You are not connected. Please login or register

 » Breaking Rumours!! » Draft day speculation » Draft day trades and moves predictions.

Draft day trades and moves predictions.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 13]

166Draft day trades and moves predictions.  - Page 12 Empty Re: Draft day trades and moves predictions. on Fri May 13, 2011 9:19 pm

Vandelay


Sophomore
Sophomore
Big Ev wrote:
Vandelay wrote:
Big Ev wrote:We will be drafting Huberdeau or Cooter. Book it.

Doesn't sound like Huberdeau will be an option. Good chance he goes top three. Haven't seen him play personally but by all accounts he's tearing it up...which sucks cause he would fit in so nicely as our second line center.

I'd rather him play wing if he likes it better (he's played wing all year I believe).


I really have no idea. I see he's listed as a center on hockeydb and the reports I get are from the team1200...they had someone on there mid-week for an interview and the guy was absolutely in love with Huberdeau.

I'm at the point now where I think it's useless for us to try to move up in the draft. The expected draft order switches almost on a daily basis. One thing I will say is I'd much rather go with a guy that is still developing with more potential upside (Strome/Huberdeau) as apposed to a more fully developed guy. I know it's tempting given the team's current state to go after a guy like Landeskog that can add something right away but if he's projected as third line on a decent team, I don't see how that helps this team...just makes us the leafs- maybe making us mildly better and moving us up in the standings but not even close to being a real contender....in the end, Murray knows best and I'm sure they have their guy picked out and will do what's needed to get him.

167Draft day trades and moves predictions.  - Page 12 Empty Re: Draft day trades and moves predictions. on Fri May 13, 2011 10:43 pm

Flo The Action


All-Star
All-Star
Vandelay wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
Vandelay wrote:
Big Ev wrote:We will be drafting Huberdeau or Cooter. Book it.

Doesn't sound like Huberdeau will be an option. Good chance he goes top three. Haven't seen him play personally but by all accounts he's tearing it up...which sucks cause he would fit in so nicely as our second line center.

I'd rather him play wing if he likes it better (he's played wing all year I believe).


I really have no idea. I see he's listed as a center on hockeydb and the reports I get are from the team1200...they had someone on there mid-week for an interview and the guy was absolutely in love with Huberdeau.

I'm at the point now where I think it's useless for us to try to move up in the draft. The expected draft order switches almost on a daily basis. One thing I will say is I'd much rather go with a guy that is still developing with more potential upside (Strome/Huberdeau) as apposed to a more fully developed guy. I know it's tempting given the team's current state to go after a guy like Landeskog that can add something right away but if he's projected as third line on a decent team, I don't see how that helps this team...just makes us the leafs- maybe making us mildly better and moving us up in the standings but not even close to being a real contender....in the end, Murray knows best and I'm sure they have their guy picked out and will do what's needed to get him.
agreed. maximum upside is what we should be looking for.
come on BM move up for huberdeau.

168Draft day trades and moves predictions.  - Page 12 Empty Re: Draft day trades and moves predictions. on Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:18 am

Flo The Action


All-Star
All-Star
I'd like to make a new one. since the heatsoff a little bit off of the capitals back Mike Green might not be heading anywhere. But I still see CBJ try and bolster their defense. the obvious place to look is philadelphia. Matt carle is a very good candidate to be moved and with only one year remaining left on his contract he'd come at a moderate price. which is? i'm not sure.
It's being rumored in many places that Howson is willing to move the 8th overall and is trying to make his club competitive to make the playoffs.
I'm not saying he'll move the 8th for Carle but there could be a multi-player and pick swap.

169Draft day trades and moves predictions.  - Page 12 Empty Re: Draft day trades and moves predictions. on Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:29 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
maybe say Matt Carle + Versteeg
for the 8th overall + filatov?
Versteeg got traded for a much lower 1st rounder. Filtov would be better protected in the flyers system and need be could play the whole season in the AHL. Realisticaly he could take zerdev's place.

maybe???

170Draft day trades and moves predictions.  - Page 12 Empty Re: Draft day trades and moves predictions. on Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:06 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
They're not trading Versteeg, apparently.

It's Carter and Richards who they are looking to deal.

171Draft day trades and moves predictions.  - Page 12 Empty Re: Draft day trades and moves predictions. on Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:40 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
Big Ev wrote:They're not trading Versteeg, apparently.

It's Carter and Richards who they are looking to deal.
I've read the opposite but who knows really... I'm not entirely sure Holmgerb knows what he's doing at all times. He's either brilliant or completely mad. maybe he's rollin' dices.

172Draft day trades and moves predictions.  - Page 12 Empty Re: Draft day trades and moves predictions. on Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:47 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
Apparently some people on Dobber Hockey are convinced the owner wants Richards and Carter dealt. I found this interesting:

Jeff Carter's 11-year, $58-million US extension kicks in next season. Under the current CBA, you cannot receive a no-trade clause until you are a Group III free agent (at least 27 with seven years experience). That's why Carter's NTC doesn't begin until the 2012-13 season. When he signed, there was an understanding he wouldn't be dealt beforehand. Would Philadelphia violate that? Mike Gartner claimed Toronto did in 1996.

173Draft day trades and moves predictions.  - Page 12 Empty Re: Draft day trades and moves predictions. on Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:53 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
Hoags wrote:Apparently some people on Dobber Hockey are convinced the owner wants Richards and Carter dealt. I found this interesting:

Jeff Carter's 11-year, $58-million US extension kicks in next season. Under the current CBA, you cannot receive a no-trade clause until you are a Group III free agent (at least 27 with seven years experience). That's why Carter's NTC doesn't begin until the 2012-13 season. When he signed, there was an understanding he wouldn't be dealt beforehand. Would Philadelphia violate that? Mike Gartner claimed Toronto did in 1996.
wtf is going on in philly... 2 years ago richards was gold. now this? i've always said that were there's smoke there's a fire but maybe some people are having fun with this? maybe not... who knows. we'll sure find out probably before the end of the weekend.

174Draft day trades and moves predictions.  - Page 12 Empty Re: Draft day trades and moves predictions. on Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:59 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
It's from a legit source that says both Richards and Carter are being shopped. They are both wanted out by the owner.

Although the person relaying the info thinks Richards is the least likely to get dealt.

175Draft day trades and moves predictions.  - Page 12 Empty Re: Draft day trades and moves predictions. on Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:07 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
Big Ev wrote:It's from a legit source that says both Richards and Carter are being shopped. They are both wanted out by the owner.

Although the person relaying the info thinks Richards is the least likely to get dealt.

I wonder if Holmgren gets sacked if he doesn't deal one or both of them ? (like the Muckler and Gary Roberts fiasco).

176Draft day trades and moves predictions.  - Page 12 Empty Re: Draft day trades and moves predictions. on Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:15 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
Big Ev wrote:It's from a legit source that says both Richards and Carter are being shopped. They are both wanted out by the owner.

Although the person relaying the info thinks Richards is the least likely to get dealt.
so we're not stuck with the only meddling owner... Richards should fetch the stars and maybe the dark side of the moon.
Let me predict this, Philly is slowly on the decline... lookout for Briere to suffer another injury and we'll see how fast they would of retracted dealing away these players...

177Draft day trades and moves predictions.  - Page 12 Empty Re: Draft day trades and moves predictions. on Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:05 pm

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore
With the news of the cap going up to 64 million (more than people originally expected), I wonder if that alters any plans Philly has to trade key personelle. Right now with a 64 million dollar cap, Philly has just over 5 million in space, and if you assume they put Bobrovsky in the minors then they would have 6.75 million in cap space. That really means they wouldn't have to clear that much to afford Bryzgalov. They still need 2 more forwards, but really they only need to clear about 3 million in space tops.

All my calcs were done using capgeek as the source of the numbers, and I looked quickly so someone may want to verify. If I am right or even close, then it may alter their game plan, especially when next year Carle and Coburn come off the cap saving another 6.4 million alone.

178Draft day trades and moves predictions.  - Page 12 Empty Re: Draft day trades and moves predictions. on Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:12 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
22_4_ever wrote:With the news of the cap going up to 64 million (more than people originally expected), I wonder if that alters any plans Philly has to trade key personelle. Right now with a 64 million dollar cap, Philly has just over 5 million in space, and if you assume they put Bobrovsky in the minors then they would have 6.75 million in cap space. That really means they wouldn't have to clear that much to afford Bryzgalov. They still need 2 more forwards, but really they only need to clear about 3 million in space tops.

All my calcs were done using capgeek as the source of the numbers, and I looked quickly so someone may want to verify. If I am right or even close, then it may alter their game plan, especially when next year Carle and Coburn come off the cap saving another 6.4 million alone.

They'd have to be replaced, though. Does Philly have any blue-chip D prospects to step in on a cheap contract?

179Draft day trades and moves predictions.  - Page 12 Empty Re: Draft day trades and moves predictions. on Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:24 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
spader wrote:
22_4_ever wrote:With the news of the cap going up to 64 million (more than people originally expected), I wonder if that alters any plans Philly has to trade key personelle. Right now with a 64 million dollar cap, Philly has just over 5 million in space, and if you assume they put Bobrovsky in the minors then they would have 6.75 million in cap space. That really means they wouldn't have to clear that much to afford Bryzgalov. They still need 2 more forwards, but really they only need to clear about 3 million in space tops.

All my calcs were done using capgeek as the source of the numbers, and I looked quickly so someone may want to verify. If I am right or even close, then it may alter their game plan, especially when next year Carle and Coburn come off the cap saving another 6.4 million alone.

They'd have to be replaced, though. Does Philly have any blue-chip D prospects to step in on a cheap contract?

No need. That douchebag, Pronger, is so awesome he can play the whole game by himself. Just ask him.

Philly should be fine once they trim some salary. The increased cap certainly helps.

180Draft day trades and moves predictions.  - Page 12 Empty Re: Draft day trades and moves predictions. on Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:50 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
SeawaySensFan wrote:
spader wrote:
22_4_ever wrote:With the news of the cap going up to 64 million (more than people originally expected), I wonder if that alters any plans Philly has to trade key personelle. Right now with a 64 million dollar cap, Philly has just over 5 million in space, and if you assume they put Bobrovsky in the minors then they would have 6.75 million in cap space. That really means they wouldn't have to clear that much to afford Bryzgalov. They still need 2 more forwards, but really they only need to clear about 3 million in space tops.

All my calcs were done using capgeek as the source of the numbers, and I looked quickly so someone may want to verify. If I am right or even close, then it may alter their game plan, especially when next year Carle and Coburn come off the cap saving another 6.4 million alone.

They'd have to be replaced, though. Does Philly have any blue-chip D prospects to step in on a cheap contract?

No need. That douchebag, Pronger, is so awesome he can play the whole game by himself. Just ask him.

Philly should be fine once they trim some salary. The increased cap certainly helps.

I wonder if we could sway them with Wiercioch, 21st overall, and Foligno for Carter. Realistically they need cap relief, and a defensive prospect.

181Draft day trades and moves predictions.  - Page 12 Empty Re: Draft day trades and moves predictions. on Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:24 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
6th, 21st, 35th, Chicago's 2nd rounder, Boston's 2nd rounder, Foligno, Wiercioch for Richards AND Carter?

182Draft day trades and moves predictions.  - Page 12 Empty Re: Draft day trades and moves predictions. on Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:36 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:6th, 21st, 35th, Chicago's 2nd rounder, Boston's 2nd rounder, Foligno, Wiercioch for Richards AND Carter?

Done.

183Draft day trades and moves predictions.  - Page 12 Empty Re: Draft day trades and moves predictions. on Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:47 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:6th, 21st, 35th, Chicago's 2nd rounder, Boston's 2nd rounder, Foligno, Wiercioch for Richards AND Carter?

Done.

Those are a lot of picks you're forfeiting though.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum