GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Ev


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Don't see anything wrong with that.

PTFlea


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
As an assistant I can't see much wrong with that, let him deal with the defense. As any kind of head coach would be a fail. I wouldn't do it though, I would have hired Clouston long before Hartsburg.

SeawaySensFan


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hoags wrote:McKenzie says Craig Hartsburg expected to be named associate coach with the Flames.

Puking2

That's probably a better role for him anyway.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
Hoags wrote:McKenzie says Craig Hartsburg expected to be named associate coach with the Flames.

Puking2

Flames are brutal.

Unrelated question. How did Erixson get traded to NYR? Doesn't the trade window open after the SCF?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
spader wrote:
Unrelated question. How did Erixson get traded to NYR? Doesn't the trade window open after the SCF?

I answered the PM as saying the trade freeze ends after the regular season ends - just that any players moved can't be used in the playoffs, but I'll put it here so someone can verify that.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie
STL signs defenceman Roman Polak to a 5 year, $13.75M deal. Annual cap hit is $2.75


Huh...long term, decent $$, they must really like him a lot.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie
STL signs defenceman Roman Polak to a 5 year, $13.75M deal. Annual cap hit is $2.75


Huh...long term, decent $$, they must really like him a lot.

He's an awesome player. They should like him a lot.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie
STL signs defenceman Roman Polak to a 5 year, $13.75M deal. Annual cap hit is $2.75


Huh...long term, decent $$, they must really like him a lot.

He's an awesome player. They should like him a lot.

Awesome? How so? I don't know that much about him.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Polak is sweet. Hard hitting shut-down D.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie
STL signs defenceman Roman Polak to a 5 year, $13.75M deal. Annual cap hit is $2.75


Huh...long term, decent $$, they must really like him a lot.

He's an awesome player. They should like him a lot.

Awesome? How so? I don't know that much about him.

He's basically a younger version of Volchenkov at his peak. Same build too.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Big Ev wrote:Polak is sweet. Hard hitting shut-down D.

Yeah, I read he has excellent speed and is a sturdy shutdown guy. Nice signing then.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SeawaySensFan wrote:
He's basically a younger version of Volchenkov at his peak. Same build too.

I haven't see Polak very much, but you're describing Dan Girardi to a T.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
He's basically a younger version of Volchenkov at his peak. Same build too.

I haven't see Polak very much, but you're describing Dan Girardi to a T.

Girardi is not quite a "fireplug" like Polak and not as much of a hitter either but has more offensive game of course.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Girardi is not quite a "fireplug" like Polak and not as much of a hitter either but has more offensive game of course.

Best shot blocker in the league now though (Girardi that is). Polak sounds awesome, shows you how much I watch the Blues play. Laugh1

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Girardi is not quite a "fireplug" like Polak and not as much of a hitter either but has more offensive game of course.

Best shot blocker in the league now though (Girardi that is). Polak sounds awesome, shows you how much I watch the Blues play. Laugh1

I believe Polak has been near the top as well in recent years. Also near the top in the shots blocked + hits combo.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:
spader wrote:
Unrelated question. How did Erixson get traded to NYR? Doesn't the trade window open after the SCF?

I answered the PM as saying the trade freeze ends after the regular season ends - just that any players moved can't be used in the playoffs, but I'll put it here so someone can verify that.

This is how I understand it, too.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
spader wrote:
Unrelated question. How did Erixson get traded to NYR? Doesn't the trade window open after the SCF?

I answered the PM as saying the trade freeze ends after the regular season ends - just that any players moved can't be used in the playoffs, but I'll put it here so someone can verify that.

This is how I understand it, too.

Thanks for the info, folks. That makes much more sense.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
What a shame: Bobby Mac says that Dallas won't be tendering a contract offer to Brad Richards. He'd have to waive his NMC for Dallas to trade his rights.

Cue the Rangers...again?

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum