GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 66 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Maybe, it's McCollum or McMeowMix or whatever his name is time to play a ton of minutes in Grand Rapids, not sure if they're signing MacDonald to be his backup - maybe I guess.

Da lil Guy

Rookie
Rookie
Brett Sutter pleads out to his assault charge:

http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/Former+Calgary+Flames+forward+Brett+Sutter+pleads+guilty/5085590/story.html

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Oilers have acquired a second-round draft choice from Anaheim in exchange for Andrew Cogliano.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
More info: http://oilers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=569106

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
No thanks to Cogliano for a 2nd, glad Murray didn't get in on that.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Gerber has apparently signed in the SEL... could not find a job in the NHL he liked...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Gerber info: https://twitter.com/#!/Yrrol/status/90834610228957184

"Martin Gerber will be playing for Växjö in the Swedish Elitserien. Nice addition for the newcomers..."

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie
SpezDispenser wrote:No thanks to Cogliano for a 2nd, glad Murray didn't get in on that.

I dunno.

A second seems like too much, but a third would have been robbery on our part.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
shabbs wrote:Gerber has apparently signed in the SEL... could not find a job in the NHL he liked...

fyp

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Da lil Guy wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:No thanks to Cogliano for a 2nd, glad Murray didn't get in on that.

I dunno.

Not sure...maybe I guess, but a 3rd from us is like a glorified 2nd rounder - and I don't know if I'd pay that for a reclamation project center who sucks at faceoffs and really can't find his niche in the league. Maybe...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
spader wrote:
shabbs wrote:Gerber has apparently signed in the SEL... could not find a job in the NHL he liked...

fyp

Beat me to it Smile

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:
spader wrote:

fyp

Beat me to it Smile
HighFive

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
SpezDispenser wrote:
Da lil Guy wrote:

I dunno.

Not sure...maybe I guess, but a 3rd from us is like a glorified 2nd rounder - and I don't know if I'd pay that for a reclamation project center who sucks at faceoffs and really can't find his niche in the league. Maybe...

He's a former 1st rounder and ready to step in and contribute now. Giving up a 2nd rounder for a team that has a need to fill (small but fast -- very fast, and is pretty good on face offs) is not a big deal. For a rebuilding team like the Sens, for sure, it makes little sense, but for the Ducks, why not?

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:

He's a former 1st rounder and ready to step in and contribute now. Giving up a 2nd rounder for a team that has a need to fill (small but fast -- very fast, and is pretty good on face offs) is not a big deal. For a rebuilding team like the Sens, for sure, it makes little sense, but for the Ducks, why not?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Why-the-Oilers-cut-ties-with-Andrew-Cogliano-in-;_ylt=AlqK9XpVCzh9Bi8xYT911N17vLYF?urn=nhl-wp9024

His faceoff winning percentage was atrocious: 41.6 percent last season (461-647) after posting a 43-percent winning percentage in the previous season. That was one reason why blogger Tyler Dellow didn't see Cogliano as a long-term prospect for the Oilers last September, the others being that "he isn't really a guy who creates a lot of offence or one who is particularly good defensively.

He seems pretty bad on faceoffs.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
Hoags wrote:
wprager wrote:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Why-the-Oilers-cut-ties-with-Andrew-Cogliano-in-;_ylt=AlqK9XpVCzh9Bi8xYT911N17vLYF?urn=nhl-wp9024

His faceoff winning percentage was atrocious: 41.6 percent last season (461-647) after posting a 43-percent winning percentage in the previous season. That was one reason why blogger Tyler Dellow didn't see Cogliano as a long-term prospect for the Oilers last September, the others being that "he isn't really a guy who creates a lot of offence or one who is particularly good defensively.

He seems pretty bad on faceoffs it seems.

He's still young, which means that alluring potential is still there. But he's yet to show anything that makes one think he'll fulfill it.

I hope for his sake that he grows his game over the summer. I haven't seen much of him, but if the guy that wrote this article knows his stuff, then the future doesn't look so bright for the kid.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:

I've never seen him ever win a faceoff the times I've watched. Has he improved?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Hoags wrote:
wprager wrote:

Someone (probably on twitter) said he was good on face offs. Maybe that was relative to the rest of the Oilers.
He seems pretty bad on faceoffs.

Last edited by wprager on Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:33 am; edited 2 times in total

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
spader wrote:

fyp
Heh. The suggestion was that he wanted a 1-way, and was only getting 2-way offers...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 66 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum