You are not connected. Please login or register

NETFLIX streaming

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

46 Re: NETFLIX streaming on Wed May 14, 2014 10:06 pm

Cap'n Clutch


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Primus isn't even listed lol

47 Re: NETFLIX streaming on Fri May 16, 2014 8:05 am

shabbs


Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Rogers "We upgraded our capacity for Netflix traffic right after this survey." LOL!

To be honest, I've never had streaming issues with Netflix via Rogers. But, they certainly got owned by Bell in that survey.

48 Re: NETFLIX streaming on Fri May 16, 2014 8:22 am

tim1_2


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
shabbs wrote:Rogers "We upgraded our capacity for Netflix traffic right after this survey." LOL!

To be honest, I've never had streaming issues with Netflix via Rogers. But, they certainly got owned by Bell in that survey.

Yeah...Rogers also made some excuses, blaming Netflix for some of the problem: http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/rogers-explains-why-it-came-last-in-netflix-rankings-1.2644363

Rogers has always been the worst for throttling.

49 Re: NETFLIX streaming on Fri May 16, 2014 8:31 am

shabbs

avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
They seem to be quite sneaky with the way they do their Netflix traffic. Not sure if it's throttling, but it's certainly limiting. They look to have only a small portion of their total capacity that's connected to Netflix's Open Connect. So, the Netflix traffic is separated from the rest. The other ISPs do this as well, but I suspect they have more capacity than Rogers, hence why the survey was so bad.

This is why they can say they don't throttle. But, it certainly is limited. It's a technicality they can hide behind.

50 Re: NETFLIX streaming on Fri May 16, 2014 8:35 am

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
shabbs wrote:They seem to be quite sneaky with the way they do their Netflix traffic. Not sure if it's throttling, but it's certainly limiting. They look to have only a small portion of their total capacity that's connected to Netflix's Open Connect. So, the Netflix traffic is separated from the rest. The other ISPs do this as well, but I suspect they have more capacity than Rogers, hence why the survey was so bad.

This is why they can say they don't throttle. But, it certainly is limited. It's a technicality they can hide behind.

Typical Rogers shenanigans. Nice to see them get outed like this though. Netflix is awesome.

51 Re: NETFLIX streaming on Fri May 16, 2014 3:22 pm

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Speaking of Netflix, I finally found another DNS service to get US Netflix. It's not free like the other one was (RIP tunlr.net) but it's only $3/month if you ay for 6 months at a time (12 months is$35 so you save a buck) -- ProxyDNS.co (not .com).


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

52 Re: NETFLIX streaming on Mon May 19, 2014 8:56 am

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
This is so funny.



Courage is a b1tch.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

53 Re: NETFLIX streaming on Mon May 19, 2014 6:40 pm

spader

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:This is so funny.



Courage is a b1tch.

I'm guessing you found that? It's gotta be photoshopped.

No one would ever call him a "strong" lead.

54 Re: NETFLIX streaming on Mon May 19, 2014 6:42 pm

spader

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
shabbs wrote:Rogers "We upgraded our capacity for Netflix traffic right after this survey." LOL!

To be honest, I've never had streaming issues with Netflix via Rogers. But, they certainly got owned by Bell in that survey.

So, they're basically saying that they're throttling the hell out of Netflix, but are willing to dial back a bit.

f Rogers.

55 Re: NETFLIX streaming on Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:07 pm

SensHulk

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Has anyone tried turboflix? It's supposed to give your netflix access to all their global content, so it groups it all as opposed to seeing only canadian content and changing IPs to see american content.

www.turboflix.com

56 Re: NETFLIX streaming on Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:39 pm

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Michallica wrote:Has anyone tried turboflix? It's supposed to give your netflix access to all their global content, so it groups it all as opposed to seeing only canadian content and changing IPs to see american content.

www.turboflix.com

I shall give it a try in the coming weeks.

57 Re: NETFLIX streaming on Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:05 pm

SensHulk

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Michallica wrote:Has anyone tried turboflix? It's supposed to give your netflix access to all their global content, so it groups it all as opposed to seeing only canadian content and changing IPs to see american content.

www.turboflix.com

I shall give it a try in the coming weeks.

Thanks old friend

58 Re: NETFLIX streaming on Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:51 pm

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Just getting TV and internet settled is really making my head spin. I had turrible Internet courtesy of Bell, less than 1 Mbps. I finally got Cogeco yesterday only to find out that they rolled out TiVo the day I was getting hooked up.

Last I heard TiVo was essentially a PVR before these were widely available. Now they look like an alternative to Fibe because it's a wireless set top box with a Netflix "app" (?) built in. I'm very interested but I think I might just "settle" for the setup I just got and hopefully they try to get me to switch with some incentive.

59 Re: NETFLIX streaming on Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:45 pm

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
TiVo is a PVR, yes, but it's the Cadillac of PVRs.  A lot of innovation in the UI.   But it also involve a paid subscription, I believe.

I hang around on the TiVo Community forum's Now Playing board for some of the best TV show talk (Now Playing is the TiVo term for the recorded content). They have lots of other board discussing the hardware and software, too.

Tivocommunity.com


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

60 Re: NETFLIX streaming on Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:33 pm

Cap'n Clutch

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Spent a couple days sending emails and screen shots to unblock-US to diagnose why my apple tv kept giving me problems with the US DNS settings only to find out that I just needed to log out of ask devices from my lap top and log back into Netflix.


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

61 Re: NETFLIX streaming on Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:09 pm

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Spent a couple days sending emails and screen shots to unblock-US to diagnose why my apple tv kept giving me problems with the US DNS settings only to find out that I just needed to log out of ask devices from my lap top and log back into Netflix.

UnblockUS is expensive. I pay $3/month in 6 month chunks. It should really be free (or unnecessary).


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

62 Re: NETFLIX streaming on Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:44 am

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I haven't tried this yet. Ignore the 2013 date in the URL this page is updated regularly.

http://removeandreplace.com/2013/10/27/dns-codes-netflix-usa/

63 Re: NETFLIX streaming on Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:13 pm

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
I've tried similar lists in the past. They ended up being mostly the DNS server IPs for paid service. So, sure, you could configure your DNS but the first time you used it it would ask you to activate your device (typically via some kind of authentication, like contract number, userid, etc.)


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum