You are not connected. Please login or register

New Captains

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 New Captains on Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:23 pm

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
-Craig Rivet will captain the Sabres (odd, but yeah whatever)

-Dustin Brown will captain the Kings

2 Re: New Captains on Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:38 pm

jamvan

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
504Heater wrote:-Craig Rivet will captain the Sabres (odd, but yeah whatever)

-Dustin Brown will captain the Kings
Rivet is a strange choice for sure.

Man the Kings have their guy for such a discount. I'd kill to get this guy in a Sens uniform.

3 Re: New Captains on Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:40 pm

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
jamvan wrote:
504Heater wrote:-Craig Rivet will captain the Sabres (odd, but yeah whatever)

-Dustin Brown will captain the Kings
Rivet is a strange choice for sure.

Man the Kings have their guy for such a discount. I'd kill to get this guy in a Sens uniform.

Yeah really, good luck with that. He's a true finisher. Not a great passer...at all though, but I guess a leader, with a beauty contract and a finisher to boot.

Very nice.

4 Re: New Captains on Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:01 pm

asq2

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
504Heater wrote:
jamvan wrote:
504Heater wrote:-Craig Rivet will captain the Sabres (odd, but yeah whatever)

-Dustin Brown will captain the Kings
Rivet is a strange choice for sure.

Man the Kings have their guy for such a discount. I'd kill to get this guy in a Sens uniform.

Yeah really, good luck with that. He's a true finisher. Not a great passer...at all though, but I guess a leader, with a beauty contract and a finisher to boot.

Very nice.

I also think the fact that he lead the league in hits by a country mile is nice.

The passing will come, he's only 23.

5 Re: New Captains on Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:03 pm

PKC

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
I don't like the Dustin Brown captaincy. Give it to a true vet, and then in a couple of years, let one of the kids who stood out the most get the captaincy and run with it.

6 Re: New Captains on Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:15 pm

asq2

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
PKC wrote:I don't like the Dustin Brown captaincy. Give it to a true vet, and then in a couple of years, let one of the kids who stood out the most get the captaincy and run with it.

Who? Michal Handzus?

Brown is a great player and by all accounts a good leader. They're not going to challenge any time soon, especially in that division (Dallas, Anaheim, San Jose and the Phoenix 'Yotes featuring Olli Jokinen? :pale: ) so I don't see what the harm is in letting him get used to the role so that when they are ready to challenge, he won't be negatively affected by it.

7 Re: New Captains on Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:19 pm

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
asq2 wrote:

Who? Michal Handzus?

Brown is a great player and by all accounts a good leader. They're not going to challenge any time soon, especially in that division (Dallas, Anaheim, San Jose and the Phoenix 'Yotes featuring Olli Jokinen? :pale: ) so I don't see what the harm is in letting him get used to the role so that when they are ready to challenge, he won't be negatively affected by it.

Tell me Handzus isn't one of the worst signings of the last few years. They must want to shed that salary so bad. Smile

8 Re: New Captains on Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:20 pm

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
PKC wrote:I don't like the Dustin Brown captaincy. Give it to a true vet, and then in a couple of years, let one of the kids who stood out the most get the captaincy and run with it.

I have to agree with Asq on this one, let Brown grow into the leader, experience the growing pains. LA's collective age is like 102, so he's growing with young guys. They'll grow into a champion unless something unrealistically bad happens.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum