be making demands. It's not like we didn't get a prospect simply because BM forgot to ask.

471All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 32 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 on Sun May 22, 2011 9:54 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Heatley's all used up. Can SJ move him this summer? Doubtful. Michalek would look great on that team right now, at least he can skate.

472All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 32 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:43 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:Heatley's all used up. Can SJ move him this summer? Doubtful. Michalek would look great on that team right now, at least he can skate.

It would be a wash, Michalek has no hockey sense whatsoever.

473All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 32 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:45 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
sandysensfan wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
Hoags wrote:
Big Ev wrote:[
He fails as a person...that's a little harsh.

Yeah c'mon people he's a Cussing allstar show some respect Sarcasm

Demoted to the 3rd line Laughing3

Still shouldn't say he's a bad person. Just because he wanted a trade?

and really, SJ's third line has Pavelski on it. Doesn't mean Heatley isn't playing poorly, just saying their third line is not really a third line

Yes he demanded a trade BUT only to one team. The Sens could not win any trade that way. Wilson knew he had Murray over a barrel... and preceded with a salary dump of Cheecho so he could take Heatley's salary. The thing is Murray should have demanded a prospect as well. Heatley quit on the Sens and his teammates -- 1 yr after signing that large contract. His teammates more of less begged him to stay... he said no. I call that a selfish @@@@@@@.
Some say he did not like Clouston... well get a life, there were/are a lot of coaches in this league not liked by some of the players. But those players suck it up and play for their team and teammates... this guy didn't.
But hindsight... the Sens are lucky to be rid of him. Yeah it hurt the team in scoring depth.. but it also means 7.5M off of the cap by a player, if indications mean anything, that is starting to slow down. The game is much faster now, and Heatley is not the best skater...
By the way, Heatley IS more or less playing poorly. SJ is being carried 'by the kids' and Thornton. Marleau shows up now and then.. but that's about it.

People should just get over it. Stop thinking about him, he's gone! If he wins a Cup it won't be because of his play, so just forget about it! ThumbsUp He's playing like Dung, so stop even mentioning him!

474All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 32 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:46 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hoags wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
Still shouldn't say he's a bad person. Just because he wanted a trade?

and really, SJ's third line has Pavelski on it. Doesn't mean Heatley isn't playing poorly, just saying their third line is not really a third line

Nothing wrong with a trade request, but he threw the Sens, Clouston and the fans under the bus. It's not the kind of move that gets you respect. I will never ever defend the guy, he's screwing over SJ just like he did Ottawa and Atlanta.

You look at the trend, he started out on the 1st line when he arrived in SJ (remember how he was going to score 60G with Thornton feeding him pucks ? Laugh1 ) then to the 2nd line and now the 3rd line.

Yes their 3rd line is stacked but he is cleared not consider a "go to" guy by McLellan (and rightfully so).

Still doesn't make him a bad person. It's hockey, it's a business.

475All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 32 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 on Mon May 23, 2011 8:49 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Eastern Conference Finals Game 5 goes tonight...

Lightning @ Bruins - 8:00pm ET - Series is tied 2-2 [CBC has the game]

Who gets the start in net for the Bolts? Boucher suggested he won't change the formula so expect Rollie to be in there.

476All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 32 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 on Mon May 23, 2011 8:56 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Canucks are going to be looking to close their series out on home ice on Tuesday... however, I have VAN in 7 in the pool.... come on 7-game series!

477All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 32 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 on Mon May 23, 2011 10:21 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
shabbs wrote:Canucks are going to be looking to close their series out on home ice on Tuesday... however, I have VAN in 7 in the pool.... come on 7-game series!

I have 'Nucks in 5. Come on Vancouver!!! (ugh, I just threw up in my mouth a little)


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

478All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 32 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 on Mon May 23, 2011 10:21 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
shabbs wrote:Eastern Conference Finals Game 5 goes tonight...

Lightning @ Bruins - 8:00pm ET - Series is tied 2-2 [CBC has the game]

Who gets the start in net for the Bolts? Boucher suggested he won't change the formula so expect Rollie to be in there.

I took Boston in 5. Guess that's not happening?


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

479All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 32 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 on Mon May 23, 2011 10:22 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:Canucks are going to be looking to close their series out on home ice on Tuesday... however, I have VAN in 7 in the pool.... come on 7-game series!

I have 'Nucks in 5. Come on Vancouver!!! (ugh, I just threw up in my mouth a little)
HA HA!

They may just win it all...

480All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 32 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 on Mon May 23, 2011 10:22 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:Eastern Conference Finals Game 5 goes tonight...

Lightning @ Bruins - 8:00pm ET - Series is tied 2-2 [CBC has the game]

Who gets the start in net for the Bolts? Boucher suggested he won't change the formula so expect Rollie to be in there.

I took Boston in 5. Guess that's not happening?
This one looks to be going 7 for sure... I got BOS in 7.

481All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 32 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 on Mon May 23, 2011 12:03 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Roloson first goalie off the ice for the Bolts today... suggesting he'll be starting, which should be no surprise. If he's not starting, I'll be surprised.

482All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 32 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 on Mon May 23, 2011 7:34 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Smith first out the gate for the Bolts... hmmmm...

483All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 32 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 on Mon May 23, 2011 7:49 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wonder of Rollie has an injury...

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 32 of 61]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 46 ... 61  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum