GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Breaking Rumours!! » Member's Story breakers! » Derek Boogard passes away

Derek Boogard passes away

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Derek Boogard passes away - Page 2 Empty Re: Derek Boogard passes away on Sat May 14, 2011 8:24 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Did he play again after Carkner fought him? If it's concussion-related this is going to tough on Carkner, too.

it cannot be a direct link to concussions as death from concussions happen after a relative short period of time after the injury. not months after. but prolonged activities which result in concussions have many long term problems for patients. loads of wrestlers have these sort of problems. it could of caused a depression and then that leads to other things.
until further information is knowned i would be very careful to start linking it to certain events in particular.
Yeah, we'll have to wait for the autopsy... it could be anything...

17Derek Boogard passes away - Page 2 Empty Re: Derek Boogard passes away on Sat May 14, 2011 10:42 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Damien Cox has hit a new low... he tweets about the Boogaard death and then his next tweet is about the injury from the Carkner fight, subtly suggesting they are linked. He then runs away from the criticism saying "let's wait for the autopsy results" etc... Careless tweeting there by Damo. Very poor.

18Derek Boogard passes away - Page 2 Empty Re: Derek Boogard passes away on Sat May 14, 2011 11:15 am

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:Did he play again after Carkner fought him? If it's concussion-related this is going to tough on Carkner, too.

I don't believe he did... I hope it was not concussion related.
My husband heard reports that he had depression as well.

No matter how it happened.. this is tragic. My condolences to his family, friends, teammates.

19Derek Boogard passes away - Page 2 Empty Re: Derek Boogard passes away on Sat May 14, 2011 11:17 am

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran
shabbs wrote:Damien Cox has hit a new low... he tweets about the Boogaard death and then his next tweet is about the injury from the Carkner fight, subtly suggesting they are linked. He then runs away from the criticism saying "let's wait for the autopsy results" etc... Careless tweeting there by Damo. Very poor.

Another roundabout way to trash the Sens by these 'Toronto' reporters.

He should have just not said anything UNTIL the autopsy has been completed. The family may too insist it be kept private... so we may never know.

20Derek Boogard passes away - Page 2 Empty Re: Derek Boogard passes away on Sat May 14, 2011 11:18 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
Blows to the head is key here...as Flo mentioned, this has been very common in wrestling. But that, mixed in with heavy medication abuse, is usually the cause but it happens at later ages, like late 30s to mid 40s. Boogard is waay too young to just die because of blows to the head.

21Derek Boogard passes away - Page 2 Empty Re: Derek Boogard passes away on Sat May 14, 2011 11:28 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
People can speculate as much as they want and there's no point to it at all. There's no good trying to guess what lead to or caused his death.

22Derek Boogard passes away - Page 2 Empty Re: Derek Boogard passes away on Sat May 14, 2011 7:20 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
sandysensfan wrote:

I don't believe he did... I hope it was not concussion related.
My husband heard reports that he had depression as well.

No matter how it happened.. this is tragic. My condolences to his family, friends, teammates.

He didn't play again but he also had a shoulder injury.

23Derek Boogard passes away - Page 2 Empty Re: Derek Boogard passes away on Sat May 14, 2011 7:25 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
He was in the NHL's Behavioural Problem/ Substance Abuse Program at the time he died.

24Derek Boogard passes away - Page 2 Empty Re: Derek Boogard passes away on Sat May 14, 2011 7:36 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I won't lie, I thought the same thing, but as Big Ev said, he was in the NHL substance abuse program - and that could have been a big time contributing factor.

25Derek Boogard passes away - Page 2 Empty Re: Derek Boogard passes away on Sat May 14, 2011 8:01 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
Big Ev wrote:He was in the NHL's Behavioural Problem/ Substance Abuse Program at the time he died.

How do you know? I never heard that and have not seen it mentioned. If it was common knowledge why aren't media reporting that as a possible COD?

26Derek Boogard passes away - Page 2 Empty Re: Derek Boogard passes away on Sat May 14, 2011 8:15 pm

wprager wrote:Depression, headaches which may lead to dependency on medication. Reminds me of John Kordic who died at 27, but probably different circumstances.

I thought he died in a motel of cardiac arrest due to cocaine use, didn't he?

27Derek Boogard passes away - Page 2 Empty Re: Derek Boogard passes away on Sat May 14, 2011 9:20 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
hemlock wrote:
wprager wrote:Depression, headaches which may lead to dependency on medication. Reminds me of John Kordic who died at 27, but probably different circumstances.

I thought he died in a motel of cardiac arrest due to cocaine use, didn't he?

Kordic? He died on the way to the hospital after a tussle with the cops who were called in to his motel room. By that point in time he had probably destroyed his body with booze, cocaine and steroids. His lungs were already filling with water, he had trouble breathing and that's when he called for help. But he was disoriented and starting arguing/fighting, the cops were called in and it took 9 of them to restrain him.

28Derek Boogard passes away - Page 2 Empty Re: Derek Boogard passes away on Sat May 14, 2011 10:18 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Dash wrote:
Big Ev wrote:He was in the NHL's Behavioural Problem/ Substance Abuse Program at the time he died.

How do you know? I never heard that and have not seen it mentioned. If it was common knowledge why aren't media reporting that as a possible COD?

Forgot the source. Larry Brooks tweeted it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum