You are not connected. Please login or register

» The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » UFA/Canada Day Moves and Signings and Rumours

UFA/Canada Day Moves and Signings and Rumours

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 25, 26, 27

Go down  Message [Page 27 of 27]

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star
Man, the action is fast and furious this afternoon all of a sudden...

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:Joe Corvo to the Bruins for a 4th rounder (WTF!)

salary dump for kaberle? either way, meh.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
3.25 per year for MacArthur - 2 year deal.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
Meh, Phoenix can sign all the players they want, it's not their money. The NHL is trying to load the team up with talent to sell.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
The Silfer Server wrote:I figure he'll end up playing for the Isles. They missed out on Erhoff, so they may look at another puck mover. They need to start spending to hit the cap floor, they are $21.55M off. The other Dman I could see them targeting is their former 2nd round pick, Bryan McCabe.

It would be kind of funny if they went for both of them, but I don't see that happening.
they are 21.55 m off the cap floor!!!! what!!!!!!!! hell i better get on the phone see if waterboys can count against the cap, i've got my resume ready. it's mostly beer related but how much difference can beer and water be? one usually follow the other?

if they are that far off I could see them making a play for both of them.

Wow was I ever off yesterday. I think I read their cap space as their pay roll. My apologies for the confusion and throwing people off (because clearly everyone takes what I say as gospel). They are only 10.2M away from the cap. Although at least my math, was correct, although based on falsities.

My only regret is that I let all of you down. This is a mistake that BD never would have made.

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore
wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
spader wrote:Talbot's contract under review for cap circumvention:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=370862

The final two years of Talbot's deal are reportedly worth $1 million per year. This would violate cap rules as the final two years of the contract can not be worth less than half of either of the first two years of the deal.

Evidently, the Flyers should have used the signing bonus trick, as Buffalo and New York did in the Ehrhoff and Richards contracts, respectively.

Facepalm Jesus...these guys do this for a living, do they?

I should go off an write a little program with a nice, friendly GUI interface. You enter the terms of the contract and it shows a nice, big Smile or Sad depending on whether you met the rules or not. Maybe add a plugin for comparing player stats to find comparables, then compare salaries and have a few more possible results, like Facepalm or Laughing3 or Leftie .

Too bad I could only sell 30 licenses.

I thought the Ehroff deal was in violation as well, but it turns out the Sabres were both smart and stupid. Ehroff makes 1 mill a year for the last 3 years, and he makes 10 mill in year 1, but 8 million of that is signing bonus, which means his 1 million in the last 2 years isn't less than 1/2. It's ingenious, and stupid to give that much in bonus.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:
I should go off an write a little program with a nice, friendly GUI interface. You enter the terms of the contract and it shows a nice, big Smile or Sad depending on whether you met the rules or not. Maybe add a plugin for comparing player stats to find comparables, then compare salaries and have a few more possible results, like Facepalm or Laughing3 or Leftie .

Too bad I could only sell 30 licenses.

Write an app. I think you'd sell a bit more since assistant GMs and hands-on owners would buy it too.

So would most fantasy hockey enthusiasts and just about everyone on hfboards Smile

That'd be a nice bit of money at the end Smile

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
spez where's the man-love for Patty Sharp??? Sarcasm he's not re-signed yet?

Laugh1 That's true, that's another guy I'd love to see in a Sens' uni.

And Jokinen? Laugh1

I'm guessing this could turn into one of those Irish-isms -- i.e., "I never drink at all, excepting Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, holidays, and the occasional Wednesday" -- if we keep playing this game.

Oops, yeah, I liked him too. Him I wasn't upset when we lost. He's good and would have fit well, but it's not a big deal. But yeah, we could probably go on all day.

PS, I would + you two for even remembering who I have fetishes for. Pretty impressive.
i'd minus myself for not having more of a life while away from home. but... I'm kind of in transit between a rock and a hard place so hockey saves the day again! :KKK:

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
well the Ehroff deal can be viewed in may ways. it's genius if the owner is a multi-bilionaire that can throw money to the sewers. in 4 years most of his contract will be paid off and if he's playing OK but does not fit the sabres expectations they can flip him to a team with cap space but money constraints. I think the new owner for the sabres wants a cup to add to his mantle piece. If he continues in this manner and lets GM do some wheeling and dealing they could be great contenders within a couple of years. Miller playing up to expectations that is.

I like the kaberle deal for carolina. I'm a bit surprised Corvo was sent(for a 4rth round pick no less) but i'll make my judgment on Kaberle based on years of play instead of how he faired in a short stint with the bruins. they got a good deal anyway. Paul Maurice must know what's the best way to work Kabs and carolina as a whole team/management seems to find a way to get the best out of players having difficulties.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 27 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 25, 26, 27

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum