You are not connected. Please login or register

 » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 9]

31Mock Drafts - Page 3 Empty Re: Mock Drafts on Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:38 am

spader


All-Star
All-Star
Big Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:TSN is having their Mock Draft on Tuesday at 7:30pm. I will add this to my original post as soon as there is a link to something.

Bob McKenzie will share his Draft Rankings
on Monday at 7:30pm.
he's pretty accurate if I remember correctly?

Only because he doesn't rank them himself.

He compiles from other rankings, right? He's making list informed by others, if I understand correctly.

32Mock Drafts - Page 3 Empty Re: Mock Drafts on Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:45 am

Flo The Action


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Big Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:TSN is having their Mock Draft on Tuesday at 7:30pm. I will add this to my original post as soon as there is a link to something.

Bob McKenzie will share his Draft Rankings
on Monday at 7:30pm.
he's pretty accurate if I remember correctly?

Only because he doesn't rank them himself.
I don't know... even if you take all the existing mocks around and compile them you won't get a fair picture.

If he gets close it's because he's A) figured it out or B) talked to other GM's and knows enough of what they know.
I'm sure he wouldn't leak anything that might sever any future info he might get in the future.

33Mock Drafts - Page 3 Empty Re: Mock Drafts on Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:47 am

Ev


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
He gets NHL scouts to rank them and then compiles the list.

34Mock Drafts - Page 3 Empty Re: Mock Drafts on Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:48 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
Flo The Action wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:TSN is having their Mock Draft on Tuesday at 7:30pm. I will add this to my original post as soon as there is a link to something.

Bob McKenzie will share his Draft Rankings
on Monday at 7:30pm.
he's pretty accurate if I remember correctly?

Only because he doesn't rank them himself.
I don't know... even if you take all the existing mocks around and compile them you won't get a fair picture.

If he gets close it's because he's A) figured it out or B) talked to other GM's and knows enough of what they know.
I'm sure he wouldn't leak anything that might sever any future info he might get in the future.

From what I understand, he uses other lists to make educated guesses. I don't think he merely compiles others (my previous msg may have given that impression).

35Mock Drafts - Page 3 Empty Re: Mock Drafts on Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:56 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
well i'm sure he's not scouting games or anything. but him and Dreger I would imagine are two of the most connected people in the Canadian hockey media therefore might know a few things ahead of time.

36Mock Drafts - Page 3 Empty Re: Mock Drafts on Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:01 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:TSN is having their Mock Draft on Tuesday at 7:30pm. I will add this to my original post as soon as there is a link to something.

Bob McKenzie will share his Draft Rankings
on Monday at 7:30pm.
he's pretty accurate if I remember correctly?

Only because he doesn't rank them himself.
I don't know... even if you take all the existing mocks around and compile them you won't get a fair picture.

If he gets close it's because he's A) figured it out or B) talked to other GM's and knows enough of what they know.
I'm sure he wouldn't leak anything that might sever any future info he might get in the future.

From what I understand, he uses other lists to make educated guesses. I don't think he merely compiles others (my previous msg may have given that impression).

No he doesn't, he gets scouts to rank the players. He doesn't factor in other lists.

37Mock Drafts - Page 3 Empty Re: Mock Drafts on Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:10 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
Big Ev wrote:
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:TSN is having their Mock Draft on Tuesday at 7:30pm. I will add this to my original post as soon as there is a link to something.

Bob McKenzie will share his Draft Rankings
on Monday at 7:30pm.
he's pretty accurate if I remember correctly?

Only because he doesn't rank them himself.
I don't know... even if you take all the existing mocks around and compile them you won't get a fair picture.

If he gets close it's because he's A) figured it out or B) talked to other GM's and knows enough of what they know.
I'm sure he wouldn't leak anything that might sever any future info he might get in the future.

From what I understand, he uses other lists to make educated guesses. I don't think he merely compiles others (my previous msg may have given that impression).

No he doesn't, he gets scouts to rank the players. He doesn't factor in other lists.

Ah. So he uses scouting reports to come up with his own rankings? Sweet. Sounds like he has a good handle on it, since I've heard many times that he always comes closest.

38Mock Drafts - Page 3 Empty Re: Mock Drafts on Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:11 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
shabbs wrote:Prager - Landeskog is only 18... and is only 2 weeks older than Couturier.

I read 19 somewhere. Weird. Or does he wear #19?


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

39Mock Drafts - Page 3 Empty Re: Mock Drafts on Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:13 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Flo The Action wrote:there's alot of ifs and buts but i wouldn't call you a fool for saying we might make the playoffs next year. i'm not sure what odds I'd give it, maybe 30 % chance we make it? It really depends on who is part of this team in September.
I'd much rather stay at 6 then overpay to move up and draft Stome. fair chance he'll be a second line C.
couturier I like, even I'd say I'd take over Lando. Again I'm not an anti-lando but after reading a bunch on him if he reaches the best case scenario that's been pegged for him i'm fine with that. If he ends up a second line winger scoring some 20 goals a year i think we could of done better.

Not trying to be nit-picking, but did you mean "then" or "than"? Makes a huge difference. I'm leaning to "than".


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

40Mock Drafts - Page 3 Empty Re: Mock Drafts on Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:23 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:
wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:1.RNH
2.Huberdeau
3.Larsson
4.Couturier
5.Hamilton
6.Landeskog

More to come...
HA HA! I see those glasses are back on...

Wink

Ha, I guess, but I think the teams in front will take skill over grit.

No chance Landeskog goes after Couturier, none.

While I'm not saying I disagree, it would be fun to collect all of these types of statements and look them over a week from now.

I'd certainly have a bit of a problem if we were picking where both were available. Couturier is a center and is 6'3". He matched his 96 point total this year, playing fewer games because of mono. He's 17 so he could actually grow another inch or two; Landeskog is 19, so 6'0" is the ceiling for him. Because Couturier still has to grow into his frame (which will take at least 2 years, probably closer to 5) and Landeskog is pretty much there now, it's impossible to compare the two fairly.

If I needed a player to step into the lineup and produce right away, no question, you take Landeskog. But that's not the need of this team. I'm in the minority even here, thinking that we will make the playoffs in 2011/12. We have a #1 center and a couple 3rd line centers, but we certainly don't have anyone who is a proven 2nd line center, and certainly no-one to replace Spezza in 5-6 years (or sooner, depending on his back).

Good think Lando will be gone by the time we pick Smile

I think, with a little luck, we'll compete for a playoff spot. Just thought I'd let you know that you aren't totally alone.
there's alot of ifs and buts but i wouldn't call you a fool for saying we might make the playoffs next year. i'm not sure what odds I'd give it, maybe 30 % chance we make it? It really depends on who is part of this team in September.
I'd much rather stay at 6 then overpay to move up and draft Stome. fair chance he'll be a second line C.
couturier I like, even I'd say I'd take over Lando. Again I'm not an anti-lando but after reading a bunch on him if he reaches the best case scenario that's been pegged for him i'm fine with that. If he ends up a second line winger scoring some 20 goals a year i think we could of done better.

So all you're doing is reading up on these guys? Why bother forming an opinion based on that? You have to see them play.

41Mock Drafts - Page 3 Empty Re: Mock Drafts on Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:35 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
there's alot of ifs and buts but i wouldn't call you a fool for saying we might make the playoffs next year. i'm not sure what odds I'd give it, maybe 30 % chance we make it? It really depends on who is part of this team in September.
I'd much rather stay at 6 then overpay to move up and draft Stome. fair chance he'll be a second line C.
couturier I like, even I'd say I'd take over Lando. Again I'm not an anti-lando but after reading a bunch on him if he reaches the best case scenario that's been pegged for him i'm fine with that. If he ends up a second line winger scoring some 20 goals a year i think we could of done better.
30% is probably fair, if a little conservative. If we get a healthy season out of a few key performers (Mr. Anderson, Spezz, Michalek, Alfie, Karlsson), a bounce back season from Gonchar, Phillips, and Regin, and a further development from Foligno, Butler, Greening and any other B-towners, we'll be in great shape. Of course, all those "ifs" mean that 30% is probably fairly accurate.

At the start of the season we were 100% convinced we would make the playoffs. The only piece of uncertaintly was if we would finish better than 5th from the previous year, or below.

What's changed since last year? We lost Ruutu, Kovalev, Fisher and Kelly. Taking their career averages (which is being very generous to Kovalev) that's 19 goals per 82-games, less if you account for injuries (Fisher's style of play takes a toll, for sure), and even lower if you account for Kovalev's drop off. So, can we count on 18-20 goals for their replacements? Foligno, Butler and Greening, if they play top-six minutes, should make up the bulk of those 70-75 goals (and Foligno's production as a third liner will have to be replaced by someone, of course; how about Regin? Can he have a bounce-back season and better Foligno's 17 from two years ago? Then there's the #6 pick, Shannon (possibly) getting a full season, a healthy Alfredsson and Michalek.

On the back-end, Kuba will not break his leg again. Don't forget that this guy led the team in per-game ice time when we finished 5th in the East. Gonchar was mishandled by Clouston, so I expect him to do better if played on his off-side. His conditioning concerns me, but with Kalrsson and Rundblad pushing I am not really concerned about production from the back end. Rundblad replaces Campoli? Cowen replaces Kuba (or "good" Kuba replaces "bad" Kuba)?

Defensively, I don't think any of the kids steps in and replaces Kelly, but Anderson should more than make up the difference.

And with MacLean coming in, we should be playing a better team game.

I'm convinced we'll be better than last year. Are we going to be better than the year before? Somewhere between last year dn the year before, lies that 8th spot. I think our chances of getting there are better than 30%.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

42Mock Drafts - Page 3 Empty Re: Mock Drafts on Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:13 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Big Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:
wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:1.RNH
2.Huberdeau
3.Larsson
4.Couturier
5.Hamilton
6.Landeskog

More to come...
HA HA! I see those glasses are back on...

Wink

Ha, I guess, but I think the teams in front will take skill over grit.

No chance Landeskog goes after Couturier, none.

While I'm not saying I disagree, it would be fun to collect all of these types of statements and look them over a week from now.

I'd certainly have a bit of a problem if we were picking where both were available. Couturier is a center and is 6'3". He matched his 96 point total this year, playing fewer games because of mono. He's 17 so he could actually grow another inch or two; Landeskog is 19, so 6'0" is the ceiling for him. Because Couturier still has to grow into his frame (which will take at least 2 years, probably closer to 5) and Landeskog is pretty much there now, it's impossible to compare the two fairly.

If I needed a player to step into the lineup and produce right away, no question, you take Landeskog. But that's not the need of this team. I'm in the minority even here, thinking that we will make the playoffs in 2011/12. We have a #1 center and a couple 3rd line centers, but we certainly don't have anyone who is a proven 2nd line center, and certainly no-one to replace Spezza in 5-6 years (or sooner, depending on his back).

Good think Lando will be gone by the time we pick Smile

I think, with a little luck, we'll compete for a playoff spot. Just thought I'd let you know that you aren't totally alone.
there's alot of ifs and buts but i wouldn't call you a fool for saying we might make the playoffs next year. i'm not sure what odds I'd give it, maybe 30 % chance we make it? It really depends on who is part of this team in September.
I'd much rather stay at 6 then overpay to move up and draft Stome. fair chance he'll be a second line C.
couturier I like, even I'd say I'd take over Lando. Again I'm not an anti-lando but after reading a bunch on him if he reaches the best case scenario that's been pegged for him i'm fine with that. If he ends up a second line winger scoring some 20 goals a year i think we could of done better.

So all you're doing is reading up on these guys? Why bother forming an opinion based on that? You have to see them play.

i'd rather bases my opinion on what analysts, journalists, scouts and sports commentators are saying then a bunch of youtube videos. seriously those videos only show a few select moments in a players year. about the worst possible way to get a grip on a player.
And as far as I know none of us have traveled around the league to see these guys or watched more then a handful of games online or TV. so I'd say it's as close as anyone is going to get to possibly knowing what's to expect.
so yeah, i'll "bother" forming an opinion.

43Mock Drafts - Page 3 Empty Re: Mock Drafts on Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:14 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:there's alot of ifs and buts but i wouldn't call you a fool for saying we might make the playoffs next year. i'm not sure what odds I'd give it, maybe 30 % chance we make it? It really depends on who is part of this team in September.
I'd much rather stay at 6 then overpay to move up and draft Stome. fair chance he'll be a second line C.
couturier I like, even I'd say I'd take over Lando. Again I'm not an anti-lando but after reading a bunch on him if he reaches the best case scenario that's been pegged for him i'm fine with that. If he ends up a second line winger scoring some 20 goals a year i think we could of done better.

Not trying to be nit-picking, but did you mean "then" or "than"? Makes a huge difference. I'm leaning to "than".
i meant than... common mistake for me. call it the franco-then...

44Mock Drafts - Page 3 Empty Re: Mock Drafts on Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:11 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran
1. EDM - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
2. COL - Adam Larsson
3. FLO - Huberdeau/Couturier
4. NJD - Couturier/Huberdeau
5. NYI - Gabriel Landeskog
6. OTT - Mika Zibenejad
7. WPG - Ryan Strome
8. CLB - Dougie Hamilton
9. BOS - Nathan Beaulieu

45Mock Drafts - Page 3 Empty Re: Mock Drafts on Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:15 pm

sandysensfan


Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
there's alot of ifs and buts but i wouldn't call you a fool for saying we might make the playoffs next year. i'm not sure what odds I'd give it, maybe 30 % chance we make it? It really depends on who is part of this team in September.
I'd much rather stay at 6 then overpay to move up and draft Stome. fair chance he'll be a second line C.
couturier I like, even I'd say I'd take over Lando. Again I'm not an anti-lando but after reading a bunch on him if he reaches the best case scenario that's been pegged for him i'm fine with that. If he ends up a second line winger scoring some 20 goals a year i think we could of done better.
30% is probably fair, if a little conservative. If we get a healthy season out of a few key performers (Mr. Anderson, Spezz, Michalek, Alfie, Karlsson), a bounce back season from Gonchar, Phillips, and Regin, and a further development from Foligno, Butler, Greening and any other B-towners, we'll be in great shape. Of course, all those "ifs" mean that 30% is probably fairly accurate.

At the start of the season we were 100% convinced we would make the playoffs. The only piece of uncertaintly was if we would finish better than 5th from the previous year, or below.

What's changed since last year? We lost Ruutu, Kovalev, Fisher and Kelly. Taking their career averages (which is being very generous to Kovalev) that's 19 goals per 82-games, less if you account for injuries (Fisher's style of play takes a toll, for sure), and even lower if you account for Kovalev's drop off. So, can we count on 18-20 goals for their replacements? Foligno, Butler and Greening, if they play top-six minutes, should make up the bulk of those 70-75 goals (and Foligno's production as a third liner will have to be replaced by someone, of course; how about Regin? Can he have a bounce-back season and better Foligno's 17 from two years ago? Then there's the #6 pick, Shannon (possibly) getting a full season, a healthy Alfredsson and Michalek.

On the back-end, Kuba will not break his leg again. Don't forget that this guy led the team in per-game ice time when we finished 5th in the East. Gonchar was mishandled by Clouston, so I expect him to do better if played on his off-side. His conditioning concerns me, but with Kalrsson and Rundblad pushing I am not really concerned about production from the back end. Rundblad replaces Campoli? Cowen replaces Kuba (or "good" Kuba replaces "bad" Kuba)?

Defensively, I don't think any of the kids steps in and replaces Kelly, but Anderson should more than make up the difference.

And with MacLean coming in, we should be playing a better team game.

I'm convinced we'll be better than last year. Are we going to be better than the year before? Somewhere between last year dn the year before, lies that 8th spot. I think our chances of getting there are better than 30%.

Not right away.. but a couple of years down the road.. I see Condra 'replacing' Kelly. He is smart and has great vision. Good defensively, as shown on the PK down the stretch for the O-Sens. I really like him as a player.
I'm excited for next season to see him, Butler, Greening & Z Smith for the whole season. It will be interesting to see how Zack is this year after such a great AHL playoffs. That doesn't automatically translate to the NHL.. but even if he stops taking such stupid, bad-timing penalties... that would be an improvement.

46Mock Drafts - Page 3 Empty Re: Mock Drafts on Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:13 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:
wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:1.RNH
2.Huberdeau
3.Larsson
4.Couturier
5.Hamilton
6.Landeskog

More to come...
HA HA! I see those glasses are back on...

Wink

Ha, I guess, but I think the teams in front will take skill over grit.

No chance Landeskog goes after Couturier, none.

While I'm not saying I disagree, it would be fun to collect all of these types of statements and look them over a week from now.

I'd certainly have a bit of a problem if we were picking where both were available. Couturier is a center and is 6'3". He matched his 96 point total this year, playing fewer games because of mono. He's 17 so he could actually grow another inch or two; Landeskog is 19, so 6'0" is the ceiling for him. Because Couturier still has to grow into his frame (which will take at least 2 years, probably closer to 5) and Landeskog is pretty much there now, it's impossible to compare the two fairly.

If I needed a player to step into the lineup and produce right away, no question, you take Landeskog. But that's not the need of this team. I'm in the minority even here, thinking that we will make the playoffs in 2011/12. We have a #1 center and a couple 3rd line centers, but we certainly don't have anyone who is a proven 2nd line center, and certainly no-one to replace Spezza in 5-6 years (or sooner, depending on his back).

Good think Lando will be gone by the time we pick Smile

I think, with a little luck, we'll compete for a playoff spot. Just thought I'd let you know that you aren't totally alone.
there's alot of ifs and buts but i wouldn't call you a fool for saying we might make the playoffs next year. i'm not sure what odds I'd give it, maybe 30 % chance we make it? It really depends on who is part of this team in September.
I'd much rather stay at 6 then overpay to move up and draft Stome. fair chance he'll be a second line C.
couturier I like, even I'd say I'd take over Lando. Again I'm not an anti-lando but after reading a bunch on him if he reaches the best case scenario that's been pegged for him i'm fine with that. If he ends up a second line winger scoring some 20 goals a year i think we could of done better.

So all you're doing is reading up on these guys? Why bother forming an opinion based on that? You have to see them play.

i'd rather bases my opinion on what analysts, journalists, scouts and sports commentators are saying then a bunch of youtube videos. seriously those videos only show a few select moments in a players year. about the worst possible way to get a grip on a player.
And as far as I know none of us have traveled around the league to see these guys or watched more then a handful of games online or TV. so I'd say it's as close as anyone is going to get to possibly knowing what's to expect.
so yeah, i'll "bother" forming an opinion.

Didn't mean YouTube videos, meant REAL games.

47Mock Drafts - Page 3 Empty Re: Mock Drafts on Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:48 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:1.RNH
2.Huberdeau
3.Larsson
4.Couturier
5.Hamilton
6.Landeskog

More to come...
HA HA! I see those glasses are back on...

Wink

Ha, I guess, but I think the teams in front will take skill over grit.

No chance Landeskog goes after Couturier, none.

I don't think "no chance" and "draft" go well together.
That's why I think Mock drafts are as useless as standings predictions in Octover. Sorry I won't add much to the topic Smile

48Mock Drafts - Page 3 Empty Re: Mock Drafts on Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:49 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
Big Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:TSN is having their Mock Draft on Tuesday at 7:30pm. I will add this to my original post as soon as there is a link to something.

Bob McKenzie will share his Draft Rankings
on Monday at 7:30pm.
he's pretty accurate if I remember correctly?

Only because he doesn't rank them himself.

Do you feel the need to state this everytime this topic comes up? Laugh1

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Similar topics

-

» SUNDERLAND MOCK COLBACK

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum