You are not connected. Please login or register

» The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch

2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 67]

462011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch on Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:48 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
spader wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Strome's a douche.

^ That's a useful contribution, right there. Facepalm

I only state facts.

472011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch on Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:49 am

spader

All-Star
All-Star
Big Ev wrote:
spader wrote:

I only state facts.
Laugh1

482011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch on Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:53 am

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Big Ev wrote:
spader wrote:

I only state facts.
can you get behind that statement with facts? why is he a douche?
some people might argue spezza is a moron but i love the guy (and the laugh that goes with it) Sarcasm
no but seriously why? I'm all for changing my mind on a certain player but there has to be a fair argument not just statements thrown out there.

492011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch on Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:54 am

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:c'mon you guys. the senate reform videos show you absolutely nothing. there's no signs in there. I saw the same thing as you and it doesn't lead me in thinking what their order of drafting will be like. Appart for the fact that they interview Hamilton and that could send a message they'd pick him with the 6th I don't think there's much to be read into it.

when is the 3rd one coming out?

The only thing I know for sure coming out of that video.. is that they won't be drafting RNH. They even said.. we won't take up too much of your time as you won't be there at 6th anyway.

502011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch on Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:59 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
sandysensfan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:c'mon you guys. the senate reform videos show you absolutely nothing. there's no signs in there. I saw the same thing as you and it doesn't lead me in thinking what their order of drafting will be like. Appart for the fact that they interview Hamilton and that could send a message they'd pick him with the 6th I don't think there's much to be read into it.

when is the 3rd one coming out?

The only thing I know for sure coming out of that video.. is that they won't be drafting RNH. They even said.. we won't take up too much of your time as you won't be there at 6th anyway.
jeez that's freakin obvious to anyone with half a clue(not saying you dont) but we'd have to give up karlsson and our first for them to even pick up the phone.

512011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch on Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:04 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
spader wrote:

I only state facts.
some people might argue spezza is a moron but i love the guy (and the laugh that goes with it) Sarcasm
no but seriously why? I'm all for changing my mind on a certain player but there has to be a fair argument not just statements thrown out there.

He just screams douchebag in any interview you watch, and others who know him personally say he's a cocky "jock" douchebag.

522011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch on Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:11 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
Big Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
spader wrote:

I only state facts.

He just screams douchebag in any interview you watch, and others who know him personally say he's a cocky "jock" douchebag.

Ah, the old "some guy" source. Got it. ThumbsUp

532011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch on Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:26 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod
spader wrote:

The thing is, if that's The Sens take too then yes, it is a useful peice of information. When you are talking about guys like Zibenajed, Landeskog, and Strome, character will always win out over skill. Two of those guys have way more than the other, being a douche has a lot to do with it.

542011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch on Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:32 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
NEELY wrote:
spader wrote:

The thing is, if that's The Sens take too then yes, it is a useful peice of information. When you are talking about guys like Zibenajed, Landeskog, and Strome, character will always win out over skill. Two of those guys have way more than the other, being a douche has a lot to do with it.

"If" is the operative word there. "If" that's the Sens take, then I'd be more than happy to acknowledge that it's useful information. If anyone can show me a source that indicates that the Sens' official position is that "Strome's a douche," I'd love to see it.

552011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch on Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:33 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
NEELY wrote:
spader wrote:

+1. I guess looking back I should have phrased it like this, but I like being short and sweet Sarcasm

562011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch on Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:36 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
spader wrote:
NEELY wrote:
spader wrote:

"If" is the operative word there. "If" that's the Sens take, then I'd be more than happy to acknowledge that it's useful information. If anyone can show me a source that indicates that the Sens' official position is that "Strome's a douche," I'd love to see it.

There's now ay of knowing this. I didn't say that's the Sens take, it was my own take. Just watch interviews for each of those players and you can tell.

He was probably the guy Tim Murray was talking about who may have off-ice issues/negative qualities but could be a special player,.

572011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch on Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:41 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod
spader wrote:
NEELY wrote:
spader wrote:

You can pick up on a lot of stuff on twitter. I don't know enough about the kid but immaturiry could also be confused with being a douche or an bunghole as well. I'm not saying all the players in this draft have to be like Landeskog but there does need to be a certain amount of maturity.

A kid like Strome based on some of the on ice habits and his off ice demenior, you can tell he is a player that will have to be broken down and humbled before he is built back up. The question will be, does he have the character to go along with that. Those questions are not there for Zibenajed or Landeskog.

582011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch on Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:43 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod
Big Ev wrote:
spader wrote:
NEELY wrote:
spader wrote:

There's now ay of knowing this. I didn't say that's the Sens take, it was my own take. Just watch interviews for each of those players and you can tell.

He was probably the guy Tim Murray was talking about who may have off-ice issues/negative qualities but could be a special player,.

There are ways of or impressions you get from people in the way they present themselves and speak. It took 10 years for Spezza to come around in a lot of ways (the most important ways), Strome might not take as long because he is coming in during a period of rebuild, not a 2nd overall pick coming onto a cup contender, so things may be a little quicker in that sense.

592011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch on Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:54 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star
NEELY wrote:
spader wrote:
NEELY wrote:
spader wrote:

You can pick up on a lot of stuff on twitter. I don't know enough about the kid but immaturiry could also be confused with being a douche or an bunghole as well. I'm not saying all the players in this draft have to be like Landeskog but there does need to be a certain amount of maturity.

A kid like Strome based on some of the on ice habits and his off ice demenior, you can tell he is a player that will have to be broken down and humbled before he is built back up. The question will be, does he have the character to go along with that. Those questions are not there for Zibenajed or Landeskog.

I guess we'll find out soon enough, especially if we don't move up. If we pick at 6, the odds are high that both Strome and Zibenajed will be available. Would it be crazy for us to take Zibenajed?

602011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch on Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:02 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Big Ev wrote:
spader wrote:

I only state farts.

FYP

612011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch on Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:07 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
"Zibanejad"

Had to look it up because, let's face it, there's no consistency here. I think I've seen 5 different spellings, and that's just one poster. Sarcasm

622011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch on Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:14 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
Big Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
spader wrote:

I only state facts.

632011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch on Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:24 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
rooneypoo wrote:
NEELY wrote:
spader wrote:
NEELY wrote:
spader wrote:

I guess we'll find out soon enough, especially if we don't move up. If we pick at 6, the odds are high that both Strome and Zibenajed will be available. Would it be crazy for us to take Zibenajed?

Nope, I've seen a lot of mocks (and my own mock Sarcasm ) that have Zibanejad to the Sens or around there.

Plus it wouldn't be crazy, since they did bring him to Ottawa and said 1 of the 6 (5 players brought in + Hamilton) would be a Senator.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum