You are not connected. Please login or register

» The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch

2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 67]

12011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch on Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:41 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Big Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:That Don Brennan article is epic... wow... how does he still have a job...

I'm thinking of e-mailing that quote to TGOR. They had Brennan on the last couple of days to replace one of the regulars. I think he was there just for them to make fun of how he read the e-mails (probably worse than Angry Al).

What quotes are you emailing? Brennan didn't actually say anything stupid in the article.

The entire article was stupid. It's stupid to quote an idiot fan and to put it as the title of your article. It misleads people into thinking someone of value said that it was a garbage pick.

If Brennan had bothered to consult SteffeG he could have avoided looking so clueless.

22011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch on Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:50 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:That Don Brennan article is epic... wow... how does he still have a job...

I'm thinking of e-mailing that quote to TGOR. They had Brennan on the last couple of days to replace one of the regulars. I think he was there just for them to make fun of how he read the e-mails (probably worse than Angry Al).

What quotes are you emailing? Brennan didn't actually say anything stupid in the article.

The entire article was stupid. It's stupid to quote an idiot fan and to put it as the title of your article. It misleads people into thinking someone of value said that it was a garbage pick.

If Brennan had bothered to consult SteffeG he could have avoided looking so clueless.

lol

32011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch on Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:00 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Sitting in the stands during the draft, the consensus among my section was that the pick was stupid, because no one knew who Karlsson was.

So while it may have been an ignorant perception at the time, Brennan's article just reflected the feelings of many fans.

It was more reporting, and less editorializing.

42011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch on Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Laughing3

52011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch on Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:19 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
Big Ev wrote:I see McNeill as a 15th pick or so, but he really was pretty awful in his interviews with Ottawa. Don't know if people care aboutt hat a lot.

Are you talking about the Senate Reform video, or do you know something about the second interview?

62011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch on Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:37 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Can we trade the 21st + Foligno + a 2nd round pick and get the 5th overall as well?

Dare to dream...

72011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch on Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:43 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:to further prove that the NYI aren't taking a D-man here's a lift from THN who are quoting another article
New York Islanders GM Garth Snow has let it be known he's open to entertaining offers for his first-rounder (fifth overall).

Snow is willing to consider moving up or down in the draft order, but it's also believed he's interested in adding what Chris Botta of Islanders Point Blank called “at least one productive and experienced forward” who would help speed up the club's rebuilding program.
that 5th is available but what's the difference? they are more likely to want a Lando type of guy to round out their young forward prospects.
I tell you Strome it is.

It would be cool to pick 5th and 6th.

Who would we have to trade? Shrug Let's see. If they want a productive AND experienced forward, we have Aflie, Spezza, Michalek, and . . . that's about it. Foligno is fairly experienced, but not overly productive. Alfie and Spezz are obviously non-starters. I don't think they'd take Michalek for the fifth unless we add quite a bit.

Guess not. Facepalm

SpezDispenser wrote:Can we trade the 21st + Foligno + a 2nd round pick and get the 5th overall as well?

Dare to dream...

I don't think Foligno counts as an experienced, productive forward. It's not impossible, though.

82011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch on Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:52 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran
marakh wrote:SpezD changes his tune every 2 days Laugh1

As for the article, there are some truth but I wouldn't certainly put him 13th. I'd say 6-7th after the other forwards. I certainly wouldn't trade up to get Landeskog. He can be a 1st line player I think but I don't expect him to be that much better than he is today, unline guys like Huberdeau, Strome and RNH who completely dominated the league while being as big or way smaller than the competition. Huberdeau won the memorial Cup against a Mississauga team full of 19 and 20 year olds and I like that. Other previous similar prospects are Claude Giroux and Zach Parise, who were taken after bigger guys like Steve Bernier, James Sheppard and Peter Mueller who had good rookie seasons but clearly didn't get any better after that.
It's not a science but it is a valid argument.

I have not seen Strome play so don't know a lot about him other than what other people are saying. Huberdeau is a very good player... but did it also help him having a lot of very good players around him... where Couterier played with a lot less talent? Does that even come into play?

92011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch on Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:55 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
sandysensfan wrote:I have not seen Strome play so don't know a lot about him other than what other people are saying. Huberdeau is a very good player... but did it also help him having a lot of very good players around him... where Couterier played with a lot less talent? Does that even come into play?

I've heard pretty qualified people saying Couturier will be the steal of the draft if he goes lower than 3. He had mono, he played with a lot less talent, he's huge, has good hockey sense. Huberdeau's a great player, we all saw him in the Mem.Cup, Strome is the 'riser' of the bunch, people saying he might have the best skill set of them all. Who really knows...

102011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch on Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:04 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran
Big Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:of strome:
He skates very well and has very good speed," NHL Central Scouting's Chris Edwards said of Strome, who's been compared favourably with rising Colorado Avalanche star Matt Duchene. "He's a creative playmaker who sees the ice very well. He goes to the net and battles in front. He is able to get to rebounds and loose pucks in front. He has good hands and has scored some goals off tip-ins in front (of the net)."
6'1 183 pounds. not bad size either. my money is on this kid if we draft 6th. If we don't pick him i'll be disappointed

Why? Fans shouldn't wish for any guy as they a) don't know how to actually scout players and b) they will most likely be disappointed. Most fans just go by stats and rankings, and then the actual team has their own completely different list. You always see fans wishing for a guy, Dung on the pick they actually get, and then cheer for that pick when they are doing well in the future.

Be happy with anyone they get.

I'm definitely not an expert.. but the Sens will probably pick the player best suited to the type of team and system they want to play. Who that is? Who knows?

112011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch on Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:14 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:to further prove that the NYI aren't taking a D-man here's a lift from THN who are quoting another article
New York Islanders GM Garth Snow has let it be known he's open to entertaining offers for his first-rounder (fifth overall).

Snow is willing to consider moving up or down in the draft order, but it's also believed he's interested in adding what Chris Botta of Islanders Point Blank called “at least one productive and experienced forward” who would help speed up the club's rebuilding program.
that 5th is available but what's the difference? they are more likely to want a Lando type of guy to round out their young forward prospects.
I tell you Strome it is.

It would be cool to pick 5th and 6th.

Who would we have to trade? Shrug Let's see. If they want a productive AND experienced forward, we have Aflie, Spezza, Michalek, and . . . that's about it. Foligno is fairly experienced, but not overly productive. Alfie and Spezz are obviously non-starters. I don't think they'd take Michalek for the fifth unless we add quite a bit.

Guess not. Facepalm
No i think they'd want to trade down. but not that far down as our 21st. and i don't think it's a good idea to over pay to move up one spot.

the first 3 picks is where it's at. 4rth for couturier also. NJ could be interested. but i have a bad feeling Ottawa would pick Lando ahead of couturier.

don't get me wrong, if they pick lando i'll be very happy but there's others i'd place ahead of him.

There's little chance they trade down. They want the BPA.

and yeah they would pick Landeskog over Couturier, that's been made pretty clear

I still think they will trade down if Landeskog is available at 4 which I think will be the case.
you think NJD trade down if lando is available with the 4rth? I don't know man... Am i the only one that sees NJ drafting a forward?
NJ needs some picks and if they can get a 2nd rounder by moving down 2 spots, I think they might. Remember, they are missing a 1st round draft pick in an upcoming draft, so they do need those picks. The player from 4-6 won't be much different in terms of what scouts think.
still if per sy NJ is like me and do not want Lando they're better off grabbing either larsson or couturier (yeah i think Hubie might go second) with the 4rth rather then dipping down.
so also i your mock draft you see the sens grabing the swede over strome eh? i hope that's not the case.

i hate to come off as the guy that will be disappointed on draft day but i have my preferences obviously and i'm open to being dead wrong about what happens if they pick such X players and i hope for Y player.
to be honest i'm more interested what happens with the 21st and if they manage to move up. and yeah Mcneil sound like a good pick to me too

You mentioned McNeil... I think, as per the Senate Reform Part 2, he was the player they also took out for breakfast as they found him to be to 'cliche' in his answers during the interview. Question is... why would they go that far to take him out for breakfast.. if they were not interested in him. I have never seen him play.... is he that player that Ottawa could use? How far would they have to move up to get him?

122011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch on Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:15 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
No way they show that McNeill part if they actually wanted him.

132011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch on Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:16 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
Big Ev wrote:No way they show that McNeill part if they actually wanted him.

No way they interview him twice if they don't.

142011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch on Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:17 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran
Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:I'm gonna say Strome because he is the only guy I have actually seen play. Zibenajed seems to be a guy everyone is talking about right now but I have never seen him play. I am just as ignorant as everyone else when it comes to that guy. If I had to guess the top 10 will go like this

NRH
Larsson
Huberdeau
Landeskog
Couturier
Zibenejed
Strome
Hamilton
McNeil (love him like Landeskog)
Murphy

McNeill will probably drop a bit, he did not interview well.

Do you think nervousness can be part of the reason?

152011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch on Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:18 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
spader wrote:
Big Ev wrote:No way they show that McNeill part if they actually wanted him.

No way they interview him twice if they don't.

and after 2 interviews, they came to realize that they don't like him! lol

I'm not showing that to the public if I want hmi. Notice Landeskog, Strome, and Zibanejad were not shown yet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 67]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum