You are not connected. Please login or register

Need help : used TV

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Need help : used TV on Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:09 pm

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran
Hi Guys. My boss is moving back to Europe and he's selling some of the stuff that won't work there. Amongst those is a 42 inch. Panasonic plasma TV. He bought it late 2009 for about $1700 and he's looking for about $600 for it (I'm thinking more $400to $450).

it's a VIERA model # TH42PZ85U. This model is discontinued and I' m not sure what replaced it Do you guys think it's a good deal in that price range?

Thanks

2 Re: Need help : used TV on Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:21 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
He can't use it in Europe so you have the upper hand in the negotiations.

He has to sell it or else he will get nothing for his unusable asset.

This is like the Heatley trade. Try to get the price lowered.

3 Re: Need help : used TV on Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:24 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
You can get it brand new from B&H for $855:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/731357-REG/Panasonic_TH42LF20U_TH_42LF20U_42_Class_Full.html

Starting price for second-hand electronics is 50%so your $400-450 is bang on. But I'd try even lower. Last week Dell.ca was having their 12 days of Savings and one of the deals was a 42" 1080p, 120 Hz set (don't remember if it was LCD or LED). It was something like $300 off and went for $480 or $490. That's brand new.

4 Re: Need help : used TV on Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:15 pm

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran
I offered him $350. He has a $230 monster powerbar I also want. I'll probably offer him 450$ for both...

5 Re: Need help : used TV on Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:27 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
You don't really need a powerbar, do you? I have a $20 one that's not much more than an extension cord. It's got an off button and a reset, but I never used either. For that kind of money, maybe you could get a UPS that will clean your electricity *and* give you a half hour or more if the power goes out.

6 Re: Need help : used TV on Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:31 pm

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran
it's academic. his response to my $350 offer was that he already got a better offer. i did move wih the $450 (including the powerbar) but i dont think it's gonna fly. oh well ...

7 Re: Need help : used TV on Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:34 pm

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran
Big Ev wrote:He can't use it in Europe so you have the upper hand in the negotiations.

He has to sell it or else he will get nothing for his unusable asset.

This is like the Heatley trade. Try to get the price lowered.

No, the TV is still willing to play forhim :0

8 Re: Need help : used TV on Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:45 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Wow the TV didn't waive his no-trade?

9 Re: Need help : used TV on Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:44 pm

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran
yeah, not yet; it wants options

10 Re: Need help : used TV on Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:51 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
TheAvatar wrote:it's academic. his response to my $350 offer was that he already got a better offer. i did move wih the $450 (including the powerbar) but i dont think it's gonna fly. oh well ...

Just sign up for the Dell.ca alerts. They have sales fairly regularly, and prices can be excellent. They ship using Purolator which is blazing fast for free shipping. One time I ordered Tuesday afternoon and it was delivered Wednesday.

11 Re: Need help : used TV on Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:51 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
TheAvatar wrote:yeah, not yet; it wants options

Buy it out.

12 Re: Need help : used TV on Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:14 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Don't buy a Monster Powerbar. That is a giant waste of cash. A used powerbar with surge protection might already have "used up" its surge protection.

Anyway, that series of plasmas is supposed to be decent.

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/panasonic-th-46pz85u/4505-6482_7-32887121.html?tag=rvwBody

That review is for the 46" model.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum