You are not connected. Please login or register

» The other NHL teams » Metropolitan » New York Islanders » SIGNS WITH BUFFALO 10yrs/40mil Canucks deal negotiation rights to D Ehrhoff

SIGNS WITH BUFFALO 10yrs/40mil Canucks deal negotiation rights to D Ehrhoff

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
Canucks tarde rights to Christian Ehrhoff to the Isles for a 4th rnd pick

Last edited by Dash on Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
i guess one bad playoff run was enough to consider him a failed experiment...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
IF they can sign him of course....

NEELY

Mod
Mod
Meh, they made their choice with Bieksa.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He's a UFA... he'll end up somewhere soon enough...

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran
A 4th seems a little steep for a bottom feeding team to pay for 2 days of negotiation rights.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Bass Destruction wrote:A 4th seems a little steep for a bottom feeding team to pay for 2 days of negotiation rights.

I was thinking the same.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
NEELY wrote:Meh, they made their choice with Bieksa.

How are they choosing Bieksa over Ehrhoff if, as has been reported, they offered him the same deal?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
well maybe the 4rth was the return they got but maybe they discussed it with Ehrhoff before and told Snow he's not against playing for them. it's a bit of tempering but it goes on I'm sure. I'd rather see NYI get him then a bunch of other teams.

NEELY

Mod
Mod
spader wrote:
NEELY wrote:Meh, they made their choice with Bieksa.

How are they choosing Bieksa over Ehrhoff if, as has been reported, they offered him the same deal?

Did they offer him the same deal as Bieksa? If so, crappy deal but they are pretty deep on the blueline and hopefully Ballard can turn it around.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Sounds like he wants 5.5-6 on a long term. That's a lot of loot...

NEELY

Mod
Mod
Yah, he's a nice D man, not worth that much. He's not a number 1 guy, not even close.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star
What's really strange is that, with Strait & De Haan & Hamonic, Ehrhoff is not really the kind of player NYI needs right now. What they need is a guy like Regehr, ironically.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
NEELY wrote:Yah, he's a nice D man, not worth that much. He's not a number 1 guy, not even close.

Best thing that happened to him was Pitkanen signing. There goes a big option for teams, but I agree, 5 million max IMO.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
The Islanders have flipped the rights to Ehrhoff to the Buffalo Sabres for a 4th rnd pick. Guess Ehrhoff told them he wasn't signing with them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum