GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 64 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Capitals Acquire a 4th-Round Draft Pick in the 2012 & Danick Paquette from Winnipeg for Right Wing Eric Fehr http://wshca.ps/qByPX8

Dammit, Ottawa should have been in on this.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:Capitals Acquire a 4th-Round Draft Pick in the 2012 & Danick Paquette from Winnipeg for Right Wing Eric Fehr http://wshca.ps/qByPX8

He's from Winkler, MAN. 120 km away from Winnipeg.

The Caps probably were only going to trade him there.

Da lil Guy

Rookie
Rookie
Rare intradivisional trade (at least for the time being).

The only problem with Ottawa getting in on this is that the Caps wouldn't be interested in taking a one way contract back and we'd need to clear one before we could really make this work.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
helenenothelen Helene Elliott
by HockeyScanner

Kings determined Brule wasn't procedurally cleared to play and took Fraser instead. says cyst, blood disorder not disclosed

Lombardi: "The bottom line for me, I would have rather invested my money with Bernie Madoff than invest in Edmonton's word."
33 minutes ago

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Kings General Manager Dean Lombardi, contending the Edmonton Oilers have twice traded him players who are not able to play, said Friday he will “look at our legal avenues” to get a remedy.

“The bottom line for me, I would have rather invested my money with Bernie Madoff than invest in Edmonton’s word,” Lombardi said.

Lombardi initially agreed to take forward Gilbert Brule in exchange for left wing Ryan Smyth but balked when he said the Kings’ lawyers determined Brule had not been procedurally cleared following a concussion. Unwilling to void the trade because Smyth had asked to leave Los Angeles—and because Smyth’s departure would take a huge burden off the Kings’ salary cap--Lombardi agreed to instead take center Colin Fraser and a seventh-round pick in the 2012 draft.

Lombardi said he knew Fraser had suffered a fractured foot last season but was told Fraser was days away from being cleared.

However, Lombardi said the Kings’ doctors found not only an unhealed fracture but an alarming cyst in Fraser’s foot and a blood disorder. Lombardi said Fraser will require surgery that would keep him out four months. Lombardi also said Tim Leiweke, the chief executive of the Kings’ parent company, AEG, tried to broker a settlement but the Oilers have not responded to the Kings’ requests for further discussions.

“Tim has made several overtures to try and settle this in a fair manner to put the deal back where it’s supposed to and we’ve gotten no response,” Lombardi said. “So the heck with it, we’ll look at our legal avenues right now.

“This kid needs surgery now, which is going to put him out four months. It’s not even close. To be told he’s going to be cleared that Wednesday and now we get him and he’s clearly not cleared and to clear him he’s going to need surgery … and that’s the one [injury] they told me about, let alone the other two. On the heels of Brule? Holy smoke.”

He added, “In my 20 years I’ve never had this happen once, let alone twice in one week. And people used to think maybe I was crazy but when I was scouting for Philly, Edmonton was my favorite city because of the history of the building and the crowds seemed like honest, working-class people. You still had a blue-collar feel at times. And I don’t think this conduct is emblematic of that city at all.”

Lombardi said one possible solution would be for the Oilers to take Fraser back until he’s fit to play. The Kings can't waive or trade Fraser if he's injured and unable to play.

An Oilers spokesman said General Manager Steve Tambellini was traveling and unavailable for comment.

Never a dull moment with the Kings…

Oh, and when asked if there had been any progress in his negotiations with restricted free agent defenseman Drew Doughty, Lombardi repeated what he told The Times earlier this week, that an agreement is not expected for a while.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Frig... that's not good.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
shabbs wrote:Frig... that's not good.

Not at all. I really can't recall the last time this kind of venom was there between two GMs. I guess Penner/Anaheim/Burke/Lowe?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Capitals Acquire a 4th-Round Draft Pick in the 2012 & Danick Paquette from Winnipeg for Right Wing Eric Fehr http://wshca.ps/qByPX8

Ya you would know that eh mr big ev

C

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Dash wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

Ya you would know that eh mr big ev

C

Did Dash just drunk-post? Laugh1

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
No, that was posted by a friend... Ev knows who it is. Oh he knows alright. He knows damn right. lol

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Heh heh.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
shabbs wrote:Heh heh.

Confirmed?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
wprager wrote:

Confirmed?
Source?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:

Confirmed?
Source?

You can't answer a question with a question?

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star
SeawaySensFan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:1 year deal with Tampa.

They also signed Alex Picard. Is that two ex-Sens or was that the other Alex Picard?

"Our" Picard signed with PIT some days back. Wikipedia say the other Picard signed with TB, but I haven't heard that anywhere else. At any rate, both deals are so important that neither change has been registered on CapGeek.

Looks like your hero, Flip McCreary, dropped the ball on these signings.

FYI, McCleary doesn't run CapGeek, although NHLSCAP was its inspiration and McCleary endorses the site.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:

Confirmed?
Source?

You can't answer a question with a question?
No?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:1 year deal with Tampa.

They also signed Alex Picard. Is that two ex-Sens or was that the other Alex Picard?

"Our" Picard signed with PIT some days back. Wikipedia say the other Picard signed with TB, but I haven't heard that anywhere else. At any rate, both deals are so important that neither change has been registered on CapGeek.

Looks like your hero, Flip McCreary, dropped the ball on these signings.

FYI, McCleary doesn't run CapGeek, although NHLSCAP was its inspiration and McCleary endorses the site.
Matt Wuest is the guy behind capgeek.com.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Dash wrote:No, that was posted by a friend... Ev knows who it is. Oh he knows alright. He knows damn right. lol

I looked it up on Google, King. But I did know he was a star for the Wheat Kings.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 64 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum