GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » UFA/Canada Day Moves and Signings and Rumours

UFA/Canada Day Moves and Signings and Rumours

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Go down  Message [Page 25 of 27]

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
SpezDispenser wrote:
spader wrote:Talbot's contract under review for cap circumvention:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=370862

The final two years of Talbot's deal are reportedly worth $1 million per year. This would violate cap rules as the final two years of the contract can not be worth less than half of either of the first two years of the deal.

Evidently, the Flyers should have used the signing bonus trick, as Buffalo and New York did in the Ehrhoff and Richards contracts, respectively.

Facepalm Jesus...these guys do this for a living, do they?

I should go off an write a little program with a nice, friendly GUI interface. You enter the terms of the contract and it shows a nice, big Smile or Sad depending on whether you met the rules or not. Maybe add a plugin for comparing player stats to find comparables, then compare salaries and have a few more possible results, like Facepalm or Laughing3 or Leftie .

Too bad I could only sell 30 licenses.

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
spader wrote:
Ha. Ya, this is becoming a joke. Ehrhoff gets paid a combined $18M in his first two seasons and $2M in his last two combined. Talbot gets $4.75M in his first two years combined and $2M in his last two combined, and that's circumvention. Facepalm

I thought they had done away with signing bonuses except for ELCs. How is Erhoff's contract structure if they can get away with this?

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
Flo The Action wrote:I don't think i could make the home opener in ottawa. damn. i'd love to hear the all out Boos and the fact that we could actually win that game. this is truly karma working its way. what next is he ends up being traded to florida next year... badunkadunk.

I don't mind the fans booing him any time he steps on the ice. I'm thankful, though, that most of the players and the head coach will have nothing other than winning to think about.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
with a bad FA crop and a few suprising trades in the books you have to wonder what's next for a few NHL teams... more trades i imagine? let's go to the circus....

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DarrenDreger
Swapped a few texts with Heatley shortly after he learned of the trade. Shocked? Yes, but also sounds very motivated to be great in Minny.

I bet he was shocked, probably shat his pants Laughing3

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Flo The Action wrote:DarrenDreger
Swapped a few texts with Heatley shortly after he learned of the trade. Shocked? Yes, but also sounds very motivated to be great in Minny.

I bet he was shocked, probably shat his pants Laughing3

I'm surprised Heatley even talked to Dregger. Earlier Dregger tweeted that Heatley's list of ten no-go teams was probably "Ottawa Senators" repeated 10 times.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

367UFA/Canada Day Moves and Signings and Rumours - Page 25 Empty Re: UFA/Canada Day Moves and Signings and Rumours on Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:12 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:DarrenDreger
Swapped a few texts with Heatley shortly after he learned of the trade. Shocked? Yes, but also sounds very motivated to be great in Minny.

I bet he was shocked, probably shat his pants Laughing3

I'm surprised Heatley even talked to Dregger. Earlier Dregger tweeted that Heatley's list of ten no-go teams was probably "Ottawa Senators" repeated 10 times.
awesome!

368UFA/Canada Day Moves and Signings and Rumours - Page 25 Empty Re: UFA/Canada Day Moves and Signings and Rumours on Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:33 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
I wonder where Kaberle will end up.

His playoff disappearing act did him no favors.

369UFA/Canada Day Moves and Signings and Rumours - Page 25 Empty Re: UFA/Canada Day Moves and Signings and Rumours on Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:39 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hoags wrote:I wonder where Kaberle will end up.

His playoff disappearing act did him no favors.
i thought he'd end up being a wings cuz he'd have been well insulated but they went and got Ian white....
(the lack of) common sense will say Philly will get him signed? Sarcasm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran
I figure he'll end up playing for the Isles. They missed out on Erhoff, so they may look at another puck mover. They need to start spending to hit the cap floor, they are $21.55M off. The other Dman I could see them targeting is their former 2nd round pick, Bryan McCabe.

It would be kind of funny if they went for both of them, but I don't see that happening.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
The Silfer Server wrote:I figure he'll end up playing for the Isles. They missed out on Erhoff, so they may look at another puck mover. They need to start spending to hit the cap floor, they are $21.55M off. The other Dman I could see them targeting is their former 2nd round pick, Bryan McCabe.

It would be kind of funny if they went for both of them, but I don't see that happening.

Glad to see you didn't infringe on my "Silfver Surfver" trademark. Wink

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
SeawaySensFan wrote:
The Silfer Server wrote:I figure he'll end up playing for the Isles. They missed out on Erhoff, so they may look at another puck mover. They need to start spending to hit the cap floor, they are $21.55M off. The other Dman I could see them targeting is their former 2nd round pick, Bryan McCabe.

It would be kind of funny if they went for both of them, but I don't see that happening.

Glad to see you didn't infringe on my "Silfver Surfver" trademark. Wink

Kinda sad to see BD go, though. I'm just wondering if Silf will ever make it to the NHL. He keeps coming to the DC, which makes you think his intention is to eventually end up here. But when management says he's ready for the NHL and he doesn't pack his bags immediately, makes you really wonder what's up. And maybe BD is a bad luck charm.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
The Silfer Server wrote:I figure he'll end up playing for the Isles. They missed out on Erhoff, so they may look at another puck mover. They need to start spending to hit the cap floor, they are $21.55M off. The other Dman I could see them targeting is their former 2nd round pick, Bryan McCabe.

It would be kind of funny if they went for both of them, but I don't see that happening.
they are 21.55 m off the cap floor!!!! what!!!!!!!! hell i better get on the phone see if waterboys can count against the cap, i've got my resume ready. it's mostly beer related but how much difference can beer and water be? one usually follow the other?

if they are that far off I could see them making a play for both of them.

374UFA/Canada Day Moves and Signings and Rumours - Page 25 Empty Re: UFA/Canada Day Moves and Signings and Rumours on Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:26 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Hoags wrote:I wonder where Kaberle will end up.

His playoff disappearing act did him no favors.

I feel as if Columbus is the best place for him - and they still need offense from the backend.

375UFA/Canada Day Moves and Signings and Rumours - Page 25 Empty Re: UFA/Canada Day Moves and Signings and Rumours on Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:23 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
The Silfer Server wrote:I figure he'll end up playing for the Isles. They missed out on Erhoff, so they may look at another puck mover. They need to start spending to hit the cap floor, they are $21.55M off. The other Dman I could see them targeting is their former 2nd round pick, Bryan McCabe.

It would be kind of funny if they went for both of them, but I don't see that happening.

Glad to see you didn't infringe on my "Silfver Surfver" trademark. Wink

Kinda sad to see BD go, though. I'm just wondering if Silf will ever make it to the NHL. He keeps coming to the DC, which makes you think his intention is to eventually end up here. But when management says he's ready for the NHL and he doesn't pack his bags immediately, makes you really wonder what's up. And maybe BD is a bad luck charm.

If I am bad luck, maybe I should change my name to "Havana, Kuba" or something of that ilk to try and get rid of him. But if Silfverberg doesn't ever come over, then I will really have to begin to wonder. And then probably cry.

And wprager, BD will miss you too Wink

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:I wonder where Kaberle will end up.

His playoff disappearing act did him no favors.

I feel as if Columbus is the best place for him - and they still need offense from the backend.
best place I don't know... could they use him? yes. even with WIZ they have two good PMD.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Ladd gets 5 years/22 million, 4.4 cap hit. Damn, I love that player, I'm sad.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
Why be sad? You can't have everyone you love in Ottawa, and no team was getting him for nothing. RFA, Captain of the team, and not only that, but first year in a Canadian city... no way he was going anywhere. New team, new ownership, huge fan base, lots of money to spend.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 25 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum