GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Breaking Rumours!! » Member's Story breakers! » Flyers acquire neg. rights to G Bryzgalov

Flyers acquire neg. rights to G Bryzgalov

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

31Flyers acquire neg. rights to G Bryzgalov - Page 3 Empty Re: Flyers acquire neg. rights to G Bryzgalov on Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:53 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
spader wrote:
Ya, Joy said that he was approaching the rookie record.

Did she say who he was chasing? I guess I could go look it up on HDB...

32Flyers acquire neg. rights to G Bryzgalov - Page 3 Empty Re: Flyers acquire neg. rights to G Bryzgalov on Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:53 pm

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star
Kevin Allen at USA Today already did a great breakdown of what the Flyers will do.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/columnist/allen/2011-06-08-nhl-flyers-bryzgalov-scenarios_N.htm

The easiest player to move would be Kris Versteeg, earning a fraction over $3 million with only one year left on his contract. If I were Flyers GM Paul Holmgren, the first team I would turn to for moving salaries would be the Florida Panthers. That franchise still has to spend almost $30 million just to get to floor of the salary cap. The Panthers need help front, plus GM Dale Tallon had Versteeg in Chicago. The other player who could be moved easier than Carter would be defenseman Matt Carle, who also has one year left on his contract at about $3.4 million.

It would be logical to conclude that the signing of Bryzgalov would mean that Michael Leighton ($1.5 million) gets buried in the minors. It seems unlikely he could be traded.

33Flyers acquire neg. rights to G Bryzgalov - Page 3 Empty Re: Flyers acquire neg. rights to G Bryzgalov on Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:18 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Speculation is that Bryzgalov turned down nine years, $60 million from Phoenix before being dealt to Philly.

Holy crap.

34Flyers acquire neg. rights to G Bryzgalov - Page 3 Empty Re: Flyers acquire neg. rights to G Bryzgalov on Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:19 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
shabbs wrote:Speculation is that Bryzgalov turned down nine years, $60 million from Phoenix before being dealt to Philly.

Holy crap.

Holy crap...who's saying that? That's insanity! Good luck slipping that in under the cap. Ahhhhh!

35Flyers acquire neg. rights to G Bryzgalov - Page 3 Empty Re: Flyers acquire neg. rights to G Bryzgalov on Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:23 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:Speculation is that Bryzgalov turned down nine years, $60 million from Phoenix before being dealt to Philly.

Holy crap.

Holy crap...who's saying that? That's insanity! Good luck slipping that in under the cap. Ahhhhh!
Dumo Cox: https://twitter.com/#!/DamoSpin/status/78616187298258945

36Flyers acquire neg. rights to G Bryzgalov - Page 3 Empty Re: Flyers acquire neg. rights to G Bryzgalov on Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:14 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
What are people's thoughts on Versteeg? Three straight 20 goal seasons, but he's really streaky or has work ethic issues or something?

37Flyers acquire neg. rights to G Bryzgalov - Page 3 Empty Re: Flyers acquire neg. rights to G Bryzgalov on Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:18 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
Hoags wrote:Kevin Allen at USA Today already did a great breakdown of what the Flyers will do.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/columnist/allen/2011-06-08-nhl-flyers-bryzgalov-scenarios_N.htm

The easiest player to move would be Kris Versteeg, earning a fraction over $3 million with only one year left on his contract. If I were Flyers GM Paul Holmgren, the first team I would turn to for moving salaries would be the Florida Panthers. That franchise still has to spend almost $30 million just to get to floor of the salary cap. The Panthers need help front, plus GM Dale Tallon had Versteeg in Chicago. The other player who could be moved easier than Carter would be defenseman Matt Carle, who also has one year left on his contract at about $3.4 million.

It would be logical to conclude that the signing of Bryzgalov would mean that Michael Leighton ($1.5 million) gets buried in the minors. It seems unlikely he could be traded.

For the record, Kevin Allen is very closely aligned with Eklund. I'm not saying that he's the same, but it's definitely worth keeping that in mind when you read or listen to his speculation. Of course, that said, the Panthers make sense for Versteeg and Philly is clearly looking to move salary.

38Flyers acquire neg. rights to G Bryzgalov - Page 3 Empty Re: Flyers acquire neg. rights to G Bryzgalov on Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:09 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Holy crap.

Bryz, I think, was scared of the prospect of moving somewhere. He had said he wouldn’t play in Winnipeg, and he probably doesn’t like the rumours of Quebec City either. I think he was just dead-set on getting out of Phoenix, which is why he would’ve turned down almost any offer to stay.

39Flyers acquire neg. rights to G Bryzgalov - Page 3 Empty Re: Flyers acquire neg. rights to G Bryzgalov on Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:55 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
tim1_2 wrote:

Holy crap.

Bryz, I think, was scared of the prospect of moving somewhere. He had said he wouldn’t play in Winnipeg, and he probably doesn’t like the rumours of Quebec City either. I think he was just dead-set on getting out of Phoenix, which is why he would’ve turned down almost any offer to stay.
Yeah, sounds like he was making it impossible for them to re-sign him as he just wanted to get out. Will be interesting to see where he lands...

That's Lundqvist/Luongo money... although Luongo's term is much longer...

40Flyers acquire neg. rights to G Bryzgalov - Page 3 Empty Re: Flyers acquire neg. rights to G Bryzgalov on Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:17 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Informed that Bryz's potential deal is 6 years, $36 million.

41Flyers acquire neg. rights to G Bryzgalov - Page 3 Empty Re: Flyers acquire neg. rights to G Bryzgalov on Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:22 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Big Ev wrote:Informed that Bryz's potential deal is 6 years, $36 million.
That'll make him the 4th highest paid goaltender cap hit wise...

http://www.capgeek.com/leaders.php?type=CAP_HIT&position=G&limit=25

42Flyers acquire neg. rights to G Bryzgalov - Page 3 Empty Re: Flyers acquire neg. rights to G Bryzgalov on Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:28 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Bryz’s stats are actually pretty comparable to Lundqvist and Luongo, especially if you give him a bit of a bump for playing on a mediocre team. Not saying he necessarily deserves that kind of money, but those guys are reasonable comparisons when determining a salary. As we’ve seen recently, though, teams seem a little reluctant to hand out big bucks to goalies.

43Flyers acquire neg. rights to G Bryzgalov - Page 3 Empty Re: Flyers acquire neg. rights to G Bryzgalov on Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:45 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
If that contract demand is true then that's ridiculous.

No one in Ottawa should complain about Anderson's contract.

44Flyers acquire neg. rights to G Bryzgalov - Page 3 Empty Re: Flyers acquire neg. rights to G Bryzgalov on Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:50 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran
Seems to me only the Media and Pierre McGuire are complaining about the Anderson contract ...

45Flyers acquire neg. rights to G Bryzgalov - Page 3 Empty Re: Flyers acquire neg. rights to G Bryzgalov on Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:27 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
TheAvatar wrote:Seems to me only the Media and Pierre McGuire are complaining about the Anderson contract ...

He keeps going on about how we rushed to sign him. Laugh1 Maybe Murray should have waited. That's always a good move in pro sports. TwoThumbsUp!

46Flyers acquire neg. rights to G Bryzgalov - Page 3 Empty Re: Flyers acquire neg. rights to G Bryzgalov on Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:32 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
PM is friends with Avs' Management, he's taking it personnal.

47Flyers acquire neg. rights to G Bryzgalov - Page 3 Empty Re: Flyers acquire neg. rights to G Bryzgalov on Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:36 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
marakh wrote:PM is friends with Avs' Management, he's taking it personnal.

Wait, does Anderson have a bit more hair left that Pierre? Maybe he made a crack a long time ago.

48Flyers acquire neg. rights to G Bryzgalov - Page 3 Empty Re: Flyers acquire neg. rights to G Bryzgalov on Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:39 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran
SeawaySensFan wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:Seems to me only the Media and Pierre McGuire are complaining about the Anderson contract ...

He keeps going on about how we rushed to sign him. Laugh1 Maybe Murray should have waited. That's always a good move in pro sports. TwoThumbsUp!

But he is okay with the Reimer signing. Saying he will be the # 1 goalie. Funny -- how many games has Reimer played in the NHL -- 30? Just saying.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum