GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Breaking Rumours!! » Draft day speculation » Draft day trades and moves predictions.

Draft day trades and moves predictions.

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 13]

1Draft day trades and moves predictions.  Empty Draft day trades and moves predictions. on Sat May 07, 2011 4:27 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I thought that with the draft just a little a month away it might be fun to start our own speculations on what will happen on the floor.


I'll start: Mike Green to the CBJ against their 1st rounder and D Brassard and maybe more...

This deal is an obvious one for the CBJ as they land that #1 PMD they've been after, plus they've stated they're willing to part with their 1st. Both will still be RFA and lack a NTC. Ryan Johanson is expected to make the team this year.

From a caps perspective they need a shake up to their core, Mike Green's value is lower then it has been and he's somewhat expendable after the emergence of Carlson.
It's also believed that Arnott and Strum will not return with the caps leaving a spot own for Brassard. Who in turn wouldn't have to carry such a big load with his new team.

Makes sense?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
That's a hell of a wide spectrum. 30 teams, that many GMs (if not more), some 700 roster players and a couple hundred more to be drafted. I have trouble enough thinking about what the Sens may do, let alone the entire league.

I applaud you, but I'm afraid I cannot join you.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I meant this to be about what trades might happen on that day and who might try and move up.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Flo The Action wrote:I meant this to be about what trades might happen on that day and who might try and move up.

I realize that. I can barely think of what the Sens may try to do.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Another one I could see happening is IF Vancouver wins the cup this season Cory schneider could be moved on draft day. Colorado would be my first guess.
I think Philly might want to stick with Bobrovsky and that might be best given the don't own a 1st and vancouver would probably want something they don't want to part with.

Edmonton should make a play for him, they could dangle LA's 1st and a prospect for him.

Tampa might surprise a few and make an offer, they're getting good tending from Roloson but at his age for how long? The lack of an extention leaves me thinking Yzerman is planning something.

Now teams that probably won't make a play for him but should are:
NJ as Martin B is at the tail end of his career and would fill a much better role of tutor.
The Yotes since Bryz is bound to leave Pheonix since he has no desire to leave for Winipeg and even if the Yotes play another season in the desert nothing is guaranteed for the following one. There's also a lack of ready G prospects coming up.


The same things could be said about Bernier but IMO they'll keep him for now and continue evaluating Quick.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Would the Lightning have better luck with Vokoun? He's a free agent so nothing to give up, and he wouldn't even have to change his driver's license Smile


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

7Draft day trades and moves predictions.  Empty Re: Draft day trades and moves predictions. on Sun May 08, 2011 10:15 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Would the Lightning have better luck with Vokoun? He's a free agent so nothing to give up, and he wouldn't even have to change his driver's license Smile
Fair enough. Two things that could tip Schneider ahead of Vokoun:
1 age. Voukoun is arguably playing out his last few years. Sure he might play onto his forties but Schneider is just starting. In the case of Tampa, Yzerman said he is building a franchise so he is looking long term and this could fit his bill.

2 money. Schneider is making 900k next year and will probably not make more them 2-2.5 when his contract comes up (given he's in a situation where he's a #1) it's easy to imagine that any team is trying to stay under the cap as much as possible. Vokoun will probably go no lower then 3.5 with term or more on a shorter contract.

8Draft day trades and moves predictions.  Empty Re: Draft day trades and moves predictions. on Sun May 08, 2011 10:46 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Don't know about Draft Day, but a dude on Dobber who is connected to a Flyers official says they will put Carter, Hartnell, and Richards on the trade block.

9Draft day trades and moves predictions.  Empty Re: Draft day trades and moves predictions. on Sun May 08, 2011 10:48 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
and the Flyers will not bring back Boucher and will keep Bobrovsky as the backup, so they are looking for a starter.

10Draft day trades and moves predictions.  Empty Re: Draft day trades and moves predictions. on Sun May 08, 2011 11:38 am

sandysensfan


Veteran
Veteran
Big Ev wrote:Don't know about Draft Day, but a dude on Dobber who is connected to a Flyers official says they will put Carter, Hartnell, and Richards on the trade block.

Wow, I really can't see them getting rid of Richards.. Carter & Hartnell for sure...

11Draft day trades and moves predictions.  Empty Re: Draft day trades and moves predictions. on Sun May 08, 2011 11:49 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
sandysensfan wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Don't know about Draft Day, but a dude on Dobber who is connected to a Flyers official says they will put Carter, Hartnell, and Richards on the trade block.

Wow, I really can't see them getting rid of Richards.. Carter & Hartnell for sure...
Hartnell has an nmc so it might be tricky. Carter has an 11 year contract wi
Which at 5 mill a season can be viewed as a bargain or if he turns injury prone a nightmare... Richards won't be dealt, IMO that would be a dumb move. I believe Holmgreb could work a trade out but I'm not sure he will.

12Draft day trades and moves predictions.  Empty Re: Draft day trades and moves predictions. on Sun May 08, 2011 12:09 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
Calgary's gonna try to be active. I'd expect to see some deals in place waiting on NMC waives. They need to shake up that team something fierce. I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple bodies moving out of Cow-town.

13Draft day trades and moves predictions.  Empty Re: Draft day trades and moves predictions. on Sun May 08, 2011 12:11 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
Big Ev wrote:and the Flyers will not bring back Boucher and will keep Bobrovsky as the backup, so they are looking for a starter.

My money says the Bryz will be on Broad Street come July 1. Nod

14Draft day trades and moves predictions.  Empty Re: Draft day trades and moves predictions. on Sun May 08, 2011 12:12 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran
I can't see Philly not finally addressing the goaltending. Would you trade Schneider or Luongo? The Canucks have cap issues so trading Luongo would make sense from that POV. Giroux ++ for Luongo? I'd think about it.

15Draft day trades and moves predictions.  Empty Re: Draft day trades and moves predictions. on Sun May 08, 2011 12:15 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Would the Lightning have better luck with Vokoun? He's a free agent so nothing to give up, and he wouldn't even have to change his driver's license Smile
Fair enough. Two things that could tip Schneider ahead of Vokoun:
1 age. Voukoun is arguably playing out his last few years. Sure he might play onto his forties but Schneider is just starting. In the case of Tampa, Yzerman said he is building a franchise so he is looking long term and this could fit his bill.

2 money. Schneider is making 900k next year and will probably not make more them 2-2.5 when his contract comes up (given he's in a situation where he's a #1) it's easy to imagine that any team is trying to stay under the cap as much as possible. Vokoun will probably go no lower then 3.5 with term or more on a shorter contract.

Schneider to TBL? That's interesting. It's definitely possible, but the 'Nucks will be negotiating from a position of strength since they don't have to move him. I could see that trade happening, but I could also see TBL balking at whatever Van demanded.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 13]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum