For anything and everything NON Hockey related

    Share
    avatar
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13608
    Age : 44
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    For anything and everything NON Hockey related

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:05 pm

    Hey all,

    Mosky suggested this so here it is. This is your place to start topics on anything you want that isn't related to Hockey.


    _________________
    "A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

    - Unknown Author
    avatar
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13608
    Age : 44
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: For anything and everything NON Hockey related

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:28 pm

    I guess I'll start things off. Anyone watching the Olympics? I'm starting to wonder if Canada will come away with ANY medals this summer.


    _________________
    "A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

    - Unknown Author
    avatar
    Cronie
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 3032
    Age : 37
    Location : East of Ottawa..
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: For anything and everything NON Hockey related

    Post by Cronie on Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:54 pm

    Cap'n' Clutch wrote:I guess I'll start things off. Anyone watching the Olympics? I'm starting to wonder if Canada will come away with ANY medals this summer.

    From the looks of things, I'd say it looks pretty bleak! Shocked!
    avatar
    Snuh
    Rookie
    Rookie

    Number of posts : 293
    Age : 38
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-14

    Re: For anything and everything NON Hockey related

    Post by Snuh on Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:17 pm

    I won't lose any sleep if Canada doesn't win any medals. Haven't been paying too much attention really. People are screaming and crying that the government has to put more funding into amature sport in Canada. But realistically, people will get over it a couple of weeks after the Olympics are over, and the issue won't be brought up again for another 2 to 4 years.

    I'll care a lot more in 2010, though, for obvious reasons.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47790
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: For anything and everything NON Hockey related

    Post by wprager on Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:38 pm

    Snuh wrote:I won't lose any sleep if Canada doesn't win any medals. Haven't been paying too much attention really. People are screaming and crying that the government has to put more funding into amature sport in Canada. But realistically, people will get over it a couple of weeks after the Olympics are over, and the issue won't be brought up again for another 2 to 4 years.

    I'll care a lot more in 2010, though, for obvious reasons.

    That avatar of yours reminded me of this:

    Edit: Huh, embedded YouTube clip shows up in preview but not in finished post. Oh, well, here's the link:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDFgtFXfnv0
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47790
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: For anything and everything NON Hockey related

    Post by wprager on Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:19 am

    Well, this one is actually hockey-related, but it certainly qualifies as random thoughts. A Habs fan's predictions for the up-coming season. Almost as funny as the episode of The Office I just watched:
    http://www.hockeytraderumors.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=10590


    Admins, not sure how kosher it is to post links to another site, but this was just too darn funny.
    avatar
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13608
    Age : 44
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: For anything and everything NON Hockey related

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:42 am

    wprager wrote:Well, this one is actually hockey-related, but it certainly qualifies as random thoughts. A Habs fan's predictions for the up-coming season. Almost as funny as the episode of The Office I just watched:
    http://www.hockeytraderumors.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=10590


    Admins, not sure how kosher it is to post links to another site, but this was just too darn funny.

    I don't know how the other 3 GM Central Admin feel about the links but I personally have NO problem with them as long as it doesn't reek havoc with the forum in terms of the layout going wonky Smile


    _________________
    "A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

    - Unknown Author
    avatar
    Snuh
    Rookie
    Rookie

    Number of posts : 293
    Age : 38
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-14

    Re: For anything and everything NON Hockey related

    Post by Snuh on Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:03 pm

    wprager wrote:
    Snuh wrote:I won't lose any sleep if Canada doesn't win any medals. Haven't been paying too much attention really. People are screaming and crying that the government has to put more funding into amature sport in Canada. But realistically, people will get over it a couple of weeks after the Olympics are over, and the issue won't be brought up again for another 2 to 4 years.

    I'll care a lot more in 2010, though, for obvious reasons.

    That avatar of yours reminded me of this:

    Edit: Huh, embedded YouTube clip shows up in preview but not in finished post. Oh, well, here's the link:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDFgtFXfnv0

    Ha! The good old days of Jim Henson voiced Muppets. These days they just sound wrong... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GL_-5anuBc
    avatar
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13608
    Age : 44
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: For anything and everything NON Hockey related

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:19 pm

    Snuh wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    Snuh wrote:I won't lose any sleep if Canada doesn't win any medals. Haven't been paying too much attention really. People are screaming and crying that the government has to put more funding into amature sport in Canada. But realistically, people will get over it a couple of weeks after the Olympics are over, and the issue won't be brought up again for another 2 to 4 years.

    I'll care a lot more in 2010, though, for obvious reasons.

    That avatar of yours reminded me of this:

    Edit: Huh, embedded YouTube clip shows up in preview but not in finished post. Oh, well, here's the link:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDFgtFXfnv0

    Ha! The good old days of Jim Henson voiced Muppets. These days they just sound wrong... [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GL_-5anuBc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GL_-5anuBc[/quote[/url]]

    I agree. Muppets just aint the same.


    _________________
    "A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

    - Unknown Author

    Sponsored content

    Re: For anything and everything NON Hockey related

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:42 am