GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 54 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 42 of 67]

616Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 42 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! on Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:07 pm

NEELY


Mod
Mod
Murray is 100% signing a backup man... might as well call it 3.

617Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 42 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! on Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:42 pm

spader


All-Star
All-Star
NEELY wrote:Murray is 100% signing a backup man... might as well call it 3.

Ya. Again, my point is that we need to address goaltending. Of course he's signing someone. 3 goalies spread over 2 teams isn't all that much better than 2. If one goalie goes down, we're Cussed. We need some bodies.

618Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 42 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! on Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:45 pm

NEELY


Mod
Mod
spader wrote:
NEELY wrote:Murray is 100% signing a backup man... might as well call it 3.

Ya. Again, my point is that we need to address goaltending. Of course he's signing someone. 3 goalies spread over 2 teams isn't all that much better than 2. If one goalie goes down, we're Cussed. We need some bodies.

If Anderson goes down, for sure they are screwed. Even if they draft a guy there is a 0% chance they would be coming into the organization for 2, maybe 3 or 4 years. Going out and signing a guy out of Jr, College, or Europe is way better than drafting a total unknown.

619Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 42 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! on Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:47 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Bergfors won't be qualified by Florida. He'll be a UFA, how far did this kid fall?

620Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 42 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! on Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:52 pm

NEELY


Mod
Mod
SpezDispenser wrote:Bergfors won't be qualified by Florida. He'll be a UFA, how far did this kid fall?

Like Filatov, he's been part of crap organizations. He was pretty good in NJ but they made a move. Playing on losing teams, with bad systems, and with basically no fans wears on a kid. Definatly a player Ottawa might want to look at come July 1. No risk, high reward, but we'll see.

621Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 42 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! on Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:52 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
NEELY wrote:
spader wrote:
NEELY wrote:Murray is 100% signing a backup man... might as well call it 3.

Ya. Again, my point is that we need to address goaltending. Of course he's signing someone. 3 goalies spread over 2 teams isn't all that much better than 2. If one goalie goes down, we're Cussed. We need some bodies.

If Anderson goes down, for sure they are screwed. Even if they draft a guy there is a 0% chance they would be coming into the organization for 2, maybe 3 or 4 years. Going out and signing a guy out of Jr, College, or Europe is way better than drafting a total unknown.

Facepalm How is that relevant? How many different ways do I need to say this? It doesn't matter how they get people into the fold (be it draft, sign, trade, shipped via ups) THEY NEED SOME BODIES. They need a backup in Ottawa, need a backup in Btown (unless Brust signed an extension, he was on a one-year), and they need a depth guy to play in Elmira. No team is going to be in a healthy situation with 2, 3, or even 4 goalies. We have 2 right now.

622Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 42 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! on Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:54 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Yup I agree with spader. Look at the Preds. They didn't need goaltending, and they drafted Magnus Hellberg. They have like 8 prospects now.

623Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 42 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! on Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:57 pm

NEELY


Mod
Mod
spader wrote:
NEELY wrote:
spader wrote:
NEELY wrote:Murray is 100% signing a backup man... might as well call it 3.

Ya. Again, my point is that we need to address goaltending. Of course he's signing someone. 3 goalies spread over 2 teams isn't all that much better than 2. If one goalie goes down, we're Cussed. We need some bodies.

If Anderson goes down, for sure they are screwed. Even if they draft a guy there is a 0% chance they would be coming into the organization for 2, maybe 3 or 4 years. Going out and signing a guy out of Jr, College, or Europe is way better than drafting a total unknown.

Facepalm How is that relevant? How many different ways do I need to say this? It doesn't matter how they get people into the fold (be it draft, sign, trade, shipped via ups) THEY NEED SOME BODIES. They need a backup in Ottawa, need a backup in Btown (unless Brust signed an extension, he was on a one-year), and they need a depth guy to play in Elmira. No team is going to be in a healthy situation with 2, 3, or even 4 goalies. We have 2 right now.

My point is no goalie they draft would help the organzation for 2 years minimum. They will sign goalies, there shouldn't be a debate about it.

624Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 42 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! on Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:58 pm

NEELY


Mod
Mod
Big Ev wrote:Yup I agree with spader. Look at the Preds. They didn't need goaltending, and they drafted Magnus Hellberg. They have like 8 prospects now.

That's fine, different stroke for different folks. How many teams in the final 4 this year drafted their goaltenders? How many teams right now have starting goalies they drafted? More than 1/2 of the teams didn't draft their goaltenders.

625Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 42 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! on Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:04 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Yup I agree with spader. Look at the Preds. They didn't need goaltending, and they drafted Magnus Hellberg. They have like 8 prospects now.

That's fine, different stroke for different folks. How many teams in the final 4 this year drafted their goaltenders? How many teams right now have starting goalies they drafted? More than 1/2 of the teams didn't draft their goaltenders.

Remember that time you were arguing but paid absolutely no attention to the argument that you were working against? It was right now. I've said in 3 or 4 posts that it doesn't matter where the goalies come from, just that we need bodies.

626Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 42 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! on Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:04 pm

cash


Sophomore
Sophomore
SpezDispenser wrote:Bergfors won't be qualified by Florida. He'll be a UFA, how far did this kid fall?

That's a kid worth looking at.

627Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 42 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! on Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:08 pm

NEELY


Mod
Mod
spader wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Yup I agree with spader. Look at the Preds. They didn't need goaltending, and they drafted Magnus Hellberg. They have like 8 prospects now.

That's fine, different stroke for different folks. How many teams in the final 4 this year drafted their goaltenders? How many teams right now have starting goalies they drafted? More than 1/2 of the teams didn't draft their goaltenders.

Remember that time you were arguing but paid absolutely no attention to the argument that you were working against? It was right now. I've said in 3 or 4 posts that it doesn't matter where the goalies come from, just that we need bodies.

I know, I have agreed the entire time with that. I'm just explaining my thoughts on it, not making an argument.

628Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 42 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! on Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:22 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
asq2 wrote:So if it's been posted I apologize, and I don't know how legit Sensay is, but, in regards to Zibanejad:

UPDATE – From a source within the Senators, this pick came highly recommended from a trusted Swedish source, who, as he has said (correctly) in the past, swore this player would not just surprise, but downright dominate in the NHL. And I quote “This former scout insists this kid is the best Swedish player in the draft, including Landskog, in every aspect, from leadership to physicality to skill. I know this pick was a shock to many, but the Sens truly took the player they wanted, and that’s why they didn’t risk trading down. Only time will tell, but the talk from here is that this kid is a sure bet”

http://sensay.wordpress.com/2011/06/24/zabinawhaaaa/

The thing that makes me question this is leadership -- Landeskog has a much more magnetic personality than Zib who seems super soft spoken. But maybe they mean on-ice leadership.

Anyway if this is true you've gotta think they're referring Anders Forsberg. In which case we should be incredibly excited given Anders's track record. Even if it's not you have to think they probably consulted him at some point. Plus it is telling that they didn't trade down even though you knew they had to be prepared for the event of RNH Landeskog Huberdeau going top-3 and Strome going top-5.

It took him five minutes to make it down to the table because he was being congratulated by so many. Looked like quite a few players made it a point to come down (or up) to shake his hand or give him a hug. I don't know if this translates into leadership, but it reminds me of a line from A Knight's Tale -- "Your men love you. If I knew nothing else about you, that would be enough."


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

629Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 42 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! on Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Bergfors won't be qualified by Florida. He'll be a UFA, how far did this kid fall?

Like Filatov, he's been part of crap organizations. He was pretty good in NJ but they made a move. Playing on losing teams, with bad systems, and with basically no fans wears on a kid. Definatly a player Ottawa might want to look at come July 1. No risk, high reward, but we'll see.

I would expect we'll kick the tires on that one, yeah.

630Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 42 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! on Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:32 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
It would be worthwhile to keep an eye on Tomas Jurco (Detroit, 35), Xavier Ouellet (Detroit, 48), and Thomas Tynan (Columbus, 66) to see how these trades stack up in a few years.

So, we effectively traded Jurco and Ouellet for Puempel and Tynan for Filatov.

I nominate SpezDispenser to keep tabs.

Nod

631Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 42 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! on Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:39 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
spader wrote:It would be worthwhile to keep an eye on Tomas Jurco (Detroit, 35), Xavier Ouellet (Detroit, 48), and Thomas Tynan (Columbus, 66) to see how these trades stack up in a few years.

So, we effectively traded Jurco and Ouellet for Puempel and Tynan for Filatov.

I nominate SpezDispenser to keep tabs.

Nod

Ha, yeah, that'll be interesting to track. As of right now, I like it for both to be honest.

632Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 42 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! on Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:34 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
so... what happen to TJ Oshie? Sarcasm
I didn't put much stock into it but got interested when Chirp got into it.
It was probably a case of a rumor catching fir but still.
he's not under contract yet....

633Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 42 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! on Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:47 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
TSN_Wally reports the Sens didn't qualify Cody Bass, Ryan Potulny.

Odd...

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 42 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 54 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum